Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Concerned Veteran

Dear EYEDENTITY,

I am writing to express my frustrations with how Dragon Nest is being handled currently. I have been extremely patient with this game for many years despite it being poorly ran, but the past while has been quite intolerable. I believe that my view also voices the concerns of the entire community.

1) Economy Issues - I used to spend my spare time helping new players out but I have stopped recently. Once a player hits 93, there is almost no way for them to gear up quickly unless they farm apples on multiple accounts. New players cannot sell runs to obtain large amounts of gold in a short period of time and end up leaving the game. This is currently your largest issue. Your player base has such a large turnover and that indicates poor game management.

2) Bugs and Glitches - Every update has more issues than the last. Old issues have yet to be resolved. How long does it take to get the 4.0% intellect gems fixed? It's a well known issue and was even brought up in your GM staff meeting. This is just one example as there are many other existing issues that have yet to be corrected.

3) Gear Gap - With the constant release of overpowered EC accessories such as Wings/Tails/Decals/Costumes/Weapons, free-to-play players can no longer close the gap between themselves and paid players. While paid players should have benefits over free-to-play players, the difference should not be this alarming. The long term issue with this model is that free-to-play players will either not be able to do future difficult content such as seen with Rune Dragon Nest Hardcore, or content poses no difficulty for paid players.

4) Content - For the amount of money you expect players to spend on this game, the content is mediocre. Not only most of the monster models reused and redesigned, you recycle old nests with a few new mechanics and consider it new content. Players are literally spending thousands of dollars for one actual content each cap and that is the raid.

5) No EC-Trading - This one is self explanatory. The EYEDENTITY team decision and explanation for why we cannot have this in North America is complete nonsense. Don't make up excuses for the community and think we will believe the reason we can't have EC trading is because it will ruin our gold economy in game.

6) GM Knowledge - For people running the game, shouldn't you be aware of the bugs that exist? Why is it that the player-base have to constantly inform the team to have these issues corrected?

7) Communication - Poor communication with the player-base. Again, self explanatory.

8) Events - They're garbage. A majority of your previous events are based on the amount of "likes" once receives in a post. Do you really think this is a good idea? Players can make alternative accounts or have their friends vote and win the prize without deserving it. The submissions should be voted by the GMs, NOT the players. This should be common sense.

9) The Frame Drop - This game has more frame drops than games that require way better graphics. The optimisation is very poor.

10) Lack of Compensation - Constant bugs with ladder has led to the player-base losing out on a majority of items/points but no compensation was ever provided. How difficult is it to provide a small compensation? Your excuse is that a majority of players don't ladder and, therefore, would not be fair to receive a compensation. Then what about the players that did participate in ladder? I have lost thousands of points on multiple characters. Why not just go to your data base and see who laddered, and compensate them? If there wasn't a lot of players that participated, this should not be time-consuming at all.

11) Bots - While bots are good for the game due to our poor economy, it has raised many issues for the community due to your team's decision. Why are players getting punished because of bots? Players are constantly getting banned for no reason at all because your system for detecting bots is inaccurate. You have also decided to remove daily DNP because of bots receiving the DNP when they don't deserve it. Then I ask why you would host an event over the weekend where players can log in to obtain DNP? Bots also log in during these times to obtain DNP as well. You can see why the player base is constantly questioning your decision because it does not make any sense at all.

It is deeply upsetting when a large amount of veterans and also core guild members have decided to sell off their gear and quit the game permanently.If this continues, I will also be leaving the game since I will no longer have the responsibility of running a raid team or guild anymore. I am very aware that once I do leave this game, a majority of what is left of my guild will do so as well.

You have milked this player-base dry and many players cannot afford to continue playing your game anymore. You can choose to close this thread just like many of the other threads where players have voiced their concerns. To me, it shows that you are ignoring the problem which will lead to the eventual closure of Dragon Nest North America.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by CraZyZeuS; 04-15-2017, 04:01 PM.
    Dragon Nest Savior

Originally posted by CraZyZeuS View Post
    Dear EYEDENTITY,

I am writing to express my frustrations with how Dragon Nest is being handled currently. I have been extremely patient with this game for many years despite it being poorly ran, but the past while has been quite intolerable. I believe that my view also voices the concerns of the entire community.

