Why are eggs such a scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are eggs such a scam

In other games you get to accumulate rewards and if you buy enough of their gambling things you can buy what you didn't get, like in the Elder Scrolls Online if you get duplicate items they are redeemed for a reward currency that, when you accumulate enough, will let you buy anything from the random boxes.

in dragon nest I dropped over 800 on eggs and i still have no wings?! All i want are a pair of wings and in all my time playing here I've never gotten a pair. Meanwhile my friends run around getting wings from free eggs or from less than 300 eggs, or have tons of duplicate wings. Like what the freaking hell?

I sent a ticket about it and they closed it saying, "We don't exchange duplicate items."

Since this game has no redemption system or even a way to trade EC items I'm done dropping money on eggs. I decided to whale out once, see what it was like and its absolute stupidity. I knew the risks going in but I expected to spend around 300, not 800.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Who guards the guardians?

dragon nest NA is not rlly a good game to be a whale on tbhhhh. too many restrictions and too rng heavy

i wouldve spent that 800 on something worthwhile like 800 bags of doritos or a new pc

if u get the full set of cold mirage it can raise ur dmg more than 2 good pieces of +12 IDN L equips/weps

think about it

Last edited by milktoast22; 02-02-2017, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Especially since now the stat bonus on these accessories is crazy. You can like double you're damage potentially with all the right setup.

Comment

• ceruulean
        ceruulean commented
        Editing a comment
        I would of stopped if I got a pair of wings, I could care less about the set. I just ended up getting everything besides wings. I don't want my alts to run around with fairy wings all the time.

Hope you didn't straight up buy 800 eggs. I got the full set from buying 60 eggs, and the rest on veyep from 3 different characters.
      Dragoon
      TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

• ceruulean
        ceruulean commented
        Editing a comment
        I bought 800 eggs since the last patch all within January. Have fun with your set

• aaron
        aaron commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry to hear.

You know what isn't a scam? Apple Farming. You always know what you're going to get. No RNG involved at all and it is the best way to make gold in Dragon Nest.

Be the Best. Be an Apple Farmer.

Comment

But why not gold buy, farm apples and grind gold?

Then you can try another 700 eggs and not get a single piece.

Comment

I'm sincerely sorry the system is so shit.

I'm also another player with no wings (and I fucking hate it), but I'm way too afraid of being burnt to bother with eggs, unless I can buy them off an EC seller for gold.

Fuck spending money on the lotto.

Fix the fucking system EYE.
          ~ Check this out if you're having problems installing Dragon Nest ~

~ Check out this or this if you can't hit or loot anything in-game ~

Orona -- Ice Witch

Comment

Well, I don't blame them.
            If we are able to afford this price and on top of that, buy hundreds of 'em
            There's no reason for them to drop the price or change anything.

IGN: SachiMizora | Class: Pyromancer | Discord: Sachi #2301 | Hangs out @ Ch7 | Pyromancer Guide | Tumblr
            Other Characters:
            Saint/s -
            Generosity, SaeyoungChoi & Pure
            Light Bringer - Aussie, KaidenMizora
            Ice Witch - SachMizora
            Valkyrie - Sachi

Comment

• ILLbeURdeath
              ILLbeURdeath commented
              Editing a comment
              If you can't make that buck honesty then you won't be making that buck for too long

The point is simple here, our server has unique, one of a kind eggs... Every other server I hear has progressive drops when it comes to their servers eggs. The more crap you get there only increases your rate of getting something good and on other servers they can trade duplicate EC items... But here, our server...no our server is special and for some weird, brainwashed reason, you and those like you defend the current status quo. Which is: we cannot trade EC items as openly as EVERY other server can, our eggs do not have the progressive drop rates that I hear EVERY other server does too. Yeah, we're special alright, so special they gimp our server and ONLY our server...

But go ahead people, keep supporting a broken system. A system designed to rip you off, I guess those that support this current system must have something they stand to lose should we become just like EVERY other server.

The current system is a max profit only approach, they don't care about customer retention. Their policies for our server says otherwise not to mention it seems like we will NEVER be able to trade EC items just as EVERY other server can and because of this...most won't buy eggs again or at all to begin with.

Our server will never improve with the current policies in place, period.
              Last edited by ILLbeURdeath; 02-02-2017, 05:01 PM.

i got cold mirage wing on one dnp coupon egg :P

Than again, i opened 1300+ to finish my viking set.
            IGN: iAmNotHere

Comment

agreed, as long as people keep buying, they will keep selling. Why should they fix it if the main goal in the end is to make money?
              Last edited by Some Asian Guy; 02-02-2017, 07:10 PM.
              IGN: SupportYou

Class: Chaos Mage

Discord: Yujin#3298

Comment

• ceruulean
                ceruulean commented
                Editing a comment
                Literally if the dev team decides "we're not making EC items tradable nor are we going to compensate for duplicates" i'm not going to spend another dollar, I'll clear idnhc as my last goal since i already invested this much, and quit

now imagine that x1000
                wait its already happening
                Last edited by ceruulean; 02-02-2017, 08:23 PM.

lol next update gonna have a more op cash set plus super op epic costumes and weapons.

it never ends and just limits the growth of the game and completely fucks the already fucked pve balance.

u know game is messed up when cash gear gives you way more stats than actual in game gear

http://forum.cherrycredits.com/topic...rt-6set-stats/
              Last edited by milktoast22; 02-02-2017, 07:23 PM.

Comment

well i already gave ED a shit ton so they're probably looking forward to the next cuck to make the same mistake

but anyway, for every cuck that does this theres 100 ppl who "nope" and dont spend any money

also wtf SEA has the same exact items as us and even though items are tradable they still have a bunch of whales its not like making items tradable reduces the amount of whales LOL it just makes items more accessible to players so the free players have a chance of getting these cash items.

if ed really cant make money from all the pro packs and vip packages and jellies they sell then this is why

if they have trouble breaking into the NA market its because literally every other NA based game has a better cash system

Comment

the game won't grow at all at this rate. it's just going to be whales left playing the game with maybe a few hundred f2p players.

how many people are actually actively playing the game? prolly less than 1k players. thats pathetic.

Comment

Lmao at this his point its fine if Ed stops giving out free dnp, nobody expects freebies. But the lack of mp trading or duplicate redemption just kills the server.

The reason some people feel entitled to free dnp is because we can't get cash items from other players and a bunch of people are sick of these restrictions. Funny thing we blamed Nexon for not being able to trade cash items and hoped Ed will give us that feature... but it was always ED decision?!

Comment

You see, the higher ups controlling na have really backwards thinking. They say tradeable ec items would ruin the economy, yet whenever I go look at the mp in kdn it's basically just like ours for every item price except ofc that they can actually use their ec tab. The higher ups also say they are never going to put more dye's and contact lenses in the cash shop because that would diminish egg sales. So yes they are a.ss backwards money grubbing di.ckwads, but hey at least gmeye said in town that there's going to be an npc to trade green grade ec items for gold. I wouldn't hold your breath on that though as its likely it'll be less gold than their current market value.

Comment

Working...
                      X