Questions from a returning players after 5 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions from a returning players after 5 years

Soooo i played Dragon Nest beginning at Closed beta and loved the game. At the time the action combat was unrivaled to anything at the time, except maybe TERA (which alas i couldn't run back then.) The level cap was 24 and i remember making one of each of the 5 main classes! After Open beta released there was a lot of controversy with the way Nexon did its open beta events. On top of that there were many many MANY players having problems logging in etc etc. and Nexon didn't lift a single finger to help or give news about what was going on. Of course this was back in 2011 and i hadn't heard too much about Nexon being a selfish money hungry game killing machine like it's talked about today. I stopped played about a week after open beta because the way we were treated like pigs. Quite frankly it killed me because i enjoyed the game so immensely.

I would like to know what I've missed since the release of this game. As a "Beater/Beta Tester" what has happened in the game for better or worse since the launch of the game.
    I'm creating this forum in hopes of people in similar boats as me can jump in and see how the game has evolved over the years (for better or worse)

Simply Nexon stopped giving a **** about us. They literlly stop caring for 4 straight months this year and did't do any events or nothing. Really, you missed nothing but fun pvp battles and you avoided the endless bordem we all faced due to lack of events, in game items, player base. I feel like you will have so much to learn as well as the people who are still playing. Really, you missed out on 50cap, which introduced 3rd classes which was so fun and broken. 60 cap when we had ex skills! 70 cap was boring... but 80 cap was cool. 90 cap was decent as well, but nexon didn't fix any glitches or balance out pvp... No more op Glads in 93 cap! Really, 93 cap might be the funnest yet, since new skills and the classes truly shine. So welcome back old vet! Make sure you have the drive to level! I assume you didn't save your old information, which is not really important for you since you haven't played in 5 years! Welcome home and i hope to see you in pvp soon!

Comment

I did re-install over the weekend to transfer data but im sure it shouldn't matter to much since the level cap is 69 levels higher!
      I assume lower levels are much easier and faster now that the cap is so high! Is that true? Where does it start to slow down and feel grindy?

Also i guess it was good I transferred for all my CB event items lol.

Comment

For most, level grinding is quite easy. I found myself 1-60 in a day, and that was just me being lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by AlicaFoxyB View Post
          Simply Nexon stopped giving a **** about us. They literlly stop caring for 4 straight months this year and did't do any events or nothing. Really, you missed nothing but fun pvp battles and you avoided the endless bordem we all faced due to lack of events, in game items, player base. I feel like you will have so much to learn as well as the people who are still playing. Really, you missed out on 50cap, which introduced 3rd classes which was so fun and broken. 60 cap when we had ex skills! 70 cap was boring... but 80 cap was cool. 90 cap was decent as well, but nexon didn't fix any glitches or balance out pvp... No more op Glads in 93 cap! Really, 93 cap might be the funnest yet, since new skills and the classes truly shine. So welcome back old vet! Make sure you have the drive to level! I assume you didn't save your old information, which is not really important for you since you haven't played in 5 years! Welcome home and i hope to see you in pvp soon!
          youre talking to him abouy op glads while he probably dont even know what are 2nd spec xD
          Nekavrad - Lvl 90 Inquisitor(soon 93) - Member of BOOOMPANES

Comment

• AlicaFoxyB
            AlicaFoxyB commented
            Editing a comment
            huehue totally forgot about that part.

Originally posted by Seskural View Post
          Soooo i played Dragon Nest beginning at Closed beta and loved the game. At the time the action combat was unrivaled to anything at the time, except maybe TERA (which alas i couldn't run back then.) The level cap was 24 and i remember making one of each of the 5 main classes! After Open beta released there was a lot of controversy with the way Nexon did its open beta events. On top of that there were many many MANY players having problems logging in etc etc. and Nexon didn't lift a single finger to help or give news about what was going on. Of course this was back in 2011 and i hadn't heard too much about Nexon being a selfish money hungry game killing machine like it's talked about today. I stopped played about a week after open beta because the way we were treated like pigs. Quite frankly it killed me because i enjoyed the game so immensely.

I would like to know what I've missed since the release of this game. As a "Beater/Beta Tester" what has happened in the game for better or worse since the launch of the game.
          I'm creating this forum in hopes of people in similar boats as me can jump in and see how the game has evolved over the years (for better or worse)
          all u gotta know,nothing is like it was be4 xD

Comment

The level grinding has gotten a lot smoother. You could probably reach the cap playing somewhat casually in a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Tortellini View Post
              The level grinding has gotten a lot smoother. You could probably reach the cap playing somewhat casually in a few days.
              wow really? Around how many hours a day though? I guess just doing main and side quests will be good enough to lvl fast?

Comment

More like you out level the quests which kinda mess up the flow but eh whatever

also Nexon stopped caring cause their contract with Ed was about to end, like people who put in their 2 weeks notice
                Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                Who guards the guardians?

Comment

This here should tell you how bad Nexon was handling the game.

| Youtube | Twitch | Savage Guild Officer | Apply to Savage Guild |

Comment

Originally posted by Xero View Post

That's Quite the Meme.

Comment

Originally posted by Xero View Post

almost looked like a mushpit causing an earthquake lol

Comment

Working...
                      X