I feel like this whole celebration event thing is a scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like this whole celebration event thing is a scam

Click image for larger version  Name:	11.png Views:	1 Size:	819.8 KB ID:	75315

Opened 2000+ eggs so far since the update and still missing a pair of wings to complete the set.

I know nobody forced me to do this and it was a totally optional event,

but common sense says that if you spend $2000+ worth of money, you should expect to get what you want.

I did not want to end up being like one of those P2W players l3itching about not getting stronger,

but now I'm left with nothing but hatred towards this company.

I'm starting to question myself if the transfer from Nexon to Eyedentity was ever a good thing for DNNA, seeing how much P2W this game has become.

Anyways, Eyedentitiy probably doesn't even care about this, but I just wanted to share my horrible experience with this event.

If there is anyone out there that's almost as furious as I am, please feel free to share.

Click image for larger version

Name:	123.png
Views:	39
Size:	868.6 KB
ID:	75629

UPDATE: Finally got my effing wings after opening another 1000 eggs

Total Eggs Opened: 3000

Total USD Spent: $1500

What I Gained In Game: 8 Necklaces, 4 Tails, 12 Decals, 1 Wings, totaling about ~5% increase in DPS which makes no sh!t of difference

What I Gained In Real Life: Depression

Lesson Learned: I'm never spending a penny on this game

Guys, please let this be your lesson and never buy dragon troll eggs unless you are retarded like me.

This is the saddest moment of my life.
    Last edited by Vislet; 06-30-2017, 08:49 PM. Reason: FU ED
    Discord: Vislet#2464

I didn't go quite as far (opened 800+ eggs mostly free from VIP) but was also not able to complete the set. Ended up with many many wings but no tail. They really should implement what they did with the Rajuul set (if you spend a certain amount, you are guaranteed a set piece of your choice, etc.) for each of these set pieces, because otherwise, as you rightfully pointed out, it could lead to a lot of frustration for players.

Anyway, tldr I completely agree and really hope you didn't actually spend 2k USD on eggs (but opened free ones from VIP).

Comment

• Vislet
      Vislet commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for kind words and sharing your experience. It was a combination of both VIP and actual USD but still cost me a fortune. I could've bought PS4 PRO + many many many good PS games that are actually worth the money, but instead I was left with nothing but useless stupid paralyze potions.

@GM Dentity

It would be a friendly gesture if you could ask for an implementation of some threshold (say 400+) if EC spending gets you a Jasmine pieces, just like how you did it with Conversion. I think that way it would benefit some of the players with the same frustrations as the OP.

Comment

It's 10 times better to implement p2w events that actually guarantees a piece after a certain amount. Not this rng on top of rng stuff that makes no one happy. The Rajuul event and even the $400 conversion eggs for a free one is much better than this one, I have no idea why the conversion event only lasted for a total of 15 days either. It should've stayed until conversion eggs were removed. I personally bought 400 conversion eggs after the event date by a few days because I didn't know there were actually a end date for it. Talked to Dentity and said they can't do anything about it, seems like they simply don't care to me.
      Give us less rng events and more guaranteed events if you're gonna make it p2w anyway, also treat the little remaining players you have better or even the whales will get pissed off and leave your game.
      Last edited by Exassassin; 06-27-2017, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• Exassassin
        Exassassin commented
        Editing a comment
        I appreciate the response and effort, but until I actually receive my free conversion thread or a new event that guarantees one I'm going to feel screwed. People paid to get conversion or Jasmine, it won't matter if a future event is better if it's for some irrelevant item that isn't conversion/Jasmine plus conversion is being taken out next patch till who knows when. Something needs to be done now to compensate past mishaps to restore faith, else it's already too late when these things are removed in a couple weeks and we have no EC trading.

