How did this game die?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did this game die?

Played a bit when it first came out but I wasn't too invested and i quit shortly after. Thinking about giving it another try tho.

Just curious to know how this game got like this cause it always seemed to be pretty popular and loved to me.

There were a lot of factors that played into the decline of DN originally. Mean players, no real structure, no major events, recycled content, etc. For some players (like me) it didn't matter that the game got stale because I live in PVP. Hopefully now though there will be some good things happening for the community.
    DoctorRogue #9233
    DaMuffins ~ Muffins ~ Unstable
    Spreading Love One PVP Day At A Time

Comment

• Fayrore
      Fayrore commented
      Editing a comment
      You bullied me and mori all the time ))))))))

I think because of the lack of events Nexon had and a lot of server issues with people. The gaps of content between our servers and the other servers were really far apart. Community wasn't very kind towards one another. It caused a lot of people to quit DN but since the server change plus new cap, people are coming back, even from 24 cap. So hopefully this changes things a bit :3
    Always a muffin
    Main: Fayrore - Warden
    Alt: Faybelori - Chaos Mage/Majesty
    Alt#2: SacredFires - Pyromancer/Saleana

Comment

Nexon.
      /end

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorRogue View Post
        There were a lot of factors that played into the decline of DN originally. Mean players, no real structure, no major events, recycled content, etc. For some players (like me) it didn't matter that the game got stale because I live in PVP. Hopefully now though there will be some good things happening for the community.
        I wholeheartedly agree with this statement

Comment

Originally posted by Fayrore View Post
          I think because of the lack of events Nexon had and a lot of server issues with people. The gaps of content between our servers and the other servers were really far apart. Community wasn't very kind towards one another. It caused a lot of people to quit DN but since the server change plus new cap, people are coming back, even from 24 cap. So hopefully this changes things a bit :3
          Bullied? LMAO Please, I am an Astral Guardian and would never resort to anything more severe than a time out. I also recall several times where you two played this 'how many times can we kill Doc' event. LOL Hussy
          DoctorRogue #9233

Comment

Originally posted by doctorrogue View Post

bullied? Lmao please, i am an astral guardian and would never resort to anything more severe than a time out. I also recall several times where you two played this 'how many times can we kill doc' event. Lol hussy
            hahahaha love you doc <3
            Always a muffin
            Main: Fayrore - Warden
            Alt: Faybelori - Chaos Mage/Majesty
            Alt#2: SacredFires - Pyromancer/Saleana

Comment

Originally posted by Fayrore View Post

hahahaha love you doc <3
              LMAO Love you too muffin <3 So glad that you're back with us <3
              DoctorRogue #9233

Comment

Elephant Gun to the head, tactical nuke to the heart, mainly self-inflicted.
                Though, in order for the game, or any game for that matter to be "dead", it'd have to be alive first.

If you are defining game death as a rapid decline in player base, which leads a company to abandon it or hand it off to another company, then the cause is simply boredom.
                When you remove a lot of content (i.e. Nests/Chaos Rifts/Furious Mezzanine, etc..), and streamline everything to the point that anyone can reach max level in a matter of hours. Most people will find that there's not a lot left to do, it seems.

Even though I, for one, was practically logged in every day since 2011, towards the end of Nexon's control on DN, I too found myself doing very rudimentary and otherwise mundane tasks in the form of leveling up mercenaries (such as Rampaging Jasmine, etc). True, in my case the lack of activity in-game was partially due to the lack of content (I was willing to do), though also due to the fact I got a toaster oven in place of a computer lol.
                Orbital Defense is standing by to take the shot.

Comment

For me (taking a break after BDN) it was the repetition of mechanics and content, or lack there of. Being away for over two years now, i'm excited to see what has changed with a few of my really close buddies.

Comment

• Minchi
                    Minchi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    you callin ur grill a budddy
                Working...
                X