New player Help thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New player Help thread.

Need a quick answer? This thread is generally designed to help newer players, I will be checking this ever so often to help players who need advice or tips, if you are a veteran feel free to help other players too!

Join our discord! https://discord.gg/tJtNE73

I will be working on finding a discord bot, but if you need information I am planning on writing a huge guide, as well as various information in the discord.
    If you wish to sign up as a veteran message me so I can give you the rank, allowing newer players to know who to go to for questions, also please leave the classes you play so I can give you that role as well so players can easily find knowledge on the specific class they are attempting to learn, Thanks!

If you feel like helping anyone out, this thread can also be used for donations , nest carries / tutoring or anything else that could be helpful! I will personally give away items every once in a while!

If you wish to do anything leave your IGN / Discord here or Private message me if you wish to remain anonymous!

Generous donations ( This will be gold / Items / Anything you want to give out to help the community, 100% Of this will be going to the new players! )
    -
    -
    -
    -

Nest Help / Tutoring ( Leave the nest you are able to help new players in clearing, and also possibly teach them the various in game mechanics and send them on the path to build them-self up in Dragon Nest! )

- @Couplord ( Myself, I am experienced with every nest in the game and working on RUDN )
    - @Breamiin ",( I'm willing to help any new players with content other than DB HC"): IGN Brea
    -

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Last edited by Couplord; 04-26-2017, 11:10 AM.
    Hello Sir! Please free to mention me or send me a private message if you need any assistance! I will try my best to help you to the best that I can!

-Subscribed to every forum section except Trades-

Discord: Couplord#5195
    NA IGN: SirCoup

I'm a returning player from when Nexon was running DN. Overall I think I'm getting used to today's DN, but I still have some questions.

1) Is there a point in running lv90 nests now?

2) Is there a database or up to date site where I can see the best in-game titles in terms of elemental damage, phys stat, ect?

3) Is farming still a viable source of income? Some players in-game have said yes, some have said that it's a colossal waste of time.

Comment

1) 90 nests drop lvl 90 altheum and diamonds, its worth running for the diamonds as they can be sold on MP

2) https://spacem.github.io/dngearsim/ - Has a list of all the titles ever released for the game, some of the titles were not released for NA

3) Depends. If you have 20 chars that can farm its 31g per char which nets around 620g every 5 days. It goes up if you get the 2.5k Golden Goose VIP badge from gifting Golden Goose badges to NPCs. It really only shows if you accounts worth of gold to get stuff. You'd be better off running what you can and selling mats/items you don't need that don't require the use of stamps unless they are worth more than the cost of selling the stamps. An example would be, don't unbind cauda gear to sell unenhanced as it costs more in stamps to unbind than to just sell the stamps.

Comment

• Couplord
        Couplord commented
        Editing a comment
        Dang, you beat me to it while i was typing up a lengthy reply haha!

• Breamiin
        Breamiin commented
        Editing a comment
        xp rather simple questions to answer. And good tips for any player starting out!

• Couplord
        Couplord commented
        Editing a comment
        True, it sucks to type on my phone in the school halls and walk haha!
        Tonight I will be updating the main post alot~ Thanks Breamiin for helping along with answering peoples questions on my thread!

Originally posted by Kinross View Post
      I'm a returning player from when Nexon was running DN. Overall I think I'm getting used to today's DN, but I still have some questions.

1) Is there a point in running lv90 nests now?

Currently there is a point in running every nest ( Party reward / Hero Exp level ) But I would recommend only running Daidalos Nest, this nests is still worth running due to being able to sell the Drakonites you get from running it, as well as the Crest / Gem drops. The other nests may not be good or worth running unless you are hoping to get lucky with RNG for a Cor-nura drop... which is very rare, or trying to cap on hero exp / party reward.

2) Is there a database or up to date site where I can see the best in-game titles in terms of elemental damage, phys stat, ect?

https://spacem.github.io/dngearsim/
      This has a database of every item in the game, and some thats unreleased

3) Is farming still a viable source of income? Some players in-game have said yes, some have said that it's a colossal waste of time.

I would say it is a viable source of income, but this all depends on the time you have. It is viable to create alts during exp events of course... And farming on the side is viable too and one of the only ways to get a mass amount of gold in the game... Apple farming is the kind of thing where you spend a good amount of time in investment to eventually generate a huge amount of gold over time making it worth it in the ending.
      Apple farming gives around 33 gold per character with golden goose every 5 days~

So it is viable in the long run, and taking advantage of the exp events when they have it is a good idea.

