General question about PvP and Hybrid builds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General question about PvP and Hybrid builds

I have a bunch of different characters I'm leveling with the event right now, and I as I make/find builds for them I kinda had a question. So far on the others I've leveled I've gone with PvP focused builds, figuring that they will suit me well enough for PvE as well. I don't like sticking to one thing (main reason why I'm leveling a bunch of different characters across all classes), and in that same light I don't only want to do PvP or PvE, I want to do both equally.

So I guess my question is, will my PvP focused builds suit me for both or should I be finding hybrid builds? I'd heard from a friend that Hybrid builds make you weaker in PvP so I should do PvP builds, but then what about when I do PvE? Will it still work?
    IGNs: (Preference for Sorceress/Kali)
    Chaos Mage - Karou / Ice Witch - Alteia / Pyromancer- Eivia
    Dark Summoner - Saski / Blade Dancer - Lummel
    Dragoon - Novai
    Defensio - Zeachi
    Physician - Sylvee
    Sniper - Kyrine
    Saint - Akiva

Join my guild, Clockwork: Mainly PvE but all are welcome!
    Mega New Player Assistance Thread
    Raid Team For New Players Thread
    Dragon Nest Discord Link
    Discord: Clockwork Raven#9325

Going for the 2nd skill page is the best option, but a hybrid build can work out. You will not have the best dmg overall tho in PvE and PvP
    | Discord: Rinkie#3775 |

Comment

Depends on class
      sorcs have a lot of free sp so their pve/pvp hybrid builds are all the same LOL

if your class is really sp tight (lk, guardian) then a hybrid build is... doable but honestly painful to make work and better off dedicating the tree to pve or pv
      if you don't want to buy the 2nd tree can make another char with a different build
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
      Who guards the guardians?

Comment

• ClockworkRaven
        ClockworkRaven commented
        Editing a comment
        Does buying the second tree apply to all characters if you get it or do you have to buy one for each? I just looked into it and buying one for each seems pricey, since I've got 5 characters at the moment and a few more I want to make..

So basically from what I can tell it would be better to try and make a PvP build work in PvE than to make a PvE build and try to make it work in PvP, yeah? That is if I didn't want to make a new character or buy a dual skill scroll.
      IGNs: (Preference for Sorceress/Kali)
      Chaos Mage - Karou / Ice Witch - Alteia / Pyromancer- Eivia
      Dark Summoner - Saski / Blade Dancer - Lummel
      Dragoon - Novai
      Defensio - Zeachi
      Physician - Sylvee
      Sniper - Kyrine
      Saint - Akiva

Join my guild, Clockwork: Mainly PvE but all are welcome!
      Mega New Player Assistance Thread
      Raid Team For New Players Thread
      Dragon Nest Discord Link
      Discord: Clockwork Raven#9325

Comment

• Fabulous
        Fabulous commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, most PVP builds can work in PVE, but usually not the other way around. As Ceru said, though, some classes are very flexible with their builds. Sorcs have viable PVE/PVP hybrid builds. If you decide that you want to do this for sorc, let me know and I'll help you out.

• ClockworkRaven
        ClockworkRaven commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be great if you could get me Sorc builds, actually. Currently I have a CM, Pyro and Ice Witch set aside. I just want to make sure my builds aren't making me fall behind in PvP while still allowing me to do PvE with friends or solo. To be honest, I reserved names on about 16 characters (mostly to try them after reading their abilities, not sure if I'm keeping them all honestly) and I didn't want to have to buy scrolls for all of them if in an extreme case I decided to keep them all, and obviously I don't have room to duplicate them all. Being slightly new to the game (started in February) as well, I wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time with grinding characters, and wanted confirmation on some things.
    Working...
    X