Ladder / pvp stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladder / pvp stuff

Hey guys, I used to play DN long time ago (SEA/EU) and Im considering to play it again. Since Im a pvp guy I wonder how is the ladder/population on this server. EU ladder was kinda dead back on the day, thats why Im worried. Is it worth it?

Ladder is kinda iffy.

General PvP scene we get a few 1v1 rooms open every now and again and basically after like 2 rounds you get a new person to fight.

Honestly game is doing kinda OK, so if you're interested in PvP go ahead. Of course be wary of general lag. Server lag is less than Nexon's but it still is prevalent.

Comment

IMO ladder is the best it's ever been. A lot of the pvp vets like Reita and Zeplic play it often now, as they realized gear isn't EVERYTHING in ladder, and they do quite well.

It will never be as active as SEAs ladder (they have 2 pages of matches going on at one time) but it is active.

Comment

good to know, ty guys.. I'll give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by iHeavencent View Post
          IMO ladder is the best it's ever been. A lot of the pvp vets like Reita and Zeplic play it often now, as they realized gear isn't EVERYTHING in ladder, and they do quite well.

It will never be as active as SEAs ladder (they have 2 pages of matches going on at one time) but it is active.
          "Gear isn't everything" what

IGN's: Kaeju - 90 Smasher
          Repetitive - 90 Sting Breezer
          zLuniere - 90 Soul Eater

"Adults are troublesome creatures."

Comment

Originally posted by Repetitive View Post

"Gear isn't everything" what
            IMO as long as you aren't wearing Berlin gear and have some pvp skill you can win matches. Not saying you can be the best, but it isn't a gear stompfest quite like the ladder before.
            Last edited by iHeavencent; 02-02-2017, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Actually this is the worst I have ever seen ladder. Since enhancements matter now, raw stats factor harder than old ladder now, and gear grade makes even bigger tier difference than any other cap. It was easier to do old ladder. I could roll +0 gear and blue crests and be just fine. If anything this new ladder is the most GEAR based of every cap. don't believe it? Look at how many ransoms and gear carried people are at higher tiers. When equalized ladder was around that magical list of people completely reversed LMFAO.

Still possible, but less than any other cap. Good luck for above average and less skilled players unless you are gear carried and lag like hell(like most of the higher tier people). The reason you might be thinking it's so much easier this cap is because some of the good players you seen didn't bother laddering other caps due to lack of incentive and their skill heavily overshadow the gear balance to some extent. Takes more than just your average epic set to get far or decent. Unless your definition of decent is 1800. Neither do I want to get into the topic of class carries as every other cap was terrible balance but never as bad as 93.

This ladder is definitely the most gear fested class carry there is.
              Last edited by Hope; 02-02-2017, 07:49 AM.

Comment

^ I agree with gear carrying ladder this cap tbh.
                Comboing for at LEAST 40 seconds+ but opponents will literally kill me in maybe 10s.
                Wearing 93 rupes gear too, so no, not Berlin.
                Yes, I can still win matches, but it takes way more effort for me to kill them.

IMO ladder was WAY easier to win with crud gear in previous caps.
                Last edited by Caramel; 02-02-2017, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Then my mistake, maybe I'm biased on personal experience when I lose. Whenever I fight great Warriors like Reita, ganik, Demolish, Etherious, Pocator, and others they beat me with pure skill and combos - and I know I defintately outgear most of them. Maybe that's where I get that impression from and it's not the same for everyone.

I have also fought well known and geared-to-teeth PVErs and I won most of the time against them. So that skews my bias as well.
                  Last edited by iHeavencent; 02-02-2017, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Hope
                    Hope commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Reita has gear specifically tailored to magic classes and will most definitely lose to most phys classes unless you play that horribly vs him, ganik is geared, demolish is geared, Etherious is me and I had a full rufus set to only win vs you 30% of the time, Pocator is geared. When I say someone is geared they have L grades or high end rufus. Mercs can also just debuff your buffs which is why you are more likely to die. Skill can still overshadow gear, but not to the extent it used to in previous caps. IMO though I could write an essay about it

• Motee
                    Motee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This nigga said ganik is a great warrior

• iHeavencent
                    iHeavencent commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Every rock has its scissor, as well its paper. He may be easy for you but he's tough for me.

I mean at least it's not like the past ladders where I would run out of mana because they lived through 3 minutes of straight combos

Comment

Originally posted by Spellsman View Post
                    I mean at least it's not like the past ladders where I would run out of mana because they lived through 3 minutes of straight combos
                    Now you get to run out of Mana cause you're dashing for 3 minutes trying to catch kiters.

Comment

Originally posted by Philemena View Post

Now you get to run out of Mana cause you're dashing for 3 minutes trying to catch kiters.
                      Everyone has dash now too orz

Comment

I can agree on this
                        Discord - Steve#4350
                        YouTube
                        Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by iHeavencent View Post

IMO as long as you aren't wearing Berlin gear and have some pvp skill you can win matches. Not saying you can be the best, but it isn't a gear stompfest quite like the ladder before.
                          I have 160k with 21% dark as a WM and my damage doesn't even compare to other awakened classes who can wipe me having average or less than average gear, so it's kinda gross still tbh.

IGN's: Kaeju - 90 Smasher
                          Repetitive - 90 Sting Breezer
                          zLuniere - 90 Soul Eater

"Adults are troublesome creatures."

Comment

Working...
                          X