Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Open Letter To Eyedentitiy

Hello,

I am Threshield and I have been playing DN on and off since closed beta, and while I wrote something in the "Rants and Raves" I wanted to write something on a more leveled head. When Dragon Nest was being transferred from Nexon I was excited to see big changes to make the game better, sadly this hasn't been the case.

With the recent announcement of NA never getting sellable EC items, I feel that there will be a dark cloud around ED for a while. I believe NA should get some compensation, seeing as we are the only server without it. I believe taking out the some of the trash items can help, HP, MP, and Cure Potions are basically worthless and Goddess Laments being in there is laughable. I believe swapping out the Laments for Aura would be a nice change and maybe adding Gold Pouches instead of potion could help out. I would also like if an NPC can be added to deal with dupes, I personally only play 2 characters at most and All the extra W/T/D etc. I have is straight up obnoxious. It could also have old sets that can be purchased using a currency that is made for trading in EC items. I am sure the community especially any unlucky spenders would appreciate.

Another issue I have had with the game is that certain Materials have the same name for level 90 and level 93, The Dragon Gems mats and the Brilliant Talisman mats for example. This makes it difficult the sell and finds average prices do too the two mats having different levels of usefulness. I would like to ask the the 93 mats get their names adjusted if that is possible.

I am not going to sugar coat it here, the events so far having been pretty bad, we have had way too many P2P events compared to the ones about the game. I mean I participated in most of them but not everyone is willing to spend money on the game so the P2P ever alienate players. If ED wants to continue the P2P events, which we know they do, offset them with events all can participate in.

There are also the long list of problem I often see on the forums that I am sure everyone has seen, like
    • Legendary Grade Enhancement Transfers being grossly over prices.
    • 93 stuff still now having Enhance Transfers, as far as I know.
    • Some people still Struggling from the Spirits bugs from November.
    • The Current mass bans

Well, it is pretty late as I write this so I am going to finish off with one last request, Make NA unique by giving it something all it’s own that makes this server stand out, and not have it stand out for its lack of content. Many of us transferred from Nexon in hopes that the game would be better with ED in charge and while it hasn’t been so far I believe that with help from both sides we can make the game better.

Sincerely,
    Threshield.

I do think ED has helped the f2p community too like schultz said. Just having DNP that ED added, I only played like 2 months under Nexon but don't remember any system like DNP where you can buy cash shop items. The first enhancement event they gave us free jellies too. Some of the items ED has introduced are expensive af like the new engineer/racer costume pieces but atleast you can buy them from players with in game gold. ED does need some improvements but there is good too in what they've done, not to sound like an ED fanboy but ;p.
    Last edited by Asal; 03-03-2017, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Hi Threshield,

It's nice to see an old player stick around, and we appreciate the feedback!

Let me try and address some things in your post.

If you're having trouble getting auras, then I believe you are concentrating in the wrong places. I do all of my nests every week and receive somewhere are 100ish auras per week, which is more than enough for whatever you need to buy auras with. Additionally, if you grind the lvl 93 Cathedral twisted territory, you will often get desirous equipment at the end, which can be extracted for 5 aura each. While I don't agree that auras should be put in the eggs in place of laments, I will be sure to relay that suggestion, as well as your other suggestions, to the team!

As far as material names, there already is a difference in the naming for some of the mats you mentioned. Brilliant talisman PIECES are for level 90 crafting and Brilliant talisman FRAGMENTS are for level 93 crafting. Although the name change is somewhat subtle, there is a discernible difference between them, and you should have no issues finding the average price for either one. Even if you don't remember the exact names of the materials, if you search for "brilliant talisman" in the market, and then click the lv. tab, it will usually sort the mats together (to a degree, some will be out of place depending on the price), so you will be able to differentiate between the level 90 and the level 93 fragments as well (they also look different, the level 93 one has more layers and is bigger, and their descriptions are different if you hover over them). I do agree, however, that something should be done about the essences, as the lvl 90 and 93 ones have exactly the same name. While the average prices don't get messed up because the system detects each essence as different entities, it is quite difficult to figure out the average price if you don't have one in your inventory or none are available in market.

As far as events go, as several people have pointed out, there were a few p2w events, but most have been f2p. Making sweeping generalizations about the events isn't the best way for us to help you in this situation. Instead, if you could make suggestions on what type of events you want to see, as well as how you thought events X, Y, and Z could have been improved, that would be fantastic. I'll be sure to relay those ideas to the team if you give them.

For the 93 enhancement transfers, the team is meeting to discuss that.