• TheSomnangMao
        TheSomnangMao commented
        Editing a comment
        cheers Dentity. all on-points with my thoughts too, can't disagree with yah. tbh im just venting a ton (you mad bro? :yesactually: )
        along with players mentality dropping really low to the point of thinking that their past efforts were all for nothing (since that what the 90-93 cap item reworks have done essentially) and with the catering to spending events.

to me it's pretty half and half on paper but boy does it really hit home hard :'C

keep fighting for us out there.

• Exassassin
        Exassassin commented
        Editing a comment
        Opened about 300 eggs tonight, about half is from vip and all I got was 1 wing, and 1 dark coupon. Everything else is useless, the rate of getting the things needed to complete this event is garbage and that's not okay. I'm still not getting my conversion from last event, and definitely not this one either. Won't be spending another dollar on ED, they want our money but at the same time tries so hard to not give what the players want making them feel miserable and frustration only. I have no problem spending money to support the game but not when were basically getting scammed.
        Last edited by Exassassin; 06-29-2017, 02:09 AM.

they need to implement this

https://youtu.be/OTPlzCsLklQ?t=326
      it is not like money can't buy happiness, it is that money can't cure saltiness

Comment

even though a redemption would sound fantastic and please most of us player (im at like 500 eggs and 1 decal, 2 tails) the the KEY SOURCE of the issue we are facing is being bound to trade restrictions!

something that most other games do not really have as part of their general item status!

this special treatment we are getting in the NA server is horrible and it is experiences like these event combined with how we CANNOT freely trade our items is what creates this stress which eventually leads us to spite Eyedentity for trapping us essentially in their little facade.

these problematic issues could be resolved if our server wasn't bound to trade locking on Cash shop items in the market place.

think about it?

if you have any pride as a 1st world country.

Why is it China, Indonesia, Europe, Japan, Korea, Russia and South East Asian servers are not bound to the same laws for cash shop trading as us?

they turn a blind eye constantly to the main focus of why we mostly all quit this game eventually leading to a exodus of players.

although not the main reason why people leave this game it's little things like this, that us the players care deeply for , that stacks up

lots of overlooked features of the game itself we want to be part of are restricted based on what could just a few changes in the code.

think about it?

Epic costumes are in name. a cash shop item. although created through combining two pieces through the Costume synthesis tablets indirectly it is a cash shop only item.

Now Epic weapon coupon.
        this item is INDEED a 100% cash shop item. you even buy it directly from the Dragon vault itself.

THESE ITEMS ARE TRADABLE
        the same rules can be changed and applied to our cash shop gear which MOST OF IT IS WORST that's the reality of it.

wanna know something even more stupid?
        there's a COUPON section in our market place made for coupons.

Epic weapon coupon right? ok i can sell coupon to another player for gold so i can at least have some value for the money i spent on getting it if i do not need the weapon for myself.

where is the consistently of the laws binding here!?
        on one hand we get special stats on our Raid bosses and even our patch releases have different content in them. ??? you shouldnt have translated number right? ofc im no techie just saying that our of frustration! bc i clearly do not understand why it is like that.

on then another hand. we are tied up by our hands and legs with cash shop trading!

if these locks were lifted i am CERTAIN there would be MUCH more incentive to openly trade in the game and even purchase more forms of Cash shop items

-
        on another note it's time to update the cash shop quality rather than update the god damn future content.
        like if we all lived on a island with pollution in the air and all of the citizens complained about it that it is affecting how we live and act.

i expect some action to be taken from the government since we are the ones paying their Taxes. without us. they DON'T exist.
        and in turn, they are suppose to help us in our dire needs since we provide them with a naturally flowing eco-system to which they also abuse to gain profits and expand their influence.

now if the only thing they did was hand us out gas masks and say 'wear this' while there's a nuclear power plant threatening to hurt the growth of our children?

what in the fuck. i don't want to live there at all!
        that's why in the real world we have refugees

and that's why in games.
        we have people quit and migrate to other titles.

ofc people could live with the problem and still be alive, but it's not as though it doesn't come with a cost attached to it.

