Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks ED for getting rid of apple farming abuse

THANK YOU ED best fix ever please give us 95 cap now

[Golden Apple] and [Apple of Life] will be changed. Seeds and harvested items acquired prior to this patch will be changed to [Old] items and will no longer be obtainable. Seed prices will be adjusted.

New Golden Apples and Apples of Life seeds can be purchased at the farm shop using dungeon and nest points. They cannot be server storaged. The selling price of these crops have been increased

Originally posted by Omnicide View Post
    I find the idea that an entire server has to make tons of accounts and alt farm something to make gold ludicrous, don't you feel bad that NA is pretty much the only server that has come to this? The Devs will eventually add more ways to get gold.....

But the alt abuse had to go its insane... 450 alts? 600 alts? 1000+ alts? What the hell........ I don't care how much you say it "benefits" the server if the only way to get gold is to farm apples and not actually do content, something is wrong go play Farmville for the same experience.... The top say 20% of the players being able to get gold, while the other 80% do content and make much less gold? Is that fair? This shouldn't be like the 1900's where you had a small margin of people extremely wealthy, and then the rest in poverty.

This is an action Mmo, and no matter how much people start to hate me, I will voice my opinion on how i feel about something, and I strongly hate apple farming... So you guys can hate post about me all you want it won't matter, there are people who share my viewpoints... Eventually maybe others will too, think of it like the Vietnam war for those of you who know your history....

Finally I understand why you guys are upset, and i don't blame you for it, you are losing your precious investments, I would be upset too if I wasn't against the entire idea from the very beginning.... so I am not angry at people like Beef for trash talking me, i really don't care in all honestly if it helps you to vent so be it Last post here now, try to leave the slander to a minimum .

Ty to ael
    Originally posted by Aelphaeis View Post
    there is some debate regarding what type of point it uses, but an apple of life costs 5000 dungeon or nests points and a golden apple costs 1000 dungeon or nests points. I'd consider that a fairly outrageous amount.
    Just wanted to remove any confusion since lots of people seem to not know what the changes are.
    This is the source : http://patchnote.dragonnest.com/category?patchnoteno=3
    Its on the 5th category in the patch notes.

Digging deeper. The seeds we currently have will be invalidated and no longer usuable
    The apples (is actually under debate, but the general conscious is but what) we currently have are going to remain the same price.

The apple change is one of many, many, many changes. Consider the other changes when commenting on the apples.
    Last edited by Omnicide; 05-17-2017, 09:02 PM.

apple farming "abuse" lol

how about Eyedentity stop abusing their game with broken P2W costumes that make ppl do too much damage and break pve balance

dn has almost 0 challenge now

Comment

Oh cool, another way to make gold down the drain, fucking faggot devs, this is only because they can't control and fix the ones farm botting, so they punish everyone instead, same with the DNP.

I quit, laters!

Comment

Just curious, will this change make old apple seeds unusable? It only says that old ones aren't obtainable anymore. (If they're still usable, then I'll just buy a bunch before this change occurs lol)
        ---
        I honestly don't see how this change removes "apple farming abuse" (which lets players gain large amounts of gold without actively spending hours grinding).
        Sure, it'll take longer for people to get apple seeds (needs to get dungeon points from lvl up box, mail seeds to farmer characters, cap them to do dailies, etc), but:
        -Most apple farmers are players who have played for a while and already have a bunch of capped characters who can do dailies.
        -Leveling up is ridiculously easy and it'll contribute to mentor system (sell those mentor slots for gold while making a character that will make more gold, it's perfect).
        -Making the seeds not server storageable isn't a problem for ppl who made apple farming guilds. Just put the seeds in guild storage.
        -The new apples will sell for more gold. Nice. More gold from apple farming.
        (I don't know exactly how the new apple system works, but it doesn't sound like it will make apple farming for gold disappear. It just will take a bit longer than usual.)

Comment

• RubyArt
          RubyArt commented
          Editing a comment
          Seeds arent server storageable even. Meaning you can't mail them to alts, or put them in guild storage othen than each char's private inventory. Basically you can only farm on capped chars. And they are fairly expensive. (5000 nest points for apple of life seed?)

• postboundarts
          postboundarts commented
          Editing a comment
          (I just found that the info i based my post on was incorrect :0 whoops)
          Thanks for clearing that up for me, I was about to try it out. Apple farming really is difficult with the new changes.

You do realize that Apple of Life items will sell for 100g a piece without Golden Goose? Yea, apple farming isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Comment

• Breamiin
          Breamiin commented
          Editing a comment
          You fail to realize that you can get dungeon points like crazy and you can level 93 alts and save their laments from level up boxes. As I said before, the abuse of the system is not going to go anywhere. People adapt and now its even more value to farm them.

