No announcement yet.

I feel like this whole celebration event thing is a scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guess throwing your credit card at the game won't always get what you want. =)

Comment

That's why you should stop spending money at this game.
      It's much much better spent elsewhere, just like you mentioned: a PS4 Pro + Many good PS games, considering E3 17 showed us some, or u could use that for travelling this summer, etc.

But hey, who am i to advise you x.x
      Discord : Koko#8205

Comment

• Goodwill
        Goodwill commented
        Editing a comment
        To be fair it's good advice. I would add that you could upgrade your computer or set up a network of servers with that kind of money. I mean, $2k could get you the new Skylake 10 core CPU.

can a gm give the customer 1 darn wing
      i know business dont like to give freebies but cmon literally a small token of appreciation goes a long way for the loyal customers

blah whatever
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
      Who guards the guardians?

Comment

• TheSomnangMao
        TheSomnangMao commented
        Editing a comment
        last sentence is me after each ordeal.

=,=

if not for RuDN HC requirements i wouldn't of bothered.
        p2w is just so..... and then it doesn't even PAY off.

dafuq is this...

Pretty similar thing for me. A few hundred eggs, a bunch of junk potions, still missing the wing. Sent a ticket to see if they would do anything (ha.) Was basically told to suck it up and stop bothering them oh well.

Guess I'll let this be a lesson to myself.

Comment

This game is basically done for, nothing short of a complete overhaul that takes the west's standards into the cash shop can fix it now. But no, just more cash items that in game gear can't compete with at a 0.001% chance of getting from dragon eggs.

Comment

Remember when we got free cash acc last year the moonlight set

what events for f2p do we get this year

if it wasn't for the moonlight earrings I would not benefit from the set bonus of shiny acc kek
          Last edited by ceruulean; 06-30-2017, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Sorry to hear about what happened to you vislet, i got cucked as well sadly but that's because the eggs detected that i'm black so it's whatever but something is definitely fishy about these eggs man..just the whole thing in general..you drop a ton of hard earned cash to get a nice op as fk set just to have something better come out in the following month or two. honestly i've always said that i'm gonna stay until this game actually closes but i've been feeling like 95 cap will be where i drop out, i guess time will tell

Comment

• Vislet
              Vislet commented
              Editing a comment
              ED is such a racist

Well I'm a cuckhead I haven't quit even tho I said I would
            but anyway more people have quit so game is less fun

http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/ge...gs-such-a-scam

I got baited by sadynth set. never gonna try completing a set again unless they pull a rajuul sale
            Last edited by ceruulean; 06-30-2017, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Vislet
              Vislet commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry for what happened to you my friend. I should've read your thread and never even started but oh well I learned my lesson now.

I can't help but think that ED really hooked you on this one.

You kind of knowingly paid into their trap even after you claimed it's a scam after 2000 eggs. Sunk cost fallacy?

People talk loudest with their wallets. If we truly want to see cash cow events worthy of our money, then we only spend on those events. You buying $2000 worth of EC means they're going to host more of these events, because if it's not you, it's some other sucker. Not that I'm asking for more cash events, but better ones lol.

Grats on 3000 conversion eggs too, I guess.
            Dragoon
            TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

You are all thinking from the player perspective. Think of it from the business perspective of whoever is running the game in NA Answer: schemes to make bucks every month. Show players the hint of a promise of a whole set of something leading to some other rewards, and get them to spend. And change rng according to the number of pieces acquired. If we think rng doesnt get manipulated for these events, we are simpletons. This is the premise of all businesses operating on such schemes.
              Regarding guaranteeing a fourth piece if you spend 400 ... that just lowers their sales volume. If you get 3 pieces in 300, what is stopping you from spending another 300 to get the fourth? And maybe a 100more and just a 100 more and just another 100 more ...cos goddamn it, the rng is just going to fall your way this time.

Yes, some people do have good luck , but you have to have a few winners for rng events to work. Thats the nature of the game...the temptation.

As for the GMs i would really like to know what is their relationship with ED? They rarely log in, so ofcourse they do hear a ton of complaints when they do because people have no other recourse. Bullshitting is what they are doing. I wouldnt be surprised if they have a payback on the events they are so keen on pushing. And they talk out of their mouth both ways. Logging in just to buff your private party(Dentity) and then disappearing? tch. They act like the community is being harsh and demanding too much of them.
              All these complaints and posts from other players who are your friends about the hard work you are doing and how the community should be ashamed of the demands they make on you... lmao. These same players who shut up anyone who criticises or analyses any decision made by ED or the game admins. I personally have not seen players make demands. If they see you on, sure, they are going to ask for a buff party. Its not such a big deal. And if it is, give the buff to a npc that we can buy from. Or just activate buff for logging in.... I see no solutions, no post regarding what you are pushing for publicly declared except for meaningless words about how you are fighting for us. What is the agenda that you are pushing? How about some openness?
              Last edited by LikeItIs; 07-02-2017, 07:22 AM.

