• Show
Clear All

• Mastering The concept of PvP

Click image for larger version

Name:	ejih6s (1).jpg
Views:	200
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	81

PvP is like a gigantic box. As soon as you start the game you are located slap dab in the center of said hypothetical figure.

Important: Let's rid the textual definition of "main" for the sake of this thread and replace it with our own definition. Main = a class that is played at an above average skill level. Keep in mind that you can still play main #1 at master level without opening the further "gates", but your understanding of PvP as a whole will be obstructed.

It's also important to note that each "main" should have a different base class than the next. It's completely acceptable to own two of the same base class "mains", but more than three will hinder your performance.
    Opening the Eight Gates: The Octobox

•1 You begin by defending your first main to the core. You see this by people justifying that their class is harder to play than class x.

•2 As your journey progresses, you decide to pick up another class. You again decide that this main needs to be justified because "it sure as hell isn't as overpowered as class x".

•3 The transition phase to gate 4. This phase is crucial, it’s the foundation of everything. Your 3rd main creates a point where you’re at a loss, confused on what to do, what to play, and maybe even what’s fun to some. It's suggested that you move on as quickly as possible to see the bigger picture as if you don’t you’ll be in an endless cycle of creating new characters based on what is currently “OverPowered”. Stuck with the mentality, “If you can’t beat them, join them” dragging you along to no extent.

•4 Your fourth "main" takes your skill level and molds it into a shape that resembles a deformed circle (not perfectly symmetrical, but just enough roundness to better shape you as a player). At this point, you're starting to realize that all the classes that you've “mained” have some sort of counter play against each other. Hypothetically speaking, main 1 has counter-play against main 2, and main 3 has counter-play against main 4.

•5 Main five allows you to understand how your past characters can benefit future comboing, evasiveness, and an all-around understanding of mechanics.

•6 Main six allows a spiritual passing through the box we created. Your mains hold unison, only complimenting each other’s play styles. You're starting to develop an immunity to justifying your classes (on a serious level, but complaining for fun won't hinder your performance).

•7 A gate many might overlook, it’s when you care for nothing and everything concurrently, again at a loss, confused at what to do/play. It’s the fall before the rise.

•8 Your mind is opened. The box is visible from the outside. Every main you've owned to this point is easy to play. Every class you create can be picked up with ease and you can easily distinguish the effort different classes take to master. A synergy is formed within your play style. Bias is completely lost within classes as you can now view the classes in a spectrum. Versing any class becomes ridiculously simple as you have experienced the plays and counter plays first hand. Dragon Nest in itself becomes rock-paper-scissors as your experience is divided evenly between mains. Click image for larger version

Name:	ejih6s 1(1).jpg
Views:	332
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	82

Once you've unlocked all eight "gates" you can understand things you never could with only one open. As if you have a sixth sense, you close your box and move on, only left to watch as others aspire to close theirs
    Last edited by Spellsman; 09-22-2016, 09:12 PM.

Lol?

A tale of autism and Incompetence

Comment

learned a lot
      Vanquisher of brown ranks

Comment

The meme has survived...
        OG Salad and full time memer.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkyMcSadSad View Post
          The meme has survived...
          darkie pls choose different avatar

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorUmi View Post

darkie pls choose different avatar
            how 'bout u stop spelling it like that. it grosses me out. also im bringin the classic with me. i dont ever want to forget my identity in these forums.
            OG Salad and full time memer.

Comment

a
              Originally posted by DarkyMcSadSad View Post

how 'bout u stop spelling it like that. it grosses me out. also im bringin the classic with me. i dont ever want to forget my identity in these forums.
              damn son.

Comment

Noooooooope
                Last edited by Inaros; 09-22-2016, 11:15 PM.
                Discord - Steve#4350
                YouTube
                Twitch

Comment

Are you trying to kill me, because I almost died when I saw this.
                  Spell Damage +1.
                  Battlecry: Draw a Card.

Comment

The Octobox isn't even my real main.

Comment

420 praise it \[T]/

Comment

Working...
                      X