your pride, humility and your money in this case.

even if we all here play games and what not to have fun there comes a time where 'enough is enough'

this event combined with how the coding is for the RNG system in dragon nest in conjunction with the cost and also the reusable value of the content we are PAYING for.

it's not right. not by my own standards.

other can say what they will, but i'll gladly swim across the ocean if they was a place better than this hell hole that let me having the same fun i still do have

but in a more toxic environment now.
        wonder why that is... hahaha.

wipe me daddy
        #RuDN stage 2
        #DNisalive
        Discord: TheSomnangMao#5374

Comment

• LikeItIs
          LikeItIs commented
          Editing a comment
          YES! This is why I say the admins of the game in NA make their own decisions. Sure, they say this is how ED wants it, but thats just their way of making themselves not culpable to NA players. Im guessing its some immature wannabe hotshot wants to show the mother company how they are gonna make this the most successful server in terms of profit. (I do not think ED will overlook recommendations of their management on site) They can change stuff, they just dont want to they would rather milk NA endlessly with these scam spending events. And frankly, I wouldnt be surprised if the gms werent pushing this for their own personal gain. We just need to analyse the stuff from the POV of whoever is running thsi game.

these lazy, cash shop payment-based events have been going on for months now, and there has been a complete lack of any meaning content-based event to compensate. yet, people continue to participate in the p2w-fest. players can vent about the game's problems all they want, but as long as they keep shelling out money, the message that's being received by the company is that they should keep doing whatever they're doing now.

Comment

• Exassassin
          Exassassin commented
          Editing a comment
          Sadly the more likely scenario is that if people stopped spending as much $ they would simply close the game rather than make changes better for the players.

• Taco
          Taco commented
          Editing a comment
          would that really be worse than continuously spending hundreds to keep up with the newest cash gear every few months?

• ceruulean
          ceruulean commented
          Editing a comment
          I would play a private server or maybe dn eu if that happened

Otherwise I go play some other mmo

yah if ec acc was tradable the game would be more alive

but guess not

i mean in other servers they made it so necklaces are untradable, so you'd have to open eggs to get a necklace b4 completing a set

well id exchange serverstoragable privilege for mp tradable. would be nice
        Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
        Who guards the guardians?

Comment

Can they please lower the price of magnifying glasse???. Those are 990 ec each. That's ridiculous when you got 4 chests to open in each dungeon. So I have to pay almost $4 each time I want a chance at an item in a nest? Or do I have to do dailies over and over and over and over....

Comment

the only time i went for a cash shop set was when it it took me around 900-1.1k eggs to get the last piece for a mirage set

Comment

Why are you people spending thousands of dollars on eggs? Jesus christ stop letting this stupid ass company know that they can do whatever the hell they want and that they can con everyone to no end for easy money

Comment

ya shoulda bought a ps4 pro + games instead or two thousand bags of doritos

coulda bought a new beast gaming pc too

this game not rlly worth spending money on tbh. game barely gets content or quality of life changes and every update has some crazy cash event

too much rng gambling is bad 4 ur health

Comment

Thank you all who have replied so far. We all seem to agree that RNG based events are unfair especially when there is real life money involved.

I went ahead and filed a complaint to Federal Trade Commission against Eyedentity Games regarding dragon eggs and their unjust gambling marketing.