Please bear with us for the mass bans. If you accidentally got banned, please send in a ticket and let one of the gm's know your ticket number asap, and we'll try to get you unbanned as soon as possible. The same goes for anyone with a broken spirit. Many people have already been unbanned/had their spirits fixed, and we ask that you be vigilant about keeping those tickets coming!

As far as making NA unique, what would you suggest, since you've been around for so long?

Comment

• [GM] DENTITY
        [GM] DENTITY commented
        Editing a comment
        Just make a party titled "Gold grind" or "93 twisted Grind" and wait for people to join, or ask a guildie to grind with you. I've done it plenty of times - just make sure to set up the party during times when a lot of people are online.

• Threshield
        Threshield commented
        Editing a comment
        A point I forgot to mention in the OP was is that the lack of Hair Dye and Eye colors in the Dragon Vault, adding more would help a lot. 

Oh I have no problem with getting Aura, I just feel they would be a nice change to the eggs over the laments. I feel making NA's egg more desirable than other Servers may be one of the things to quell people angry about the EC decision.

I was mainly talking about the essences, some people, like myself, may not use the average price system the game as major items are constantly fluctuating so the Average Price System can't always keep up, and it can be quite annoying to have to scroll through 3 or 4 pages to see if the average price is updated or not.

On the Matter of the Events I feel I was thinking about the impact of the events is what makes me feel that the P2P event have outnumbered the F2P events, While the Artbook and Hide and Seek again are great for relationships with the Players and GMs their impact isn't as big as the Gold Egg event, Rajuul Egg event (Though this was easily one of the best ), The Recharge and Win, Christmas and Black Friday Event. While all the boosting Events are great I don't feel they have outweighed or even out the P2P events yet.

That said I believe one of the few features that could make the server unique is like a mentioned an NPC that has old W/T/D/N maybe excluding the Dragons, seeing as we have the hero eggs that are used for events. The NPC could have the pieces added once the items are out of eggs, and use a similar system like Nightmare Stars where the points don't take up inventory space, and the points can be built by trading in pieces. This would surely quell a number of people mad about the EC decision, as I assume many like me want to finish sets more than use it as a way to make gold. I don't think you are going to want do repeat the Rajuul Egg Event with other major sets coming in the future. (Also on the matter of Sellable EC I understand why the epic items may cause problems with the economy but would allowing use to sell the other Rare items besides the Green Spark ring really cause many problems? )

• [GM] DENTITY
        [GM] DENTITY commented
        Editing a comment
        Threshield, I've already reported basically all of the things you mentioned in your post as suggestions to the team! Thank you for your input!

Make NA unique? The only unique thing should be the localization, that is, proper translation and voice acting. Other than that we should not have any unique features. We already have the free dnp and purchasable reset scrolls which I believe is why ED doesn't want us to trade Ec. I'd rather they take both those away and get tradable ec. Having reset scrolls purchasable with gold is nice but we can't expect special treatment and equal treatment at the same time. If this community server would rather be unique then so be it, I personally wish it was the same as other servers.
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
      Who guards the guardians?

Comment

The only type of compensation I can think of is to add old ec items into the medal shop for high amounts of medals. Gives me at least some motivation to play again, and might make endless less dead.

Either way I don't really care lol. I really really wanted to play black mara, but I swore that if this ec trading wasn't possible that I'd give up on the game. As I've been waiting 5 years to trade my game breaking green grade cosmetics that give 30 attk dmg lol. The only thing I wanted was a way to trade old costumes. Not even old costumes, I just wanted a way to transfer old EC items from accounts that are all mine.
        If you want to be better than Nexon then congrats you did that. Its not like being better than a trashcan is that much of an accomplishment.

Comment

• Queen
          Queen commented
          Editing a comment
          u dont want even more pver to lurk around those rooms tbh
          and i love how ppl still throws shade at nexon & not actually look at their efforts, 10/10

• WhaleThen
          WhaleThen commented
          Editing a comment
          Nexon as a publisher really isn't that good or that great compared to any other notable publisher out there for kmmos. Maybe you can make that argument here, but step outside of this community and the idea that Nexon is better than its reputation because of your opinion on how much effort they put into this community specifically is anecdotal. Regardless I never really mentioned whether or not Nexon actually tried, whether the branch that worked for Dragon Nest put in effort doesn't make Nexon any less of a company than it is. 0/10

Originally posted by [GM] DENTITY View Post
        Hi Threshield,

It's nice to see an old player stick around, and we appreciate the feedback!

Let me try and address some things in your post.