Comment

• ceruulean
                ceruulean commented
                Editing a comment
                I mean it's EDs fault for choosing active players to be gms, of course there's gonna be personal feelings and favoritism. Do I think it's right? No. Do I blame them? No. Bless buff being unavailable isn't the gm fault, it's the excessive bot epidemic that plagues every server region, making bots hog the stones. If the GM were more professional, they spend less time in game and more working, so ppl poke fun at how bad at the game they are or how they don't understand the players. There's no winning, just give and take. And I have no relation with gms other than saying hi every now and then

Also lack of communication from GM became a huge deal under Nexon pre-transfer, but it was obvious they were under legal/business obligation to say nothing

Basically if anyone want to blame them for favoritism or not engaging in pve and doing too much pvp fine, but don't blame them for things they can't control and for being frustrated as well
                Last edited by ceruulean; 07-02-2017, 10:54 AM.

Feelsbad fishy come play ff with me instead c;

Shooting Star - SquishyRobot
              Reaper - BadShampoo
              Dark Avenger - Apocion

Comment

Poundings comment is gone, my comment is gone... And you guys are still just bi*ching giving everyone the benefit of the doubt and holding no one accountable.

The GM'S you guys are so desperately trying to defend are the ones deleting threads that reveals the truth. I know this comment will get deleted as well but I'll just keep on posting it. This game is going down and most here won't do what's right because they want what they have, people's standards sure have gotten low...

If people still believe GM's are here to help us... Then ask yourself why they (generally) only PvP (instead of doing what typical GM's "used" to do) and why has their job description lessened so much...
                Last edited by ILLbeURdeath; 07-04-2017, 03:15 PM. Reason: Added for better understanding :D

Comment

• Anime Garbage
                  Anime Garbage commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you are seriously insinuating that the reason PvE is struggling is because the GMs are all focused on making the PvP better you're the most confused man alive. I have seen ONE GM PvP. And the last time I saw him was like, 2 months ago. Never seen again. If anything, almost every event panders to PvE to begin with.

Besides that point, though, you're on some metaphorical high horse accusing people they won't do "whats right" because the standard is low, but most people aren't doing anything because they know anything they do will be useless. Complaints fall to deaf ears, and attempts to fix things generally get ignored, so most are why bother?

Don't assume you're here to guide us like some valiant leader you egotistical twat.

• ILLbeURdeath
                  ILLbeURdeath commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Perhaps you should get your facts straight and I don't know maybe ask for more details regarding where I stand and what my words mean if you can't understand them. There are many things happening behind the scenes that you aren't aware of, I guess you don't see the missing posts/threads that get deleted within hours of them being posted. The quality of service, this game/our server is the lowest it's ever been.

I am not here to lead anyone lol, I have never claimed to be a/your leader, I've never said I should be a/your leader, you'll never find anything to quote me on anything to do about myself and leadership of others, the only thing I've ever said regarding actual leadership is to lead by example, I just so happen to believe in this concept rather than talk all the time, ya know "walk the walk" not "talk the talk" . Your interpretation of my words and hence your reply to my comment is so far off and the only reason you are replying is to troll me for whatever reason. You don't like what I got to say, what I've said, maybe partied with me in game and got booted for trolling (which is reasonable to assume since I don't know you yet you seem to know me and have gone so far as to reply to my comment with this childish name calling ) or whatever assumptions you've made of me/my reply.

Also, as far as what I've said about the conduct of the ED employees in recent times, all you need to do is be in game and watch the birds. Too often I see GM's antagonizing the community with birds calling out people to pvp them. I'm not saying they don't pve at all, I'm not even saying they have to or should do pve content with the community (for such a short comment of mine, you sure do have an imaginative image of me for such a detailed hate response to my comment). My comment was a general statement of the conduct of not only ED and its employees but that of a percentage of the playerbase as well. You read threads upon threads of nightmare stories and ED hate yet they keep doing the same things that makes them mad to begin with, mainly spending an obscene amount of money expecting to be fully satisfied with their purchase, this is ED we're talking about here. Rewards are hardly ever given out properly (not even Nexon had this much trouble with simple rewards...), hardly any worthwhile f2p events, a long string of p2w events, golden eggs, the shrinking of gold generation outside of gold buying, the army of gold bots that never get banned and yet they advertise in front of GM's, I could go on you know and others could add a long list of their own that they've witnessed. There is no point to an extent cuz there is a great chance this will get deleted by a GM.

If you want to be one of those people that say things are good or alright and that people should just shut up and accept what is then sir I say maybe you should eat your own words and allow all points of view of the issues to be presented. Only then can the truth be found, if you're willing to accept what you see. There is something very wrong with the game/our server (potentially all the ED ran servers) right now, we have valid complaints and fears.

There's a reason why so many people/strangers come here and say the DNNA community is toxic, so many fragmented groups of players/people and they don't care to work together for the betterment of all involved. You really don't know me and you shouldn't assume that which you don't know... but you will anyways.