I'm probably overreacting but whatever. I've lost 6 months worth of lunch and had to do something

Name:	12.png
Views:	33
Size:	230.9 KB
ID:	75432

[Online gaming is a gray area where there is no real protection on consumer rights. I would like to report my experience with an online game called Dragon Nest (https://us.dragonnest.com/Main) published in U.S. by Eyedentity Games that is rooted in South Korea. In Dragon Nest, they sell "dragon eggs" for USD which can be opened to obtain certain rare items for a small chance. They also frequently promote limited-time events to encourage players to buy those dragon eggs so players can get stronger in the game. While I agree that this is indeed a brilliant idea on their end to increase the company's production, I see one fatal problem with this gambling approach. Eyedentity Games never discloses the probability of obtaining each individual item, which means as a consumer, we don't know how much we are supposed to spend to obtain a certain item that we want to have. They lure us to believe that if we buy enough dragon eggs, we will eventually get what we want. It is true that if you do get lucky, you can make a lot of profit from those dragon eggs, but if the probability of having that luck is essentially zero, this is a clear fraud. I recently fell victim of their deceptive scheme and spent close to $1000 USD without getting one item that I wanted. This would not have happened had I known beforehand how difficult it would be to obtain such an item. I am a responsible adult and have a decent job so I can probably recover from losing $1000 USD, but this could potentially be a serious problem for underage players that have no discernment to stop themselves from this addicting and dishonest marketing strategy. I ask you to please look into this matter and have Eydentity Games disclose the probability of obtaining each individual item in a dragon egg so we consumers can make better informed purchases in the future. Thank you for your consideration.]

This probably won't do shet but hey, worth a try.

Comment

Thank you all who have replied so far. We seem to agree that RNG based events are unfair especially when there is real life money involved.

I went ahead and filed a complaint to Federal Trade Commission against ED regarding dragon eggs and their unjust gambling marketing.

I'm probably overreacting but whatever. I've lost 6 months worth of lunch and had to do something

Name:	12.png
Views:	28
Size:	230.9 KB
ID:	75434

[Online gaming is a gray area where there is no real protection on consumer rights. I would like to report my experience with an online game called Dragon Nest published in U.S. by Eyedentity Games that is rooted in South Korea. In Dragon Nest, they sell "dragon eggs" for USD which can be opened to obtain certain rare items for a small chance. They also frequently promote limited-time events to encourage players to buy those dragon eggs so players can get stronger in the game. While I agree that this is indeed a brilliant idea on their end to increase the company's production, I see one fatal problem with this gambling approach. Eyedentity Games never discloses the probability of obtaining each individual item, which means as a consumer, we don't know how much we are supposed to spend to obtain a certain item that we want to have. They lure us to believe that if we buy enough dragon eggs, we will eventually get what we want. It is true that if you do get lucky, you can make a lot of profit from those dragon eggs, but if the probability of having that luck is essentially zero, this is a clear fraud. I recently fell victim of their deceptive scheme and spent close to $1000 USD without getting one item that I wanted. This would not have happened had I known beforehand how difficult it would be to obtain such an item. I am a responsible adult and have a decent job so I can probably recover from losing $1000 USD, but this could potentially be a serious problem for underage players that have no discernment to stop themselves from this addicting and dishonest marketing strategy. I ask you to please look into this matter and have Eydentity Games disclose the probability of obtaining each individual item in a dragon egg so we consumers can make better informed purchases in the future. Thank you for your consideration.]

This probably won't do anything but hey, worth a try

Comment

• Joni
                      Joni commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They should really make a threshold like they did with Rajuul/conversion where you buy a certain amount of eggs, you get one item for free.

Who knows if your report will work or not. Post an update if you hear something. :thinking:

• LikeItIs
                      LikeItIs commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Plus, Im pretty sure probability is manipulated during these events. Also,good job on wording it succinctly. Ill give this a try as well. And I will word that this is a game played by kids as young as 12, and a muc too early introduction to gambling for them. (if that makes any difference. ) BUT Im guessing the gms will read your complaint and run like mad chickens to ED to warn them of the danger and ED will double over.
                      Last edited by LikeItIs; 07-02-2017, 06:17 AM.

I was getting sick of getting all of pieces but the wings. So today, decided to pray and make an offering to the Goddess (probably Trisha). Donated 3300 gold to her (effectively all of my gold) then opened up 90 eggs. Got 2 Jasmine Wings. I am so happy and done.

Comment

Working...
                    X