Destroyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destroyer

Would you guys say Destroyer is weaker now than 90 cap? Overall Damage, utility, defenses...

Abort seems to think so, the Destroyer Master :^)

Sorry for the bad editing bois.

Seriously though, would you guys say Dest is better now due to awakenings, or do you disagree?
    Pasta, Lvl. 93 Ruina
    Insolis, Lvl. 90 Raven
    Dakeil, Lvl. 90 Guardian

have a Pasta in comic sans text

Overall it is weaker. The strongest new thing about destroyer isn't even its awakening, it is the exi. Which we were suppose to have 90 cap, but nexon stopped updating the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Capone View Post
      Overall it is weaker. The strongest new thing about destroyer isn't even its awakening, it is the exi. Which we were suppose to have 90 cap, but nexon stopped updating the game.
      So what you're saying is what in fact makes it stronger in 93 cap than 90 cap is that you got a new skill that you didn't before, for whatever reason, and it makes all the difference?

So it's stronger now but it's weaker? Gotcha.

Comment

Originally posted by Pasta View Post
        Would you guys say Destroyer is weaker now than 90 cap? Overall Damage, utility, defenses...

Seriously though, would you guys say Dest is better now due to awakenings, or do you disagree?
        I can't say for other classes, but against inquisitors and lenceas (not so much as inquis).they definitely got stronger. With the awakened dumbsht aoe on the last hit of rolling attack , it's almost impossible to predict the range of it while engaged in battle and on top of that it breaks every inquis' skills. We can dodge it, easy, but them bombs away usually happens right after. Situation ends up being take 35-50k dmg or waste an evade...

Putting that alongside the infinite knockback new skill (Not really a problem compared to the former since detonate and multibinds), it makes inquis vs destroyer a horribad matchup compared to 90 cap, where we fared well against them.
        Last edited by Rokanji; 10-08-2016, 03:45 PM. Reason: Not repsonding to fuc.kboi comments, you know who you are :).

Comment

Originally posted by Seraphantom View Post

So what you're saying is what in fact makes it stronger in 93 cap than 90 cap is that you got a new skill that you didn't before, for whatever reason, and it makes all the difference?

So it's stronger now but it's weaker? Gotcha.
          What i am saying is what makes it stronger is something that every other version but ours had in 90 cap. We didn't because nexon stopped updating the game. It's not a new skill, but a buff to a certain skill. This buff happened a good while before 93 cap.

Comment

I'm sorry, defenses?
            If you don't have iFrames, SA, or escapes, you have nothing in the way of defense.

I don't use 50s, so we'll not talk about Mael. Maelstrom Howl has always been great though.

Anyway, the Awoken skills don't do much. You can't really combo into Crash Mode, and even if you do, it's easy enough to escape or perma-lock it into shield with left/right clicks (therefore, will probably be blacklisted). You deserve to be hit by Assault Crash if you can't get out of it by the last hit. The change to Roll Attack is great, but the speed increase doesn't change the way you dodge it compared to before. The final hit is the same, just faster and with less lift. Bombs Away is not that different from before the nerf, when it hit enemies that were slightly closer to you. The term "glass cannon" doesn't really apply, since Dests aren't glass, but the lack of iFrames and escapes makes them easy to combo compared to other classes.

tl;dr: They're strong offensively but weak defensively.

Comment

For lack of better words, no they're not.

Comment

You never heard about destroyers in 90 cap was always glads lol. I don't think many played them. My GM is destroyer he seems pretty tough i'll tell you.

Edit: whoops just saw this was pvp lol ;-; oh well they still have to be better as an awakened class anyways.
                Last edited by Asal; 10-08-2016, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Abort is dumb. Destroyer is definately better in 93. Damage is better because of the hp nerfs and the x3 roll attacks. Even if you whiff roll attack, there is a high chance the last hit will hit and do 10k easily. Not to forget 50s are viable now.
                  Last edited by ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ qt.smg; 10-08-2016, 11:48 PM.
                  ♣
                  мy cнaracтer:
                  lv 93 destroyer | qtdestroyer

"I am the best destroyer on the server. Hands down"
                  ~me

Comment

Originally posted by ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ qt.smg View Post
                    Abort is dumb. Destroyer is definately better in 93. Damage is better because of the hp nerfs and the x3 roll attacks. Even if you whiff roll attack, there is a high chance the last hit will hit and do 10k easily. Not to forget 50s are viable now.
                    mr qtedgelord katana thinks he knows the class when he can't even play his own lul

93 cap dest is weird compared to 90 basically has the same burst just in different skills but you lose majority of your defense for them = worse

the only thing that is better is bombs away s that is the best thing to come in 93 cap for dest imo

in 90 cap mael roll and add in a high lvl ww and they were pretty much gone in 93 cap u just set up for roll x3 usually but my mael is unawk with dmg crest soz can use that with bombs s and stoof as well point is has the same burst dmg just harder to land

the flying swing change is useless mostly because wat are u going to do with a 600 sa skill pretty sure ur not going to be spamming flying swing non ins

