R.i.p 2017 pvp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.i.p 2017 pvp

Phys- perma down poison thats recastable before the skill even ends so much skill devs wonder how that went past testing
    Engineer- has she placed towers? games over as she proceeds to run around her turrets all game while you do nothing possible to get back into the game
    Chaos mage- DERP timestop-poison-gravity ball EX another perma down than not even AE can help you from GG lmao.
    Adept- If you dont beat her early you're fucked as she proceeds to spam anything in her keyboard in any order and deal shit tons of damage. better time your AE correctly more so than you need too with other classes because if not you auto-lose.
    LK- every skill downs and breaks SA so make sure to dodge every ability
    Destroyer- weaker out of the rest but still has the maelstrom get out of jail free ability with infinite SA that will tear u apart
    Witches- if you dont end this early you're fucked as she proceeds to freeze you and destroy you in one combo
    Ravens- Not as cancerous as the rest of the classes but they have more SA and more dexterity and mobility than the mobility class of the game acro's multiple escapes etc.
    Notice I'm not even accounting to the classes banlists that add more OP shit into these peoples kits this is whats generally accepeted.
    First off, if you're not playing one of the classes mentioned above you're at a handicap every one if these classes has some OP/broken shit about them that puts them ahead of everyone else. Matches seem more rock-paper-scissors and just matters if your class has a better kit designed for your opponents or not. Against a mage or tink if you dont have a power tumble you're basically fucked as soon as you get poison spilled on you as they proceed to unload their whole skill-slot onto you.
    I dont play crusaders but they seem to have the best kit to handle this disaster of PVP we have lately as their SA can stop lots of these abilites and most of their skills cant get canceled.
    Overall pvp is trash and not srs to take at this point and anyone who plays the above classes deserve no respect for how good they are on a broken class.

PvP is dead and shouldn't be taken seriously you say?!

why, this is the first time I've ever heard this before. Tell me more, prophet
    Tiny - ShootingStar
    Futanari - Defensio

???? - Ray Mechanic
    Moon#8229

Comment

Sorry but i 100% agree.

Merc and glad are practically useless in pvp compared to all the spam classes.

1 AE to escape combos that dont even let you move on the floor lol.

as you said AE cant even escape poison. The devs are fucking braindead

Comment

Stop wasting your AE and bait the poison.
        AE only when you get lifted in the poison.
        Bunch of these are getting nerfed soon any way but it won't matter because you'll probably still find something to complain about.

Comment

warriors are top tier tf u talkin about

Comment

Originally posted by Noobmerc View Post
            Sorry but i 100% agree.

I can't even begin to go into everything wrong with this post in particular. Like holy crap. GLAD? MERC? USELESS IN PVP LOL?

But putting that stuff aside, the only one I agree with is phys. You basically have to hope you can hitstun a tink until you can combo for 10 seconds or else it's totally viable for her to just sit in a poison pool with her thumb up her bum.

Everyone always says PvP is dead, but I still find competitive value in it despite it being a laggy unbalanced competitive game lol. Basically what I'm saying is you'll get over it, learn some matchup details, and come back.

Comment

For the most part everything that Wonder said is true, only thing i disagree with, is warrior being useless. If it's 1vs1 following bl rules, swordmaster is 1 of the classes that benefits the most out of these rules, same with acrobats. As much as I don't like it, most of the classes are played this way cause that is how they were designed... I play cleric and we are also pretty broken atm, only class that legit takes no skill atm is Physician. Adept borderline takes no skill also, dunno if they actually got nerfed along with clerics or not, but if they didn't we are doomed.

The more broken the class you are fighting, the more I enjoy it when I win tbh. There's no greater feeling than beating a chaos mage or phys/adept.

I remember when pyro had that op dps, but then they got a SLIGHT dmg nerf on 2 skills. Their nerf was miniscule compared to snipers, but over half of the pyro's are missing, I wonder where they went, HMMMM...
              Last edited by ImNotYourPal; 01-25-2017, 03:24 PM.

Comment

fBait the poison really? they don't use it unless you're down they're not stupid. The problem gets worse as you faced more experienced mages that are able to use their class to the full potential. Not only do we have a broken class but now we have someone that handles all the OP shit in her kit pretty damn well and you have no chance to deal with them.
                Going off what the guy said about warriors it's somewhat true. Right now Mercs are one of the weakest PvP 1v1 AND Group pvp classes and let me explain why. Because of all the broken shit going on with the game at the moment unless you have a power tumble to get yourself out of this mess you're screwed. Gladiators have a distinct advantage because they have brush-off+ feint which is essentially a power-tumble that can be used defensively and offensively. Their skills also break SA for no effort or planning whatsoever example Eclipse. not to mention Forward thrust across the map thats basically instant cast these days. They have a strong kit for the current problem with DN atm.
                Lunar Knights on the other hand don't have a kit so adaptable. However, that doesn't mean they're weak either they have skills that break SA like its a slice of cheese Moonlight Splitter/ Eclipse. Not to mention almost every one of their skills downs you instantly. Couple that with an instant tornado that can be used in any situation and you have your way for a strong broken class in its own right.
                Mercs as of right now are the SHIT of pvp. Mercs used to be represented by high SA low mobility sub-tank. Thats what they USED to be. Now however, they have less SA then Ravens who are a mobility class what.....? they have the lowest SA in the game everyone of their skills can be interupted with ease. They're left with NO SA AND no mobility. skills take forever to cast and with all this mobility creep coming along with Lencea/Sins etc..... we have such a disadvantage.
                This last part is what some people haven't noticed. Crisis Howl is no longer effective. These days theres so many classes that can stun you from a safe distance away where crisis howl cannot affect them. Now that normally didn't use to be a problem but now they're able to down you from distances away while your skill is left useless. I'm sure anyone who's fought a raven knows a good example of this when they hit you with 1 ability from a distance away and are able to down you AND close the distance and continue to combo you. But this can be seen with other classes aswell.
                However those are my thought i would love to hear what your guys thoughts are