1) Economy Issues - I used to spend my spare time helping new players out but I have stopped recently. Once a player hits 93, there is almost no way for them to gear up quickly unless they farm apples on multiple accounts. New players cannot sell runs to obtain large amounts of gold in a short period of time and end up leaving the game. This is currently your largest issue. Your player base has such a large turnover and that indicates poor game management.

2) Bugs and Glitches - Every update has more issues than the last. Old issues have yet to be resolved. How long does it take to get the 4.0% intellect gems fixed? It's a well known issue and was even brought up in your GM staff meeting. This is just one example as there are many other existing issues that have yet to be corrected.

3) Gear Gap - With the constant release of overpowered EC accessories such as Wings/Tails/Decals/Costumes/Weapons, free-to-play players can no longer close the gap between themselves and paid players. While paid players should have benefits over free-to-play players, the difference should not be this alarming. The long term issue with this model is that free-to-play players will either not be able to do future difficult content such as seen with Rune Dragon Nest Hardcore, or content poses no difficulty for paid players.

4) Content - For the amount of money you expect players to spend on this game, the content is mediocre. Not only most of the monster models reused and redesigned, you recycle old nests with a few new mechanics and consider it new content. Players are literally spending thousands of dollars for one actual content each cap and that is the raid.

5) No EC-Trading - This one is self explanatory. The EYEDENTITY team decision and explanation for why we cannot have this in North America is complete nonsense. Don't make up excuses for the community and think we will believe the reason we can't have EC trading is because it will ruin our gold economy in game.

6) GM Knowledge - For people running the game, shouldn't you be aware of the bugs that exist? Why is it that the player-base have to constantly inform the team to have these issues corrected?

7) Communication - Poor communication with the player-base. Again, self explanatory.

8) Events - They're garbage. A majority of your previous events are based on the amount of "likes" once receives in a post. Do you really think this is a good idea? Players can make alternative accounts or have their friends vote and win the prize without deserving it. The submissions should be voted by the GMs, NOT the players. This should be common sense.

9) The Frame Drop - This game has more frame drops than games that require way better graphics. The optimisation is very poor.

10) Lack of Compensation - Constant bugs with ladder has led to the player-base losing out on a majority of items/points but no compensation was ever provided. How difficult is it to provide a small compensation? Your excuse is that a majority of players don't ladder and, therefore, would not be fair to receive a compensation. Then what about the players that did participate in ladder? I have lost thousands of points on multiple characters. Why not just go to your data base and see who laddered, and compensate them? If there wasn't a lot of players that participated, this should not be time-consuming at all.

11) Bots - While bots are good for the game due to our poor economy, it has raised many issues for the community due to your team's decision. Why are players getting punished because of bots? Players are constantly getting banned for no reason at all because your system for detecting bots is inaccurate. You have also decided to remove daily DNP because of bots receiving the DNP when they don't deserve it. Then I ask why you would host an event over the weekend where players can log in to obtain DNP? Bots also log in during these times to obtain DNP as well. You can see why the player base is constantly questioning your decision because it does not make any sense at all.

It is deeply upsetting when a large amount of veterans and also core guild members have decided to sell off their gear and quit the game permanently.If this continues, I will also be leaving the game since I will no longer have the responsibility of running a raid team or guild anyone. I am very aware that once I do leave this game, a majority of what is left of my guild will do so as well.

You have milked this player-base dry and many players cannot afford to continue playing your game anymore. You can choose to close this thread just like many of the other threads where players have voiced their concerns. To me, it shows that you are ignoring the problem which will lead to the eventual closure of Dragon Nest North America.

Thanks for reading.
    I dare to say what zues is saying here it's the truth A lot of the top guild having trouble keeping theirs vet you know the vets are the core of the guild. Please tell your dev please do not release or making L grade costume if it can only be obtain in eggs I can assure you that be a nail in the coffins for DN. Please address the above. To add to that without the top guild in the game this game is done for. As this rate either you fix the above or merge us with sea please. Players call sea pay to win yet they don't have unique costume yet NA is behind in content and u release unique costume. The agenda is quiet clear.
    Last edited by OneMysteriousGuy; 04-15-2017, 05:27 PM.

Comment

have to agree with a lot of this

1) and 3) are really huge issues

almost every patch feels like its getting worse in those aspects

Comment

Agreed with this especially #3 almost feel ED is trying to wipe out the f2p players because judging by posts on here a lot are quitting lol. Of course like Zeus said paid players should have premiums but this is getting a bit much.