• Dom
          Dom commented
          Editing a comment
          Breamiin What happens when you run out of laments? :OOOOOOOO Wait... Could it be...? They actually want to make players play the game to make gold?!?!

But for real, do you really think those people with 100s of apple characters are gonna want to level them to 93? I'm pretty sure the point of apple farming is for the people that don't want to grind can just do that boring shit instead of play. I HIGHLY doubt there will be people farming with as many chars as they do currently. If someone actually levels 500 lv93 chars and does dailies on them regularly to make gold, while they're putting in commendable effort, they're actually better off getting a job and buying gold. This change will kill the massive apple farmers (100 chars<) and that's good. Apple farming was gay in the first place.

• RubyArt
          RubyArt commented
          Editing a comment
          You actually have to grind nests on capped chars now to make enough nest points to buy apple seeds. I'm guessing 100 gold (without golden goose) is probably incentive enough to do enough content on enough alts. But players making 40-50k g a week now ? Im guessing that wont be happening anymore.

Apple farming is dead praise the Lord
        Guild Master of FluffyTail
        Donkay#9247

Donkay - 93 Inquisitor | Donkali - 93 Soul Eater

Donkali's Guide | Twitch

Comment

Honestly, to a certain degree i fail to see how this removes abuse of the system since we get dungeon points from the level up box. So unless it costs an outrageous amount of points or costs both nest points and dungeon points, its not going to stop people from making new accounts and farming until they run out of points and repeat the process

Discord: Vulpix/Irene#6529 | Proud Officer of Sevrilla

Comment

Vulpix there is some debate regarding what type of point it uses, but an apple of life costs 5000 dungeon or nests points and a golden apple costs 1000 dungeon or nests points. I'd consider that a fairly outrageous amount.
            Discord : * Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ *#4267
            Main Character : Aelphaeis

Comment

for those that are happy about apple farming dying you all must not know how much this will devastate the economy. your guild will get no guild buffs and almost nobody will make any good gold so you are all basically happy that the game will really actually die this time cause most players will quit for sure. this is like the icing on the cake for people to quit. this is what happens when game devs listen to a self-destructive community. DN NA has the most self-destructive community cause people whine and complain about essential things to get removed just cause they dont like anyone els doing it. jealousy is huge in the DN NA community. people hate on others all of the time like some whining little pussies. oh and the more people that quit the less money the cash shop will make and then you can say goodbye to this game when it doesnt make enough money.
              Last edited by jay00agent; 05-17-2017, 12:46 PM.
              ign Hellarina

Comment

• RubyArt
                RubyArt commented
                Editing a comment
                This, basically. Think of all the guild donations and the guild buffs and priveleges. Where does everyone think the gold came from? Basically a lot of farmers donating a lot of gold. With gold being hard to make, aint happening no more. I wonder how much the OP donated to his guild.

i swear they did that update only cuz they hate na
              who wants to bet? ;^)
              AYY LMAO BAN HAMMER.png

Comment

Vulpix there is some debate regarding what type of point it uses, but an apple of life costs 5000 dungeon or nests points and a golden apple costs 1000 dungeon or nests points. I'd consider that a fairly outrageous amount.
                No disagreement there then.

I personally don't apple farm, but this will make making juice a pain as well, for those occasional mishaps :/
                Last edited by Vulpix; 05-18-2017, 06:58 AM.

Discord: Vulpix/Irene#6529 | Proud Officer of Sevrilla

Comment

AnOtHeR nAiL iN tHe CoFfIn FoR DrAgOn NeSt
                  2017 omega Cringe edition!!!

Comment

apple farm abuse? you fucking moron, this is a way for strictly organized people to make maximum amount of profit from doing the least amount of content. No one can craft 5 fucking fd plates like your undeserving ass and become insta rich. Fucking garbage LK, gtfo these forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Memes View Post
                      apple farm abuse? you fucking moron, this is a way for strictly organized people to make maximum amount of profit from doing the least amount of content. No one can craft 5 fucking fd plates like your undeserving ass and become insta rich. Fucking garbage LK, gtfo these forums.
                      Apple farming is for homosexuals like you. Anyone who isn't homosexual (very rare in this dead game) doesn't apple farm.

Comment

• Memes
                        Memes commented
                        Editing a comment
                        "Apple farming is for homosexuals like you." Is a persons sexual preference an insult now? Damn, I wonder how your parents felt when a dick loving swine like you popped out.

• GODFinal
                        GODFinal commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm sure they are much happier with what I've become than yours are with you.

Where does it say this? In the patch notes for this month? Link pls

Comment

Working...
                      X