Hello Kinross! Welcome back to Dragon Nest.
      Last edited by Couplord; 04-21-2017, 05:42 AM.
      Hello Sir! Please free to mention me or send me a private message if you need any assistance! I will try my best to help you to the best that I can!

Comment

Oh, wow. I didn't expect such detailed responses. Thank you!

Thanks for the warm welcome, my fiance and I are having a ton of fun.

Comment

• Couplord
          Couplord commented
          Editing a comment
          Your welcome glad to be of assisstance! Let me know if you have any other questions!

And WOW! Congrats

whats the cost and materials of enhancing the legendary evolution ice dragon?
        can you provide a list for each level? thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by klmjyy View Post
          whats the cost and materials of enhancing the legendary evolution ice dragon?
          can you provide a list for each level? thanks!
          +1 [ 3 QLGE ] [5 Diamond ] 104g
          +2 [ 3 QLGE ] [5 Diamond ] 147g
          +3 [ 3 QLGE ] [10Diamond] 217g
          +4 [ 3 QLGE ] [10 Diamond ] 358g
          +5 [ 4 QLGE ] [10 Diamond ] 640g
          +6 [ 4 QLGE ] [15 Diamond ] 922g
          +7 [ 4 QLGE ] [15 Diamond ] 640g
          +8 [ 4 QLGE ] [15 Diamond ] 1345g
          +9 [ 4 QLGE ] [15 Diamond ] 1956g
          +10[ 4 QLGE ] [20 Diamond ] 2896g
          +11 [5 QLGE ] [20Diamond ] 3460g
          +12 [5 QLGE ] [20Diamond ] 4023g

This is assuming you have golden goose VIP.

Comment

Thanks you!!

Comment

Your welcome klm!
              I just did my long procrastinated thread update, School has kept me busy haha, but I will have a discord server up tonight!

Comment

@Breamiin Has been added to the Nest help section due to her thread! Which seems to have the same kind of motive that mine has as we practically share the same goal and are doing the smae thing.

http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/ge...ng-new-players

Please tell me if you wish to be removed from this list though Brea, and thanks for helping the new player community benefit!

Comment

• Breamiin
                  Breamiin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ahh I didn't see the edits to your thread! I'll be glad to stay on the list.

• Couplord
                  Couplord commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks !

Thank you guys for doing this. Especially Couplord I guess you come from EU like you said in a post I think you've come at a right time to help with morale in this server.

Comment

I've been playing for about 6 weeks now and one thing that myself and I'm sure others would benefit from would be a type of Gear Progression Chart or Guide starting with Theano from the Growth Guide to IDNL.

Currently, I am playing as a Lunar Knight and I guess I would be considered maybe mid-game geared. I have a full set of +7 to +10 Obsession Armor, +11 Nightmare Main Weapon / +8 Prophet Secondary Weapon, RDNL Necklace and rings for 3-piece set bonus with Legend gems in each ring, Wise Theano earrings, Rare Mystical Talisman with the rest being Quality Talismans, All Dragon Gems are +8 to +11 with Light Conversion/Attack for Offensive and INT/VIT for Defensive, and the Rare Costume from the Dragon Vault.

At this point I am not sure what my next step should be in the gearing process. I would really appreciate any assistance that either of you could provide.

Also, I know that the damage and health requirements were added to the nest entry screen in a recent patch, but I have heard that the numbers are not really correct. Would you be able to provide the damage/health numbers most people aim for to go into the raids/nests so that they are beneficial to the group and not getting essentially carried?

Comment

• Couplord
                    Couplord commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hello Arckan! Yes, the numbers given are not really correct, I would actually recommend getting to 200k+ damage in town.. and 2 million health while still maintaining a balance of critical chance, If you manage that you should be geared enough for all current content. Keep in mind, for 90 content, you need around 210k Critical Rating to be at 89% Which is the cap, For 93 content you need around 330k

Now for your progression, I would recommend changing up a few things...

RDNL Necklace -> Level 90 Crescent Cleave Tech ( If you plan to do IDN, If not change to a Level 93 Halfmoon Slash Tech )
                    RDNL Ring -> IDNL Ring
                    RDNL Ring -> Moon Blade Dance Tech, If you do your rotations correctly... Moonblade dance is around 30% + Of your damage, Teching it is quite important!
                    For Your armors, You could opt to go IDN U + Int Armors, which helps out in the long run, and try to get a Nightmare Offhand and Evolutionize your weapons .
                    Get a Rare Wise talisman too, since Lunar Knights gain tons of damage from Intellect. After that, work on getting Engineer set if you do not already have it~

Now as for a quick gear progression guide, I would say....

