Resetting the PvP ranks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resetting the PvP ranks?

Figured that the server transfer would fix this issue as (Going off second-hand information) PvP info was meant to be left on the old server. But clearly that didn't happen, now did it.

The abundance of people who obtained their ranks from chill rooming is ludicrous. Chill rooms in general (Again, going off second-hand information here) were meant to be banned after the transfer. Clearly, this didn't happen and the leaderboard is still polluted with people who achieve their rank by doing absolutely nothing. You'll notice in the image that a lot of people included aren't respawners, aren't 1v1ers and aren't group pvpers. This list is far too long (And i was being lenient, I could probably double the list if I had the time to waste on it, and I still might when I get the chance) to be considered "trivial".

I propose we reset the pvp ranks, i know this is a concept that's been thrown around a LOT in the PvP community, but with a new host, we can hopefully make it happen.
    (Before I get some response like "HEATHEN! U JST WUNT RANKS RESET CUZ U TRASH" or something, I personally wouldn't care what my rank is... I just want them to mean something again. Also, this isn't the be all and end all, this thread is to just open a discussion and hopefully move it forward.... If we ever see ED staff on these forums)

http://imgur.com/jtfkZpk

If you want more information regarding the topic, please check out this forum post

http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/su...ased-pvp-ranks
    Last edited by Barbarian; 10-10-2016, 11:49 PM.
    Learn to combo, not just spam whirlwind like the shame of the class you are.

You forgot one.
    https://puu.sh/rtonb/8b262ad514.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by A Weeaboo Name View Post
      I'll add him onto the next list i make, When I can put the time aside to go through and make up a full list of everyone in Silver rank or higher who chill room for their ranks. For now this is just to open the discussion on the topic and see where everyone stands.

Comment

I do not mean to hijack your thread, but I posted something similar in another section. I believe it's worth at least looking over.

Nonetheless, PVP rank is roughly correlated to how long you have played the game. By keeping the same PVP rank data from the transfer, incoming new players and returning old players (who might have lost their account in the transfer) are at a massive disadvantage in terms of PVP rank progression.

Yes, PVP rank means more or less nothing in the grand scheme of things, but since there are now actual rewards (albeit quite pathetic unless you're champion) for having blue ranks or higher, having a huge wall for entry into the ~exclusive~ ranks. Just look at this graphical representation.
        Note: I am excluding Gold ranks and Champion for the sake of making the graph readable

There's a huge difference in how much you need to farm to get the rank of First Lieutenant compared to getting Captain. Even worse, once you get into the blue ranks, you don't need nearly as much arena XP to break into the higher ranks until you get to General and Decorated general. It's easier to go up in the blue ranks than it is getting into them in the first place.

I would bring out the argument that most of the players on the list don't even play anymore, but since you needed to verify your account or else you wouldn't have had your account transferred, it's very clear that they still at least have an interest in the game.

In the end, since so many players have dedicated an obscene amount of time into PVP, they should be compensated in some way. It's unfortunately unfair either way if ranks are not cleared; unfair for those who worked for them if they are purged and unfair for those who are new to the game if they aren't purged.

Will players quit if their rank is purged? Only way to find out is to do a survey/poll.
        Last edited by Amaurus; 10-10-2016, 10:07 PM. Reason: Resized huge graph

Comment

Too late for this, transfer is done, sorry.

Also I think the main reason why ED did not reset PvP ranks was to ensure they wouldn't lose existing customers. Considering that the dwindling community was the primary reason Nexon called it quits, there was no chance ED would reset the ranks if that meant further reducing the player base. ED's mission atm is restoring our satisfaction (through events etc), bringing in new players and keeping old ones. Therefore, any action that might reduce the player base, even slightly, will definitely not be implemented. I assume this also goes for why there has not been a gold injection either.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphexis View Post
            Too late for this, transfer is done, sorry.

Also I think the main reason why ED did not reset PvP ranks was to ensure they wouldn't lose existing customers. Considering that the dwindling community was the primary reason Nexon called it quits, there was no chance ED would reset the ranks if that meant further reducing the player base. ED's mission atm is restoring our satisfaction (through events etc), bringing in new players and keeping old ones. Therefore, any action that might reduce the player base, even slightly, will definitely not be implemented. I assume this also goes for why there has not been a gold injection either.
            Hmmmmm, i see where you're coming from and it's a reasonable standpoint... I just wish we'd have some way to distinguish between people who earn their ranks by actually playing in either group pvp or 1v1s. As much as you're more than likely right that they won't reset ranks because of the fear of losing players... it feels like there are benefits to resetting ranks and of course, people with higher ranks could be compensated (i.e. Some DNP based on your rank, maybe a title? Something at least...) and that way we'd actually have SOME meaning to ranks, instead of the glorified gametime counter that it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Amaurus View Post
              Too long to quote fully.
              Oh, my bad i didn't see it, i'll link it in the original post!