Comment

the economy is so weird right now like the best way to make gold is by buying gold, selling idn runs/fd crests/genesis to goldbuyers, or making a huge investment in farm alts which a new player will never do because of the boring startup

and from what i've seen the unique conversion costumes being in a specific egg has a rate so low that it actually pisses off long term spenders
          Last edited by Lemon; 04-15-2017, 02:08 PM.

Comment

It's sad to see that a game with a Playerbase so committed to wanting to make this game better and bigger (which is not her job) is so disrespected and ignored. It's sad that so many people coming here trying to help, and seeing that their efforts will be in vain. Those who take care of our server are just puppets and they can not do anything about it (even if they wanted to). Who can solve the problem will not do it because they do not care about our opinions, the money keeps coming in and that's what they want. Most of the people who complain about server problems are the same ones that every time they spend hundreds of dollars and as long as there are people financing the kind of content that is brought to us nothing will change.

Sorry for bad English.

Comment

Comment

the direction this game is heading in fucking blows
                ~1v1 PvP extraordinaire~
                Kris - 93 Moonlord

Grades - 93 Gladiator
                ~head honcho of the triumphantgoose~
                twitch
                contact@discord:notkris#3274

Comment

Agree with a lot of what this post says. #4 is especially apparent with this new revamped sea dragon nest. It hasn't even been a week into the nest's release and half of the people that I've talked to are already bored with it.

Comment

I agree with what Zeus has to say... it is so sad to see the game just fall apart like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco View Post
                      Agree with a lot of what this post says. #4 is especially apparent with this new revamped sea dragon nest. It hasn't even been a week into the nest's release and half of the people that I've talked to are already bored with it.
                      Is everyone you talked to in engineer weapons and racer gear with IDN L grades or FD stacking? Cause you know...

Anyways, I agree with most things in the OP's post.
                      Dragoon
                      TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post

Is everyone you talked to in engineer weapons and racer gear with IDN L grades or FD stacking? Cause you know...

Anyways, I agree with most things in the OP's post.
                        It's quiet easy once you get the mech down and the difficulties is on par with granom hc. Back at 90 caps DDN prove to be more challenging then this crap.

Comment

With all the current issues. I give this game 18months and it will be dead via miss management, unless these issues outlined above are fixed.
                          Good Luck Eyedentity!!!!
                          To be the best takes time
                          Time to be the best takes Skill.

Main -Dark Avenger all the way since it's inception.

Comment

i dont know what direction the game is going. it tries to balance pve and pvp but blatantly trashes pvp and puts effort in pve, but in a really unsatisfying way. balancing feels like its out the window at this point, for both sides of the game, and they try to make both relevant to the other, but its all disconnected.

making some top tier pve materials available thru pvp (light/fusion cubes and ladder) was an interesting choice, giving incentive for the bigger pve population to get into pvp, and no physical incentive for pvp players except giving them the chance to match up against a new group of players, but ladder just sh*t on people who favored played pvp. pve players, especially ones with lgrade gear, would have the upper hand in ladder fights. i could step into ladder on my mains right now, and get "gear-carried" because i have lgrades, or give the other player a hard time with my absurd poison pools, locking the other player down for ages (and not due to skill, i just need to be lucky and i could throw contagion and sit there while they cant move or escape.) this doesnt just make a rift btwn pve and pvp players, but divides pve players who play classes that arent favored by the skill "balancing". i can't complain about pvp balancing in depth, but in the end, no one really enjoys ladder, which is supposed to be where pve and pvp meet. /:

gearing nowadays also is really unsatisfying. theres a huge gear gap, obviously btwn paying/f2p players like Zeus pointed out(my own experience: 186k dmg > racer costume > 237k dmg) but also between established and new players. you can buy and sell some decent gear pieces and materials, but none of those gears compare to lgrades. there is essentially nothing in between the free gear that you get from the growth guide and lgrades, and the path to lgrades is discouraging enough even without p2w costumes or accessories to consider. as a player, you are either wearing baby gear you got from the growth guide, "upgraded" to idnu gear which gives some small stat gain, or youre wearing the ultimate endgame gear of lgrades(or maybe wearing the fd set which is fairly rare in itself). theano is epic rarity, but doesnt have the worth of an epic item. its pretty much the effectiveness of a magic or rare rarity item in the past. the other variants of theano (desirous/obsession) are tiny improvements of theano gear, but cannot be sold and arent even used as gear. you broke them down for aura up until now, where you can upgrade them for another little boost. either way, many people would get bored of being "stuck" at a certain point using 93 gear and saving up for lgrades.

