@GM's for the developers - a big tip for valkyrie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @GM's for the developers - a big tip for valkyrie

Hello, I know there are issues with other class but at this point I think there are lots of things that need to be discuss about valkyrie. Here is a quick history lesson! I played valkyrie since day 1 of it and I played very consistently and learned everything I could about all the features and combos and optimals of valk. In 80 cap it was in a "decent" spot as a buff slave but it had tons of issues and still does but much worse and its never been in a good spot really. Valk is really the only class that has not been given any decent treatment now that defensio has been made well and taoist is getting awakenings. Not many peoples left play valkyrie because it doesn't pay off and it's very very hard to get in to parties unless you really geared.

So here are the big issues that we need to discuss ❗

Valkyrie has been bugged since release ❗

How can this be possible? Valkyrie has been out for over 2.5 years in kdn and over 2 years here ❗ I really don't understand why this is so hard to fix. We had a major revamp in 90 cap(but we didnt get it til 93 cos nexon betray ) but they couldn't take time to fix the afterimage -> dance of light bug? The recent update gave a new skill called enhanced circle of spears, but it's just another buggy afterimage. Afterimages make up a lot of valkyrie's damage outside of piercing spikes rotation, actually it's pretty much all the damage outside of spikes. It's also very easy to miss spikes when people suddenly push to bar mechs or super unfortunate boss rng's. poof, all damage gone(40-50% when afterimages dont bug). Nothing left but buggy afterimages. How can new players ever enjoy a class like that? I don't know how I lasted this long besides my love for the class.

Valkyrie has always been overshadowed by Dragoon and many other classes ❗

People will probably call me biased about this but I played dragoon also but since 90 cap. After the last "buff" us lenceas had, I'm really discouraged to play much anymore. I will never understand why valkyrie these days does so much less damage than dragoon when there are huge setups in the rotation and then dragoon has quick reliable damage, low cooldowns and overall much lower risk losing damage or taking damage when you compare cycles. It's not just a small difference either, it's by about 40-50% usually and even more with skill players and mobile bosses. It's always kind of been like this and it's really frustrating to see pretty classes go to waste because developers don't understand how these class adapt and function. Valkyrie has to conform so hard from nest to nest because of all the constant setting up. I guess you can say that valkyrie has range and so it deserves less damage, but look at how strong other ranged classes are. These days everyone is crazy about their own dps #'s and so if you are really trying to get the most out of valk dps, playing just as close as dragoon is your only option or you will miss out on a lot of damage. A lot of valkyrie mains rerolled to dragoon or other classes because all the effort and risk just doesn't give anything back.

I don't know if DN will make it to 2018 or if our server will ever get lencea awakening but I wana believe even if things are poopy right now. I just wanted to make an effort to let whoever I can that can possibly make a difference make things right. This class has been dragged in the mud for way way way too long and maining it is just becoming miserable now. The bugs need to be fixed asap and valkyrie needs a high dps to reflect its high setup and risky slow skills.

P.S. for the valkyrie's that still play there is info on valkyrie getting some skill trigger with criss-cross cut for vengeance from above. Maybe this means 12 detonations? No one knows for sure but I know if devs screw things up one more time they will lose even another very devoted player. Thanks for reading my thoughts and complaints if you made it all the way through. I know this prolly isn't a big deal to people but it is for me and I wana make an effort to improve quality of life. I hope this helps other people who also still love this class even though its been in a rough spot for a long time~ ❗

I'm one of the few players that changed from Valkyrie to Dragoon, but I completely agree with this post. Valkyries have always been in Dragoon's shadow, always dealing less DPS and having more dangerous time playing it. My Valkyrie, even when I properly geared it, found very little parties and was never wanted in raids. Switch to Dragoon? Was invited to a couple different parties already.

If Valkyrie classes see a balancing change, please keep note of Valkyrie's current status and calibrated it as such. Valkyries really do deserve some post buff Dark Avenger love.
    Dragoon
    TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

Another tip for lencea, nerf the shit out of it in pvp kthx broken class.

CROCKED by captcha...

Comment

I agree! BUMP this! "Make Valk great again!" Or for the first time?

Comment

they wont care. They only care about money. THis issue was present since what? launch of dragoon. How long has it been? long enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post
            Another tip for lencea, nerf the shit out of it in pvp kthx broken class.

CROCKED by captcha...
            when people complain about lencea being so op but barely anyone plays it but i agree they are too op in pvp

Comment

• Dom
              Dom commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't like being hit for 500k by some garbo gear lencea man....... ((((((ladder)))))))
          Working...
          X