Comment

Meant bait phys poison lol
                  Sorc you have to primarily bait combo starters (usually blink right clicks). I will admit chaos mages are difficult to fight; really have to pay attention to gravity crush cd and wait for them to use gb before going in. Other sorcs are fine imo tbh.

Every class has potential. It's just up to you to get better. Yes, there will be some bad matchups but practice will make it an even matchup. Play the class itself if you need to.
                  Also if you're getting angry from a game, you might want to take a break lol. Games are meant to have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by BoyWonder View Post
                    fBait the poison really? they don't use it unless you're down they're not stupid. The problem gets worse as you faced more experienced mages that are able to use their class to the full potential. Not only do we have a broken class but now we have someone that handles all the OP shit in her kit pretty damn well and you have no chance to deal with them.
                    Going off what the guy said about warriors it's somewhat true. Right now Mercs are one of the weakest PvP 1v1 AND Group pvp classes and let me explain why. Because of all the broken shit going on with the game at the moment unless you have a power tumble to get yourself out of this mess you're screwed. Gladiators have a distinct advantage because they have brush-off+ feint which is essentially a power-tumble that can be used defensively and offensively. Their skills also break SA for no effort or planning whatsoever example Eclipse. not to mention Forward thrust across the map thats basically instant cast these days. They have a strong kit for the current problem with DN atm.
                    Lunar Knights on the other hand don't have a kit so adaptable. However, that doesn't mean they're weak either they have skills that break SA like its a slice of cheese Moonlight Splitter/ Eclipse. Not to mention almost every one of their skills downs you instantly. Couple that with an instant tornado that can be used in any situation and you have your way for a strong broken class in its own right.
                    Mercs as of right now are the SHIT of pvp. Mercs used to be represented by high SA low mobility sub-tank. Thats what they USED to be. Now however, they have less SA then Ravens who are a mobility class what.....? they have the lowest SA in the game everyone of their skills can be interupted with ease. They're left with NO SA AND no mobility. skills take forever to cast and with all this mobility creep coming along with Lencea/Sins etc..... we have such a disadvantage.
                    This last part is what some people haven't noticed. Crisis Howl is no longer effective. These days theres so many classes that can stun you from a safe distance away where crisis howl cannot affect them. Now that normally didn't use to be a problem but now they're able to down you from distances away while your skill is left useless. I'm sure anyone who's fought a raven knows a good example of this when they hit you with 1 ability from a distance away and are able to down you AND close the distance and continue to combo you. But this can be seen with other classes aswell.
                    I'm going to pick this argumentative of yours apart because I know you mean well to vent your frustrations but you are way off.

You can bait a poison as a merc, using brush off while in poison sets you in a standing position, you just have to tumble afterwards. It works, but you have to sometimes try to compensate for server lag and if you're particularly scummy you can even force ghost to warp your way out of it. Cheeky as heck, but yea.

Mercs are not one of the weakest PvP for 1v1 at the least, and the reason why is their AoEs are OK, but all of their core skills have pretty nice AoE to begin with. They nerfed the blast ranges of I think "Bombs Away", which is a giant explosion, and Circle Swing, an approach/bait option for punishing panic tumbles and awarding good spacing. Stomp got nerfed in that it doesn't slow as much, but it still hits very suddenly. A glads radius he has to be constantly facing his opponent so as long as you don't stand smack in front of him you aren't getting hit. You'll see a lot of competent mercs using the two initial hit confirm hits of Circle Swing to space themselves away from their foe, and then turning around to launch them with the final swing. You'll see a lot of competent mercs do two side kicks to stay a certain distance, drop a stomp, and then see how the opponent reacts. This is another gud AoE core skill of mercs.

Making this even better is the barb tree, which gives them a new option to approach with Circle and stomp. Bait a tumble with the first two hit confirms of circle, and then chain it into God Swing, which does hilariously great damage. Force a roll by missing a stomp, and when they roll away from the stomps launcher, use bombs away since they rolled off right into its hit radius. Mercs don't need to rely on a power tumble, they just have to play footisies with their opponents and keep them out with random bursts of gud damage. I mean for gods sake, Destroyers can START the game with Roll Attack. Make sure your opponent is AWARE you can do that, and they'll start being hesitant to approach. Approaching a good merc without a plan is asking to die because mercs capitalize hard on other people screwing up.

