Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dealing with Adept/Physician & Icewitch/Pyro ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with Adept/Physician & Icewitch/Pyro ?

I see these and i just instantly tell myself well that's another lost cause. This might seem like a rant/ OP shout thing like everyone else, but i genuinely want to learn how to deal with these classes. I do not want to have another match where a tink is juggling my while typing LMAO, LOL or just about anything for that matter. I hope that we are all at a point now that, I don't have to spend time explaining why said classes are absurd in pvp and ladder in particular.
    P.S. I play a glad, but suggestions from and for any class will be helpful in its own way if not to me then to someone else.

For Eles I tend to do this while playing gladiator

Bait out Icy Gust ( The move they can do out of tumble ) Eclipse them, if they don't Ptumble, Impact punch them. If they Ptumble, use Forward thrust.

Sorcs tend to be super paranoid so using side dodge straight towards them usually always end up with them tumbling or wasting FireWall.

I'm not amazing with Gladiator so i'm sure other glads have other ways to deal with them but being patient until they use icy gust and punishing them if they randomly use Frozen Swords is how I go about it.

As for Tinks, They have 1 evade. Just be super aggressive and don't give them any breathing room which is coincidentally what gladiator is all about.

But for the most part knowing what the other class is capable of is the main part of pvp. Such as their cooldowns on important skills, the range of their skills, and the bread and butter tactics for each class. It's better for you to play more and find this stuff out on your own instead of having it spoon fed to you, otherwise you'll have trouble retaining that knowledge.

Best of luck to you man

Comment

This is from SEA forums... I hope it be useful:

http://forum.cherrycredits.com/topic.../#entry2966724

Comment

Spam Soul Breath until they get upset that you're hitting them with like 29 tons of pixie dust every five seconds and counter their attack when they go in on you ea$y moneh
        Guild Master of FluffyTail
        Donkay#9247

Donkay - 93 Inquisitor | Donkali - 93 Soul Eater

Donkali's Guide | Twitch

Comment

For tinks, go ham and pressure them after baiting out some skills (ex: magma punch, contagion, toxic spill); you can probably do this by approaching close and backing off, or predicting and dodging at right times. They can't handle much close fighting after wasting these skills.
          Similar with sorcs tbh.

(I'd give legit tips but I don't play glad sorry)

Primary things to watch out for
          > Do not waste your evades (ex: only evade when you need to, or AE as they toxic spray so they don't recatch you).
          > Try playing as some of these classes. This is literally one of the best ways (if not best) to learn about how to fight them.
          And of course, continue practicing.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTa8bL-6FYob best guide

Comment

Right Click Forward Thrust unawakened.

Sorc's is a matchup that depends on who gets out of neutral first, and your role as a glad is mow down rush down. You wanna charge in, and bait something like icy gust or any sort of unsafe move and just go in with either a forward thrust if the distance is far or a triple slash if you're close.

Tink is similar in that if you don't run them over as fast as possible you're going to get the crap beaten out of you by absurd faceroll and some less than desirable usage of poison pools.

Issue with just running in blindly is that if you use regular forward thrust you're just asking to eat a crisis, which turns into a free stagger. Right click fixes this by launching them first, forcing them to use their AE and preventing a crisis since they are airborne. Without an AE you can expect them to start playing conservatively, and as a glad that's your time to rush in like a madman. Bait a tumble by doing two hits of triple slash, and when they dodge to avoid the third forward thrust them into the air again. Don't drop. Or just launch with triple.

Basically trigger their AE ASAP, and if you want try to bait the crisis out for tinks. Sorc just bait a gust approach or FT in deep.

Comment

Working...
              X