Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your opinion of communication between developers and playerbase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your opinion of communication between developers and playerbase?

Share your thoughts so that ED and its staff can see this.
    Great, needs no changes.
    5.36%
    Good, can use improvement.
    19.64%
    Bad, fix it.
    75.00%

Keyword Developers
    Discord: TheSomnangMao#5374

Comment

Some players are getting development information way ahead of time versus other players. I'm not talking about data mining, but rather recent developments in discussion.
      Dragoon
      TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

Uhm I'm mainly from the League community and it was pretty common there for prominent players to get information on reworks and stuff before other people could.

Anyways, that playerbase is at least 1000000x ours. I don't think with a playerbase this small that stuff should be kept from us. We didn't know about no more free DNP until the day we stopped getting free DNP.

Comment

They are the best. Their level of communication and commitment is unseen by any other developers.
          Their knowledge on how to operate game deserve big applause.
          They have reached new levels... no doubt at all. 100% full support from Mr Big Johnson.

Comment

• TheSomnangMao
            TheSomnangMao commented
            Editing a comment
            your profile picture looks really weird. i'm going to stop looking at it

• Big Johnson
            Big Johnson commented
            Editing a comment
            I know you like my profile picture! Don't deny it!

Originally posted by Tiyara View Post
          Uhm I'm mainly from the League community and it was pretty common there for prominent players to get information on reworks and stuff before other people could.

Anyways, that playerbase is at least 1000000x ours. I don't think with a playerbase this small that stuff should be kept from us. We didn't know about no more free DNP until the day we stopped getting free DNP.
          League also has a PBE server and multiple channels of communication. When it's shared with prominent players it's also with the intention of being quickly released to the public (stonewall PBE jungle routes for example). There's a lot of secrets with DN and the people who receive that information, some being players. My point is there is actually trickling information, some being about future developments of the game too. Only a select few will officially know about, but anyone in their circle finds out about it too.

In a game with a fickle economy, that's pretty important... Then again, this is down the grapevine, so I could be wrong.
          Dragoon
          TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

• Tiyara
            Tiyara commented
            Editing a comment
            That's true but rumors in DN spread fast because of the small community. Its safe to say that if you're a bit involved in the community, you heard about the KR + NA merge rumor. It sucks but the result is always the same.

• aaron
            aaron commented
            Editing a comment
            There's a lot of in between the lines that I'm talking about. If it was as black and white as you say it was, I'd be a lot happier, but we are currently in the most corrupt state of Dragon Nest.

I want to make clear to everyone in ED: The community is willing to give feedback. The problem lies on the other end. Feedback is no good under deaf ears.

Comment

Problem with feedback is a large part of the community has no idea what the hell they're talking about and only complain based on their own personal needs.

This is why the GMs constantly ignore these threads.

Also there is a pretty slim chance that developers would even do something suggested by NA exclusively that doesn't exist in other versions.

People can say what they want, but sadly this is the reality of DN NA.
            Dragon Nest Savior

Comment

Originally posted by CraZyZeuS View Post
              Problem with feedback is a large part of the community has no idea what the hell they're talking about and only complain based on their own personal needs.

Also there is a pretty slim chance that developers would even do something suggested by NA exclusively that doesn't exist in other versions.

That's not entirely true they actually paid close attention to our feed back. If you want proof look at korean latest patch there a lot of contents in one whooping month, Rune 8 man normal that new players and shitty gears can clear of they got mechs down. Go back to our server DNP would have been remove after 3 months or so after server change but last this long due to players Jump up and down. So I say keep your feed back to Dev, they don't respond doesn't mean they don't listen.

Comment

Originally posted by OneMysteriousGuy View Post

That's not entirely true they actually paid close attention to our feed back. If you want proof look at korean latest patch there a lot of contents in one whooping month, Rune 8 man normal that new players and shitty gears can clear of they got mechs down. Go back to our server DNP would have been remove after 3 months or so after server change but last this long due to players Jump up and down. So I say keep your feed back to Dev, they don't respond doesn't mean they don't listen.
                Korean's latest patch filled with content is not considered proof. Proof is when there is evidence and you can actually prove that our feedback affected this change. What you claim is termed speculation as we cannot prove that it was our words or players in KDN that affected this change.

Also the fact that norrmal mode is that easy makes the game even more boring. People don't gear in game to do easy content. They want difficult content. Luckily HC was made that way or this game would have no purpose to gearing.
                Dragon Nest Savior

Comment

I agree that not all of the community's feedback are the best. However, the GM's should actively listen to them. This is a small playerbase, and even a smaller forum base. It shouldn't take much time to actively listen.

Comment

Korean's latest patch filled with content is not considered proof. Proof is when there is evidence and you can actually prove that our feedback affected this change. What you claim is termed speculation as we cannot prove that it was our words or players in KDN that affected this change.

Also the fact that norrmal mode is that easy makes the game even more boring. People don't gear in game to do easy content. They want difficult content. Luckily HC was made that way or this game would have no purpose to gearing.
                    The DNP issues is not enough proof that they actually care? Rune normal did what it was suppose to do, its a normal mode for new and under gear players. Not everyone is an elite and have exp with the previous raid like most. Sure look at how easy rune normal is yet there 99 percent pub party still fails on sea that cant even get pass S3 when the run take 10 - 20 minutes. You do realize that in a game new players make the most of the population in the game.

Yes for all of the exp players normal is a Joke that I agree but ask all the new and under gear players they will tell you that they're excited and happy about rune 8 man normal. Also its a bait if you want to clear hc you need optimal gears then welcome to the " GOLD BUYING or GRIND TILL UR ASS Bleed ". Buy gold in the game or Grind will both benefits DN.
                    Last edited by OneMysteriousGuy; 04-09-2017, 02:00 PM.

Comment

So GM magically appear and buff us on reset? It's thanks to our complaining that this happen you can check up on that thread. Majority of the feedback are legit and trying to give ED idea's on improving the game they can filter and take whats good and discard whats not going to work. We never have ask for something exclusive for NA we asking for a change for DN. LOL at your comment on how the community has no idea about the game when most players spend more time on DN then seeing their family.

GM should reply thread whether its a troll or legit thread. So your friend having a conversation with you and you ignore them cause its boring or irrelevant? GM should work for MC Donald for a week to learn better customer service skills.

Comment

I read the title of this thread and thought to myself, . . .

"What communication"

Comment

bump 10char

Comment

Working...
                          X