this is all at the endgame too. new players lvling up either speed to the end of the game and not know what to do to get deeper into the game or give up. the point of lvling in a game is to learn how the game works and plays. theres almost nothing a lower lvl player can do that is of worth to them and a max lvl character. no materials to sell from grinding dungeons while lvling up, no low lvl dungeons worth doing with a low lvl player, no real party experience(even for just lvling, most people dont find any party members). you played a game for 93 lvls. whats the game about? i dont know. i dont know how gearing works, how parties work, etc. a lot of the game's info is in the community thats hard to find if youre not a veteran, and a lot of time theres not much discussion because weve come to accept that our game population is gonna remain this tiny, and so new players are lost while we are like, "this is common knowledge".

i mean, theyre trying to fix this by revamping the mentor system and adding some quality of life changes, but its just feeling like too little, waaaaaaaaaaayyyyy to hecking late.

anyways, just a lil bit of frustration from me <-< it was getting too long...

Comment

• TheSomnangMao
                              TheSomnangMao commented
                              Editing a comment
                              the last paragraph you said is what hurts me the most from the changes made from 90cap onwards.

a direct killing blow to even experiencing Dragon Nest's 'mmo' features.

These are all gone:
                              * Commission for additional Exp and 'collectables' pouch which can be sold for 1g + each
                              * 'Collectables' being apart of the loot system from monster kills and chests
                              * the income rate for copper/silver/gold has decreased by itself a TREMENDOUS amount. there used to be regularly chest that give out 3g + in them as we as batches of 20-50silver
                              * item sell rates to NPC have dropped. example being a Dragon Gem used to sell to NPC at 50 silver + ... it is now 50 copper or LOWER. this goes for Dimensional fragments as well losing up to triple it's worth to NPC sell.
                              * ^going on from that. the worth in the skill crest system has been diminished. Bunny chest gives you RNG skill crests, but the fragments are nothing now. this hasn't actually changed the speed at which you receive a Crest of your will choice. it's just made it back to front. a fruitless change that in turn. lost us a shop with a fine system when used correctly and had value to being something that's 'not worth our time'
                              * Goddess shops and Daredevil etc have been purposely made to suit a certain 'audience' as it should. problem is that the rarity and value of the content in each shop is 'not up-to-date' and has less value as well as pickings to choose from.
                              * With older nest disappearing, leveling/exp growth changing and Abyss being removed that alone killed the lower economy we could sell to. not only the incentive to gain drops from these nests to sell over to newer players, but also the incentive to power level/help level these guys through abyss dungeon providing us more chances for drops due to the increase in drop rate from having more people in the group.

but yeah. fuk me. i could prolly just keep going on and on.
                              why
                              is
                              that
                              though?

and why am i not the only one?

Why does Eyedentity hate North America?

Our servers have been lag-ridden ever since the merge under Nexon (with how much money you guys are getting from the cash gear you pump out every month, why can't you afford to upgrade the game)
                            No tradable EC
                            Tons of bugs and shoddy text
                            Conversion eggs were in a separate egg (no other region has done this, why us?) and this isn't the first time NA has been treated unfairly
                            Shoddy support, not even from an NA team, but from Cherry Credits (why can't you hire)
                            Poor pool of content

Why can I log into another region and have better FPS and ping doing the exact same thing?

I'm usually quiet about this stuff but this is actually unacceptable service.

Whatever happened to this? Nobody's communicating with us except for a skeleton crew that holds absolutely no power in making decisions regarding how this game is run or handled.
                            I don't care if they need to use Google Translate to talk with us, we just want communication with someone that actually influences how the game runs, not the confusing things we've seen you forum mods/game masters say over the months.

If you're really listening, you'll fix these issues before people start talking with their wallets. It'd be a shame to see you guys have to close the game because you guys have nothing but disrespect for us players.
                            Guild Master of FluffyTail
                            Donkay#9247

Donkay - 93 Inquisitor | Donkali - 93 Soul Eater

Donkali's Guide | Twitch

Comment

Working...
                            X