Armors

Free Theano Gear -> IDN U Armors -> IDNL Armors

Weapons

Free Theano Gear -> Nightmare Weapon -> Nightmare Unique Weapon

Accessories

Aim for a Tech necklace with your classes main stat
                    For Earring, you can use practically any you can find.
                    For Rings you want either Ice dragon Legendary Rings, Technique Rings, or a mixture of both depending on your class
                    Last edited by Couplord; 04-26-2017, 08:50 PM.

• Arckan
                    Arckan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you Couplord! That was exactly what I was looking for. I got a couple of the IDNU today and am trying to get the Tech accessories. No one seems to ever sell those so I guess the only way to get them is crafting myself.

Thanks again and I appreciate your detailed response.

I've recently started playing Dragon Nest and picked Defensio as a main class. I'm level 93 and full Theano geared to start off @ 93. My main question would be: How well is this class, performance wise, at the raiding/nest level? I've seen multiple threads about "Defensio's Suck", but so far I've assumed those players don't understand the class 100% (hopefully).

I've played MMOs at the top level in raiding (Top 30 US guilds in WoW) and have extensive experience in that kind of environment. Is there some "quirk" to this class that most players don't recognize that makes or breaks a Defensio's tanking ability or is the skill cap so ridiculous that newer players will take much longer to pick up on? Basically, straight up, is this class, as they say, "garbage'?

Comment

• Couplord
                    Couplord commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hello! Welcome to Dragon Nest! Feel free to join my server if you need any help, with rotations or builds or anything!

Defensio was buffed to S tier dps, people on this server do not play it and haven't realized it yet~
                    Defensio does not suck, it is one of the top damage classes in the game..............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxgbLfdeOao Or anything else by Monstahh from SEA will be a good thing to watch~
                    Last edited by Couplord; 04-27-2017, 06:13 PM.

If anyones interested in a gear and skill build simulator here are some links you may find helpful I use them all the time.

Gear sim: (has updated stats for every piece of gear in the game atm across all servers)
                  https://spacem.github.io/dngearsim/

Skill build sim: (again all to date skills listed across all servers)
                  https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/na

Comment

Hello, I'm pretty new to the game, and I really enjoy it. I'm currently rolling a Sader right now and think it's a really fun class to play. I just got into Obsession gear + 6 to +7 and am grinding for a Nightmare weapon. I'm torn right now as I've been reading Sader's get exponentially better with Ice dragon gear, especially L gear. I've kind of hit a wall in damage production and am seeing a drop off relative to high crit classes. I'm gemmed full intellect and am actually starting to replace some int/vit gems with int/crit gems I've got them up to about +7. Wasn't sure if needed to put to much energy in lvling those gems since they will be replaced in the icegear. I'm not sure if its rotation issues or something I'm doing wrong mechanically. I feel I'm following what I thought was a good rotation, but its certainly possible,
                    Buffs: elemental aura, redemption aura
                    defensive buffs: block, iron will : if needed
                    Armor Break > Relic > Zap > Mighty Blow > Hammer Hand > Smite (x2) > (Zap if Smite EXi Triggered) > Divine Combo > Zap
                    Of course, I always proc crusader's zeal on cd

1. maintain debuffs : Relic/Armorbreak
                    2. try to keep zap on as much as possible to maintain divine brand
                    3.mighty blow and hammer hand
                    4.divine combo and smite for filler zap on cd
                    . Before I cash in on my nightmare weapon is it worth running Sader to ice dragon or would inquisitor have better production? I guess what I'm getting at from your experience do inquisitors fare better then crusaders? I'm just at a point where my damage seems to be lacking enough to where I can't attempt professor k hardcore and hc granom nest. Just would love a tip on the best course of action. TIA - Jordan

Comment

• Couplord
                      Couplord commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hello welcome to dragon nest! Crusader Is a fun class! It is true Crusaders get exponentially stronger with Ice dragon Legendary gear.
                      This is because they get to stack Strength / Intellect as well as hit Critical cap from the Ice Dragon Gear.

In comparison....

A Raven that Goes from Theano to Ice Dragon could get say...2-3x more stronger
                      And a crusader getting that same gear will get 5-6x stronger... if not more

This is just a comparison it's not to scale though! But a Crusader without L grades, and with L grades will feel like a completely different class due to the insane scaling and growths they get from using it.

Crusader Is Very Strong and actually does more damage than Inquisitor when he gets in IDNL's! I would play what class you think is fun honestly! Can I see your stats? And do you have discord?
                  Working...
                  X