1200 sa removed making it useless for a lot of scenarios but it was really only good for tanking machinas at the right time now that it's gone it's a lot easier to get caught if u miss ur "utility" skills

iron skin yellow shield takes fury = aids when u don't have fury

mael takes 5 fury not too important but can be annoying at times (mael awk is bad btw)

roll x3 takes time to charge and so does fury so you won't be spamming it much at the start in rounds or w/e

roll awk or w/e doesn't have a lift when in air so u have to land last hit to catch

assault crash has good dmg but has low sa with long animation so have to waste tumble to cancel it and the last hit is a bit strange to land but for some reason i got use to it so a lot easier to land now

crash mode is only good vs "scrubs" literally it's the easiest skill to counter if you know how it's even more useless in group fights when they have lots of aoe like mages press the button and mages jump you around a corner and you're a goner

no crisis cd reduct important for 1vs1 i guess also no more ultis in rounds

main thing no defense < any damage class gets a hold of you you're going to take a lot of dmg when before you could tank out most of it now literally any class can dmg you a lot

a lot of other awks have harder to counter awakenings the only thing great that was given is roll x3 i guess and crash mode somewhat against ppl like memecrea (people who are bad)

like if ur going to fight a good sniper in round it's going to be aids unless u can catch them and land all your burst will probably lose a lot of health because their escapes are as aids as shs in 90 cap

iw in wipe in a hard match as well

stoof like this wasn't a bad matchup with 90 cap dest because of def and stoof

also would take roll ex over awk roll if i could as long as it gave u roll x3 and same dmg

made it more fun and less faceroll to land
                    Last edited by Valien; 10-09-2016, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Dest is like the bandwagon merc this cap. I find the best results off my dest using its awakened skills amongst all of the other warrior classes (worth noting though that my ML doesn't have instant nado so I can't just sit around and wait for you to do any skill and then punish you with a free relaunch that eats AEs). Assault Crash is super satisfying to land off of wall ares. It's def no barb Overtaker, but it still takes names and is fancy as hell.

The insta is really nice because its so easy to bait people to run into it, which puts them in a grounded state so I can capitalize off of that. I don't really use Flying Swing in neutral though because of the SA nerf, so the insta is really the only reason I have flying leveled as high as I do.

Roll Attack is a godsend because it pretty much wins games for me. I'm not the most competent player, but I can take rounds off of people pretty much solely by throwing the Roll Attack randomly, the AoE for the final crash down is just so huge its hard to drop a combo from it.

On a final note, Crash Stance is really really good.

Idk if randomly calling out Abort for his opinions on his class was relevant, with the whole tongue in cheek ";^)" shit, but the discussion still exists so that's just my part of it, idk. I think the Mercenary Tree in general is in a really good place right now, where as the Swordsman Tree is just kind of grossly good at all possible fronts, be it utilities, rush down, kiting, or just ease of play.

Comment

Originally posted by Valien View Post
                        some weeb shit abort said
                        Here's my reaction to your posts

A tale of autism and Incompetence

Comment

Originally posted by Anime Garbage View Post
                          Idk if randomly calling out Abort for his opinions on his class was relevant, with the whole tongue in cheek ";^)" shit, but the discussion still exists so that's just my part of it, idk. I think the Mercenary Tree in general is in a really good place right now, where as the Swordsman Tree is just kind of grossly good at all possible fronts, be it utilities, rush down, kiting, or just ease of play.
                          Called out Abort since he was the reason why I made my thread, since I personally thought Dest's were better than before due to sheer raw power.

Regardless, thanks for all the responses everyone, in the thread it seems like people disagree with Dest being stronger, which is fine. From in game, most people think Dest is stronger however, and that's been a majority of them, new and old.
                          Pasta, Lvl. 93 Ruina
                          Insolis, Lvl. 90 Raven
                          Dakeil, Lvl. 90 Guardian

have a Pasta in comic sans text

Comment

Originally posted by Dankoy View Post

Here's my reaction to your posts

surprised your screen still has color after all that time in the gray screen

Comment

Called out Abort since he was the reason why I made my thread, since I personally thought Dest's were better than before due to sheer raw power.

Regardless, thanks for all the responses everyone, in the thread it seems like people disagree with Dest being stronger, which is fine. From in game, most people think Dest is stronger however, and that's been a majority of them, new and old.
                              u would get it if u had half a brain

dest 90 cap had burst and utility and the burst was spread out on a lot of skills than 93 cap

no fury system or w/e dumb shet so you could mael / skin / yellow shield off cd if you wanted to rather spend some of your damage for it

they were always strong they simply took away majority of the utility and gave the class even more damage with barely any defense even though before you would kill the same way just easier to catch and kill about the same damage just different execution

not to mention in rounds u start with 0 fury and roll takes 32 sec cd to charge for each roll to stack to 3

bombs s is op

tldr: same burst dmg lower def lower utility only +side is more yolo rolls and bombs s stoof like assault crash being weird and needing a high lift and stoof like crash mode being good for trash like you but not that great vs ppl that know how to counter is wat makes dest feel clunky af this cap

tldr 2: it's good for killing trash players this cap that's about it

Comment

Working...
                              X