Cheers

More like this game is a scam

players pour their hard earned cash into the game and what do they get?
                -RNG nonsense cash traps
                -awful customer support
                -consistent whale baiting events
                -TONS of recycled content and lack of content
                -game design problems and complaints not being fixed or addressed
                -no good attempts at getting new players playing and staying

We all know Dean50's words were empty when he responded to CrazyZeus' post

GMs probably gonna delete this post and ban everyone that says anything bad about this game tho

Comment

• TheSomnangMao
                  TheSomnangMao commented
                  Editing a comment
                  wut the fuk.
                  you have 1 post?

i only realized bc i did a search on your previous post to find a certain one i found pretty funny regarding drop rates lol.

to find that they have legit censored you off... ahahaa...

>_>

well i can see why the forums been so dead recently i guess. seems someone out there is being the SJW every NA forum deserves

• ceruulean
                  ceruulean commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lmao they delete this guys post which is hard to take seriously but not my thread about the eggs being a scam

Maybe I spent enough money to have favor in this company's eyes kek

• TheSomnangMao
                  TheSomnangMao commented
                  Editing a comment
                  but that's pay2speak :O
                  omfg. winning? hehe
                  :'D

Sorry if I feel like I'm hijacking the thread, but after skimming through comments here and ceruulean's thread, I felt I just had to speak up.

I think I've always been a little reluctant about being switched from Nx to another publisher, especially ED. I know a lot of people were looking forward to the potential new freedoms and such, but I saw it first and foremost as a loss of the English language. Personally, I enjoyed the time and effort that Nx spent in making the NPCs quirky and the dialog amusing. The Rhadames story line was void of any of that, so I think it's pretty clear the original text was nothing like what we got prior to the game exchanging hands.

Even with the free items and such that we initially got, I somehow got the impression that our updates were being split in such a way that we were falling behind other versions. For example, we got TKN normal, then PKN normal, then TKN hardcore and finally PKN hardcore and that was literally 4 months worth of updates that should've been 2 if I recall correctly. Yet, somehow we seem to have caught back up to being 4 months behind kDN (prior to switching over to ED, we were 5 months behind while Nx was updating the game) and I hope it never falls behind again. Speaking of which, I'm surprised that SEA has been void of updates for over 2 months now. They should've gotten Ray Mechanic end of May, but ever since Assassin awakening in April, their updates went silent. This better not be a sign of a situation to come for us.

The free items that we got from events were nice, but only if you actually got them. I've been playing with someone, like literally made a character and leveled it to 93 with them during that one level up event and while I got the items on both accounts, the person I played with didn't get anything on either of their accounts. ED suggests that it's CC handling our events, but in any event, they're clearly not doing a good job of checking who did what. I don't know if I can vouch for Nx in every case, but I don't believe I or anyone I know has missed out on event rewards they should've gotten within a game published by Nx.

The whole concept of "seasonal" costumes (the fact that if you don't get certain costumes within the month or whatever period it's available, you can kiss your chance at getting it goodbye) is another thing that I've never been able to accept and I became a victim of missing out on a costume I liked because I chose to go on hiatus for a few months.

I've had a case of a game shutting down a few months after putting money in, so I'm not exactly eager to try again and hope for the best. I did put some money into DN after ED took over, but only because they had an event running where you got an equal sum of DNP in return. I was really looking forward to getting the wings from the current set (like ceruulean's case, I don't even care about the rest of the set), but if I don't get them from the free eggs, I'm not even about to try spending.

Unfortunately I enjoy Dragon Nest's game play too much to want to quit, and I'm too invested in this version to think about jumping ship to another region's server (costumes being the primary reason here), so I'll likely stick around so long as DN NA is still kicking, but I'll be gone the moment it dies.

Comment

• ceruulean
                  ceruulean commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lmao trust me i feel the same as you on many points

Before transfer people were badmouthing Nexon and forgetting the benefits of a proper publisher, aka proper localizations and voice acting and quality assurance. I tried to defend nexon but alas people were celebrating ED being the new publisher and I hopped on the optimism train too... even though I knew their lack of publishing branch meant a lot of fuck ups and likely ignoring us. Why would this company spend more money to establish proper publishing resources for us when the intention behind severing Nexon was to save money...

I'm laughing at how ppl thought ED was taking us back from Nx because NX was mismanaging us and mangling ED's game...
                  Last edited by ceruulean; 07-04-2017, 09:25 PM.

• natoscurii
                  natoscurii commented
                  Editing a comment
                  baited out by the initial free items

Congrats to OP on finally getting the wing. I opened 30 more myself and got the last piece, so total of about ~800 free VIP eggs. Spent a total of $200 for the VIP passes. Worth it? Nah. Would never do it again. Rather have spent $200 towards a genesis acc (which would have yielded a larger damage boost LOL).

tldr; prices are absurd, egg rates are absurd, shit needs to change ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                X