Tech Specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech Specs

Hey y'all! Quick question for those who are more tech savvy than I: I'll be going of to college in a couple of months and I need to purchase a laptop for school. I wanted to get a mac for several reasons, but that's besides the point. I know that they aren't really gaming laptops, but I was wondering if something like a mac book pro can run dragon nest without exploding. I could settle with it running on the lowest graphics, but having 60 fps is pretty important to me. Anyway, if a Mac won't do the job, would y'all mind suggesting a laptop around the same price range ($1,600 give or take a couple hundred)?

Well I Run on a $700 HP laptop (def not a gaming laptop) with all settings one high with no lag problems. Macs are much more exp you would think they should be able to do high no problem but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Pounding
      tell me what are the reasons for getting a mac?

I really want to know
      only reason to ever get a mac over a pc is mobility, build quality, and battery life.

macs are far more enjoyable to do homework on the go and far out last my other laptop in battery life. it's easier to do coding shit on too since it's naturally a unix os.

if i'm gaming, or doing anything remotely intensive, my laptop is far superior.

oOMattOo
      your macbook will run DN fine. just set aside a portion of your harddrive and install windows on it.
      Dragoon
      TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

I use a macbook pro with bootcamp and have been doing that for years. You'll be fine.

Comment

Dude for $1600 my friend got a VR ready laptop with like a GTX 980 in it.

Why would you get a mac literally ever unless you're an art major or something. (No sarcasm there Mac programs are stupid good when it comes to artistic creation)

Comment

$1600 for a college laptop to begin with? Why add to the debt?

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post

only reason to ever get a mac over a pc is mobility, build quality, and battery life.

macs are far more enjoyable to do homework on the go and far out last my other laptop in battery life. it's easier to do coding shit on too since it's naturally a unix os.

if i'm gaming, or doing anything remotely intensive, my laptop is far superior.

oOMattOo
              your macbook will run DN fine. just set aside a portion of your harddrive and install windows on it.
              Yeah, he pretty much said all the reasons for getting a mac.

Also, there's a possibility I'll major or at least minor in art, so that's another reason.

Originally posted by [GM] DENTITY View Post
              I use a macbook pro with bootcamp and have been doing that for years. You'll be fine.
              Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into bootcamp

Comment

Originally posted by Shihomi View Post
                $1600 for a college laptop to begin with? Why add to the debt?
                Not everyone is poor.

Comment

Yeah I remember when I was looking at taking civil engineering you needed that expensive of a laptop because of the CAD you couldn't just go In with a $400 laptop. They said to budget for $1600 or so too for the course laptop.

Comment

Working...
                  X