Glad matchup with merc depends on how good the glads rushdown is and how good the mercs spacing is. Both classes can rush and space, but more often than now what settles a match will be if a glad can avoid or attack around a merc skill. Brush off -> Feint is good for them but that basically ensures a crisis, and if it doesn't work just back off since your hit state resets anyway. Now he's 45 seconds without Brush AE, get to eating his other evades.

Lunar Knights on the other hand don't have a kit so adaptable
                    That's bull. If you played the other classes to learn their kits you would realize Moonlords have like the most adaptable kit around at the moment, because Moonlords can do something better than brush off -> feint, they can brush off -> Eclipse, which is honestly a fantastic move that hits like 8 times if you're close to an opponent, like, say, getting combo'd. It launches, hits like a monster truck, and forces an AE out. A ML can destroy a merc just by spamming his awakening skills and nothing more because every core merc skill can't be tumble cancelled, and ML can just throw a nado at any skill they use and eat mercs ONLY AE.

Moonlords are arguably the class with the highest skill floor at the moment because even randumb moonlords can beat competent players simply because their absurd lifts, wonderful damage, great poking utility, amazing mobility, colossal Super Armor, and incredible SaB. And its sad because you can tell they suck because they miss like 5 skills, land one because you didn't have a fifth evade, and all of a sudden crescent cleave -> MBD -> Line Drive -> Smash X -> HMS gg.

One thing I forgot to mention is mercs have incredibly good SaB. Like, amazingly good. Freaking dash attack has like 1600 SaB since it can break HMS lol, and it launches them, too. So in terms of SA, you have low SA, but really nice SaB. Not every one of their skills can be interrupted "with ease" either, if that were they case you would see more people contesting circle swing. People don't. They get the hell away from there, that is a scary core utility move that will lead to some serious damage if you try to contest it without a plan. Mercs do have mobility skills as well. Hell, just right clicking like a madman is a mobility skill, its basically an auxiliary tumble that offers you fast methods for easy spacing if you learn its distance.

Crisis howl at best was a gamble since like 60% of the time it gets autocancelled for no reason. If you're getting stunned from super safe good distances you need to learn what they did to read your movement option because it just sounds like you ran into an attack like an idiot.

Sins have infinite utility. Their left click can relaunch bounce and chain into another launch from varying distances, thats just you messing up the matchup if you thought as a merc you could pull it off. If you're a merc, roll attack or whirlwind. If you miss you lose because sins don't really give a crap about anything else, they have evades with CD's that just don't care.

Practice your class and try to find out why other people are capitalizing on your movements before whining that its because the class they picked is better.

Then when you lose blame lag.

Comment

Phys- perma down poison thats recastable before the skill even ends so much skill devs wonder how that went past testing
                      Engineer- has she placed towers? games over as she proceeds to run around her turrets all game while you do nothing possible to get back into the game
                      Chaos mage- DERP timestop-poison-gravity ball EX another perma down than not even AE can help you from GG lmao.
                      Adept- If you dont beat her early you're fucked as she proceeds to spam anything in her keyboard in any order and deal shit tons of damage. better time your AE correctly more so than you need too with other classes because if not you auto-lose.
                      LK- every skill downs and breaks SA so make sure to dodge every ability
                      Destroyer- weaker out of the rest but still has the maelstrom get out of jail free ability with infinite SA that will tear u apart
                      Witches- if you dont end this early you're fucked as she proceeds to freeze you and destroy you in one combo
                      Ravens- Not as cancerous as the rest of the classes but they have more SA and more dexterity and mobility than the mobility class of the game acro's multiple escapes etc.
                      Notice I'm not even accounting to the classes banlists that add more OP shit into these peoples kits this is whats generally accepeted.
                      First off, if you're not playing one of the classes mentioned above you're at a handicap every one if these classes has some OP/broken shit about them that puts them ahead of everyone else. Matches seem more rock-paper-scissors and just matters if your class has a better kit designed for your opponents or not. Against a mage or tink if you dont have a power tumble you're basically fucked as soon as you get poison spilled on you as they proceed to unload their whole skill-slot onto you.
                      I dont play crusaders but they seem to have the best kit to handle this disaster of PVP we have lately as their SA can stop lots of these abilites and most of their skills cant get canceled.
                      Overall pvp is trash and not srs to take at this point and anyone who plays the above classes deserve no respect for how good they are on a broken class.
                      ...I play a raven though they aren't really broken tbh if anything underpowered
                      DeathlyShade 95 Raven
                      MisticKiller
                      95 DarkAvenger
                      GodTheTeen
                      95 Guardian
                      ShadeOfAbyss 95 AbyssWalker
                      ????????? 95 BleedPhantom
                      Your Favorite God Of Death

Comment

Originally posted by Noobmerc View Post
                        Sorry but i 100% agree.

u wot m8? is this a joke or are you a joke lul

Comment

is this nigga serious? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Comment

Working...
                          X