Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I be concerned about the grammar in this version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I be concerned about the grammar in this version?

I've been a bit concerned seeing as how the grammar is pretty shotty almost google translate quality on the teaser page, should I expect that from now on or do you think they will hire people who can properly form sentences in English? Will we get localized character names or the different ones that other clients have? Will the story take a nose dive thanks to this? I appreciate your opinions or answers!
    TwinWing - Tempest

KuroDarc - Inquisitor

I have a feeling were probs gonna use SEA version translations from now on...

Comment

Originally posted by Wootzie View Post
      I have a feeling were probs gonna use SEA version translations from now on...
      Does that also mean we're going to get a new soundtrack since all our voice actors say Gerrant and Kasarana etc.?

I'm going to be super pissed if we have to relearn everyone's name TT_TT
      TwinWing - Tempest

KuroDarc - Inquisitor

Comment

I'm more concerned with having subtitles on cutscenes

Oh! Something new and cool is happening!
        *Doesnt understand korean*
        *Not as effective enjoyment*

Snobu - Smasher aka War Mage
        Nico - Destroyer

Someone will always ruin something for others...
        PVE War Mage Guide

Comment

I will be sad if the 90-93 quest dialogue is of the same quality English as the teaser page.

Comment

I really want to keep the English voices for our characters at least. I don't want to resort to modding. I just can't stand Tinkerer and Lencea's voices in Korean. So squeaky... Maybe an option to pick between English or Korean voice pack? I know it's a wishful thinking though... Would not be cost efficient for them.

Comment

Hmm... that's a good question, actually. Ideally, they'd see if they could poach and/or share Nexon's translators, since they're the most familiar with the game (and I like the humour they put in some of the filler quests & commissions), but I don't know how well that would go over with either company. It's more likely that they'll get their own translators, but stick with pre-established localised names most of the time (barring a few instances where they forget, and use the original names). I'd say the least likely option is that they'll retcon all the names back to the originals, if only because that would require spending extra effort for something relatively minuscule. caption

Comment

I honestly don't mind grammar on the teaser site much, it's not like it is completely butchered and completely not understandable. Perfect translation should be the least of our concern, not saying that having completely non-sense translation is anywhere near acceptable, but having mistakes here and there is not the end of the world, sometime it make for some funny moment even.
                As long as they just make some sort of effort to translate it shouldn't turn out too bad, just don't copy paste it from google translate, Nexon's translation isn't perfect neither. I wouldn't worry too much since it's pretty easy to translate things to English, it's the other way around that is hard (at least from experience).
                Why do I stand up? To look down on you!

Comment

not like most actually read quest/follow main quest,most skip it until 80,doing it then just for the gold,skipping all dialog
                  Nekavrad - Lvl 90 Inquisitor(soon 93) - Member of BOOOMPANES

Comment

I'm pretty sure it will be some problems but I really don't mind it tbh. I can see they're trying their hardest to translate what they're planning already and doing....a little fine.

Also I dobut will get sea translation.
                    That Apple Berry Kid
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/AppleberryKitty

Comment

They are using an NA base for translations and voices. All new translations are Engrish, to an extent, but for the most part its decent. They do often times reference original storyline names instead of what the rest of the NA client says, like Typhoon Kim Nest instead of Typhoon Krag Nest, Geraint instead of Gerrant.

Voices are also full NA, BUT, any 93 cap and on voices are SILENCED (0'd out), so expect a cut-off as soon as you reach 93 cap content, and any new npcs/cutscenes/etc, all 0'd out. This is another reason to have ED give us full KR rather than partial NA voices. It'd also be nice if they linked up translations instead of having separate references. Please refer to my post in Game Suggestions for more info from my data-mining efforts. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Nekavrad View Post
                        not like most actually read quest/follow main quest,most skip it until 80,doing it then just for the gold,skipping all dialog
                        I actually have read/followed the main quest completely on several characters for different perspectives based on class. I would like a decent (i.e doesn't need to be perfect) translation so that I can continue to enjoy the lore.

Discord: Vulpix/Irene#6529 | Proud Officer of Sevrilla

Comment

Last thing we should care about is grammar and their English. As long as they can fully communicate and comprehend the community then we will live.
                          *를 **** *십**. *는 ** *람입**

Comment

I don't mind the grammar, I can see the effort behind it and I can forgive it. So far they've seemed quite positive about everything and if they handle everything well then the least of my concern is grammar.

I wouldn't worry about it. Plus if we're not harsh it'll provide more incentive for improvement on grammar as the game goes on anyway.

Comment

They've hired an English speaking community manager so I don't think they'll butcher the localization. Plus they can probably contract names of the NA voice actors to do additional voices if they're willing to spend the $$$. Especially with the Internet it's easier than ever to hire globally

plus who says nexon's translators are the only capable ones? There's plenty of people out there who are capable of the job. Translation is an art; translators and editors work together to pass on the meaning in a way that fits the language and audience.
                              Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                              Who guards the guardians?

Comment

Working...
                              X