Also, huge thanks for posting all this in here~!

Comment

People still pvp inside of chill rooms.

Comment

Originally posted by Randomguy View Post
                  People still pvp inside of chill rooms.
                  I want you to look at the screenshot in my first post and tell me if you think those people deserve the ranks they have...

I understand people pvp inside of chill rooms and it's a great place for a lot of players to learn how to pvp when they first start off without getting stomped in 1v1 rooms. BUT if they give as much EXP as they currently do, then PvP ranks are (As they are currently) utterly meaningless. As i stated earlier, Rank atm is a glorified playtime counter. I'm perfectly fine if people fight in chill rooms, but that's not their main intent and nor will that ever BE the main focus of Chill rooms.

Comment

I think ranks should stay the same. Only person who needs their rank reset is Slash, since I have never actually seen him anywhere in pvp from personal experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Randomguy View Post
                      I think ranks should stay the same. Only person who needs their rank reset is Slash, since I have never actually seen him anywhere in pvp from personal experience.
                      Well sorry but this is going to be rude. If you think ranks are fine as they are now, then you're probably a chill roomer who did nothing for his rank... People who don't deserve their ranks are outranking people who put actual effort in and it completely invalidates the ranking system.

Comment

It's fine, I really don't care. i just enjoy the game

Comment

Originally posted by Barbarian View Post
                          Figured that the server transfer would fix this issue as (Going off second-hand information) PvP info was meant to be left on the old server. But clearly that didn't happen, now did it.

The abundance of people who obtained their ranks from chill rooming is ludicrous. Chill rooms in general (Again, going off second-hand information here) were meant to be banned after the transfer. Clearly, this didn't happen and the leaderboard is still polluted with people who achieve their rank by doing absolutely nothing. You'll notice in the image that a lot of people included aren't respawners, aren't 1v1ers and aren't group pvpers. This list is far too long (And i was being lenient, I could probably double the list if I had the time to waste on it, and I still might when I get the chance) to be considered "trivial".

I propose we reset the pvp ranks, i know this is a concept that's been thrown around a LOT in the PvP community, but with a new host, we can hopefully make it happen.
                          (Before I get some response like "HEATHEN! U JST WUNT RANKS RESET CUZ U TRASH" or something, I personally wouldn't care what my rank is... I just want them to mean something again. Also, this isn't the be all and end all, this thread is to just open a discussion and hopefully move it forward.... If we ever see ED staff on these forums)

http://imgur.com/jtfkZpk

If you want more information regarding the topic, please check out this forum post

http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/su...ased-pvp-ranks
                          I'm confused... Some of the lower blue ranks on your list have thousands of kills and thousands of deaths, and as your list reaches the top, the numbers (overall) is going up. This shows correlation... There are a few outliers of course like furymike, irene, etc. but still for the majority, it seems to me they have earned there rank according to your list. Personally speaking, most of the people that are high in rank are old players that played during a time where respawn was the only thing around... hence the high ranking.

Comment

f
                            Originally posted by Rokanji View Post

I'm confused... Some of the lower blue ranks on your list have thousands of kills and thousands of deaths, and as your list reaches the top, the numbers (overall) is going up. This shows correlation... There are a few outliers of course like furymike, irene, etc. but still for the majority, it seems to me they have earned there rank according to your list. Personally speaking, most of the people that are high in rank are old players that played during a time where respawn was the only thing around... hence the high ranking.
                            If you would care to point out the ones that you find to be placed on that list falsely and i'll reply with my thought process and why they are on the list for each person. Ones that might stand out though would be:

-Slash - Need i explain this one?

- Julia - A level 40, clearly not still active and one hell of a farmer

- PaladinSente - Again, an inactive, hasn't levelled since 80 cap but still retains his rank. Throw in the fact that, as much as 13k kills is nothing to scoff at, it's not something that deserves the 4th highest rank in the game.

- KnightOfZ - " "

- Zyous - " "

But even if we remove the list from the equation in general, what is your position on resetting PvP ranks?

Comment

How did Julia even make the transfer? You mean to tell me a person who hasn't played since 40 cap bothered to transfer their account? Same thing with Slash.

Comment

Working...
                              X