Missing/Removed Quests - A curiousity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing/Removed Quests - A curiousity

I've been on and off with this game throughout the years, so I usually don't make it too far in. The most I've had is a level 40 mercenary. I've come back after a few months since my last "burn/session", and I've decided to try out a Black Mara. This is just out of curiosity, as other than wanting to know, I'm not losing sleep over it, or anything. Now, I know most people don't give a rat's ass about sidequests, or at least the early ones, but have they removed a lot of them? I know that since they changed the difficulty system for the early game, like being able to go onto Abyss in the early missions, they removed a lot of sidequests that had to do with that; again, early on. I remember doing some quests that involve David before heading to Saint Haven. I've only encountered him in the Sleeper's Temple with that bouquet sidequest. Or that first landslide Krag quest, or whatever. I got his second one, but never the first. I also somehow didn't get "Argenta's Slave", but I did recieve "Argenta's Breath". Noticeable to me since I like to keep those kind of things a mementos. Again, just a curiosity; an itch that I'm looking to get scratched, since I remember things differently. I love the game all the same.

tl;dr Were a lot of the early quests removed? Or did I just glitch things, or get gated out for leveling too fast.

Thanks.

Yes, a majority of the lvl 40 or lower side quests were removed quite some time ago.

Quite a shame honestly, I enjoyed some of them immensely especially landslide krag's quest line (incredibly entertaining).

Comment

• The Fool
      The Fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. I share this sentiment. A few of them, in my eyes, are quite endearing. I know that it's just a passing thought for a lot of people, and that's all well and good.

Originally posted by The Fool View Post
    I've been on and off with this game throughout the years, so I usually don't make it too far in. The most I've had is a level 40 mercenary. I've come back after a few months since my last "burn/session", and I've decided to try out a Black Mara. This is just out of curiosity, as other than wanting to know, I'm not losing sleep over it, or anything. Now, I know most people don't give a rat's ass about sidequests, or at least the early ones, but have they removed a lot of them? I know that since they changed the difficulty system for the early game, like being able to go onto Abyss in the early missions, they removed a lot of sidequests that had to do with that; again, early on. I remember doing some quests that involve David before heading to Saint Haven. I've only encountered him in the Sleeper's Temple with that bouquet sidequest. Or that first landslide Krag quest, or whatever. I got his second one, but never the first. I also somehow didn't get "Argenta's Slave", but I did recieve "Argenta's Breath". Noticeable to me since I like to keep those kind of things a mementos. Again, just a curiosity; an itch that I'm looking to get scratched, since I remember things differently. I love the game all the same.

tl;dr Were a lot of the early quests removed? Or did I just glitch things, or get gated out for leveling too fast.

Thanks.
    Well, for one, I definitely know that they removed/changed the target dungeon for every quest that involved the Graves of Unrest after it was removed from the game (though that was long before 90 cap), but the full David questline SHOULD still be there (though for whatever reason, Machina can't even accept the final quest for it due to not having Argenta's slave collar), as well as TWO of the Carderock Pass Landslide Krag quest (you only fight up to the duo now at Prayer's Retreat) AND all of his quests in Black Mountain (though, like with many non-Graves of Unrest quest, the target location for the battle against him is at Submerged Ruins instead of Black Mountain Stronghold, to be more in line with the main quests). I know this, because I did those quests with my Arch Heretic and Black Mara DURING the current cap (since they weren't released prior to 93 cap). However, I THINK I know why they may not be showing up for you (and it PARTIALLY has to do with that "level-gating" you're afraid of, but not in the way you think).

There's an option in the quest window that, if it has a checkmark next to it indicating that it's active, hides ALL sidequests that are a certain number of levels (can't remember if it was 5 or 10) below your level (main quest SHOULD be unaffected by this). That means that, while the affected quests can still be taken through the NPCs that give them (I think. I never turned it back on after 50 cap), they won't show up on the map, NOR will the sidequest icons appear above the NPCs' heads (this screwed me over for the King Cassius/Poor Boy sidequest chain during 50 cap, because the marker for the level 32 quest didn't appear on the map where Guardsman Joey was, and he didn't have the marker above his head,either). For example, if I were to get on my lvl 93 Crusader (my first and only Chronicles character, so he started at level 80 with all level 80 and lower non-specialization sidequests available (and the main quest that takes you to Merka)) and have that option ON, ALL sidequests below level 83-88 would be hidden for him, and I'd only be able to see them if I talked to the NPCs that had them. In order to see these quests normally again, you have to disable the option in the quest window (I did this at level 50 during said cap, and the markers for quest I missed reappeared again, so I was able to finally finish the King Cassius/Poor Boy sidequest chain). Once you do, ALL NPCs that had normally hidden quest SHOULD have the markers over their heads, indicating that those quests are still available.

If it still doesn't work, or you never had the option turned on, then I don't know what else you could try.
    Last edited by BowieSage; 09-11-2017, 02:28 AM.

Comment

• The Fool
      The Fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, yes. That did it for me. Thank you. Oddly enough, though; prior to making the thread, I was able to "see" the quests on the map when I hovered over an NPC, yet talking to them brought up nothing. It just disabled the quests entirely for me until I unchecked that setting in the quest window. I assumed it was just remnants of old data on the map. That's neither here nor there, though. My curiosity is sated. Kudos.

I miss the old quests and the lower level nests. Those were always fun to read. I think now that they have removed so many, a lot of new players (and nostalgic players) miss out on the great stories that were told through the original quest lines. Maybe at some point we'll get a retro-DN makeover LOL I think that would be fun It's strange to go back through SS of the beginning before SH became the grand place it is now. It was so tiny before. One thing I am extremely glad about that is the fact that we can walk in and out of the castle without the whole party at the door. So I guess we all miss some things but not so much other things.
    DoctorRogue #9233
    DaMuffins ~ Muffins ~ Unstable
    Spreading Love One PVP Day At A Time

Comment

Working...
    X