If you're having trouble getting auras, then I believe you are concentrating in the wrong places. I do all of my nests every week and receive somewhere are 100ish auras per week, which is more than enough for whatever you need to buy auras with. Additionally, if you grind the lvl 93 Cathedral twisted territory, you will often get desirous equipment at the end, which can be extracted for 5 aura each. While I don't agree that auras should be put in the eggs in place of laments, I will be sure to relay that suggestion, as well as your other suggestions, to the team!

As far as material names, there already is a difference in the naming for some of the mats you mentioned. Brilliant talisman PIECES are for level 90 crafting and Brilliant talisman FRAGMENTS are for level 93 crafting. Although the name change is somewhat subtle, there is a discernible difference between them, and you should have no issues finding the average price for either one. Even if you don't remember the exact names of the materials, if you search for "brilliant talisman" in the market, and then click the lv. tab, it will usually sort the mats together (to a degree, some will be out of place depending on the price), so you will be able to differentiate between the level 90 and the level 93 fragments as well (they also look different, the level 93 one has more layers and is bigger, and their descriptions are different if you hover over them). I do agree, however, that something should be done about the essences, as the lvl 90 and 93 ones have exactly the same name. While the average prices don't get messed up because the system detects each essence as different entities, it is quite difficult to figure out the average price if you don't have one in your inventory or none are available in market.

As far as events go, as several people have pointed out, there were a few p2w events, but most have been f2p. Making sweeping generalizations about the events isn't the best way for us to help you in this situation. Instead, if you could make suggestions on what type of events you want to see, as well as how you thought events X, Y, and Z could have been improved, that would be fantastic. I'll be sure to relay those ideas to the team if you give them.

For the 93 enhancement transfers, the team is meeting to discuss that.

Please bear with us for the mass bans. If you accidentally got banned, please send in a ticket and let one of the gm's know your ticket number asap, and we'll try to get you unbanned as soon as possible. The same goes for anyone with a broken spirit. Many people have already been unbanned/had their spirits fixed, and we ask that you be vigilant about keeping those tickets coming!

As far as making NA unique, what would you suggest, since you've been around for so long?

Thanks, you really seem to know what you are talking about, happy that our GM's play the game and have fun with us, buff us and do content.
        If i am able to make a suggestion It would be to fix one of the biggest problems on NA which is apple farming..........

NA is the only server to have people make thousands, yes thousands of level 24 characters to farm apples, which in turn rewards them with 35 gold every 5 days.
        Now since i am from another server I just find this quite unfair that players can get THIS MUCH gold without even playing the game... one just logs in every 5 days to collect, sure it takes a while but it still enables them to amass much more gold than players actually grinding every day can get.. this just seems so unfair in my opinion....

This is possible because apple farming on DN NA is bugged and crops do NOT need watering..........
        The crops would normally force the players to log on every while and go tend to their crops and water it or or it would die, fixing this bug would at least make the players have to actively do something while amassing alot of gold, while at the same time lowering the amount of gold they can amass, because to me someone apple farming is basically playing the same way as gold bots..
        SPEAKING of bots if you fix this, they will not be able to sell gold thus reducing the amount of bots invading our server.

MY suggestions.

~Fix the bug and make players have to water their crops so it is more fair.
        ~If the bug is not fixed only allow 1 apple to be planted in the farm per account
        ~Give NA more gold events please.

Now as for trade-able EC items, I am from SEA where we actually have that, and I will say if you guys think that It will ruin NA's economy, no matter what other players say even if they complain you should do what you guys think is best for the server, like if you somehow think fixing apple farming will ruin the server I would just suck it up and deal with it even though I think it is unfair, thanks for reading my suggestions and being active in game and on the forums its a refreshing change to have GM's that do stuff with us thank you for your time!
        Last edited by Omnicide; 03-04-2017, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omnicide View Post

This is possible because apple farming on DN NA is bugged and crops do NOT need watering..........
          The crops would normally force the players to log on every while and go tend to their crops and water it or or it would die, fixing this bug would at least make the players have to actively do something while amassing alot of gold, while at the same time lowering the amount of gold they can amass, because to me someone apple farming is basically playing the same way as gold bots..
          SPEAKING of bots if you fix this, they will not be able to sell gold thus reducing the amount of bots invading our server.

MY suggestions.

~Fix the bug and make players have to water their crops so it is more fair.
          ~If the bug is not fixed only allow 1 apple to be planted in the farm per account
          ~Give NA more gold events please.
          Bug? Was it not a feature that was removed? I remember hearing about it in other servers and waiting quite a long time for them to remove crops requiring water.

In the event if this is somehow a bug, then it still won't remove the true apple farmers of this game. There are people who had spreadsheets of characters, plots, water times and harvest times to still make the gold.

Comment

Working...
          X