Lol, they broke the already broken Dark Summoners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol, they broke the already broken Dark Summoners

They already kinda broke all Kalis when they changed Skeletal Distraction and didn't nerf any of their damage ;/.

Oh wait, their damage already made them broken

Comment

yeah that's mad dumb...

i'm jw why the hate always directed towards DS tho as if the other 3 kalis aren't broken??

Comment

Originally posted by Zeref View Post
        yeah that's mad dumb...

i'm jw why the hate always directed towards DS tho as if the other 3 kalis aren't broken??

My 2 cents:
        Screamers have just always been the cheesier Kalis up until about 90 cap. Once awakenings came, the cheesyness of all 4 kinda balanced out (all being rather broken). However, Screamers are just gonna have a pretty bad stigma sticking with them. DS was just viewed as a really easy class compared to others. At one point, it was the goto class when you needed to farm someone in chill rooms.

If you really really really want to know why DS is the mascot for team ihatekalis, I can go into some detail of their history (there's more...). Chain Claw on a 10.5s cd doing 10k dmg with a ~20% chance to reset when used with 2 lifts of 400 sab each, not camera locked. Phantom Claw's range, sab, low cd, not camera locked, and double lift. Rampage Claw's stun and dmg. Chaos's aoe, slow, sab, lifts, and dmg. The old puppet. HoV having a suction with sab, not camera locked, and a lift, Blitz Claw's enormous utility/dmg, the old puppet.. you get the point. Much of those have changed a little bit, but the bad lingering smell of the old DS is still there. Currently (until we get that update) having Deadly Claw means you just had to kinda survive as a DS until you had that buff and then.. well, extremely overwhelming and easy to use offense utility with pretty good damage all at medium range.
        Soul Eater was just curse and snakes ins. (Pure dmg that some people could at least fight against). Now they just have curse..
        Spirit Dancer was always dusk hunter, stalker, and praetor/gdb. Praetor/gdb require 2-3 buffs and their opponent in a combo-locked state. The second/third hit of praetor has always been dodge/jumpable. Gdb has a little gap before the last 2 dmging hits (which can also be dodged).. etc (fun fact: praetor was nerfed before awakenings came. Now it does a tiny bit less than it used to in pvp).
        BD's 50 has always had 600 sa. They can't reliably use it at range. Chakram Storm before did decent damage but was bugged with not lifting opponents at the end, making it forced to be used in combos.

tl;dr: The point is, the other 3 kalis have always had their own unique fuzzy weakness. (Avoid dancer's 32s/50s and curse/snakes and you can have a fight). Whereas with DS, the offensive utility has always been too much of a pain to get around. They nerfed its damage in 90 cap significantly, but that was issue #2. Issue #1, the offensive utility, was never really changed.
        Also, the hate for DS in this thread is probably because this thread is specifically about a single big change to DS for pvp so ...

Comment

• SkitzoRoy
          SkitzoRoy commented
          Editing a comment
          60-80 cap was DS's prime time. I listed most of the really "cheesy" things that DS has had going for them in previous caps. And yeah, like I said "Once awakenings came, the cheesyness of all 4 kinda balanced out (all being rather broken)."
          I wouldn't say DS are painted as the worst of the Kalis now. They're just kinda like the goto idea of broken Kalis. Tbh, I'd say BD has the potential of being the most broken now (DS later with this apparent extra 15 sec AE).

-Curse is still very much op. However there is still counter play to it. Spirit Creeps has 400 sa and 50 sab per hit on a 13 second cooldown. Humiliation puts a debuff on the opponent that helps out Spirit Creeps. So, 9 times out of 10, you're going to see Humiliation → Spirit Creeps every 13 seconds. While SEs do also have Chain Claw, the likeliness that they will lift/put you in a combo from anything else is a bit unlikely, but definitely not impossible.

-Dusk Hunter EX was managable. It wasn't an instant 400 sab lift. Being either really close and tumbling forward or really far away is still a way to deal with Dusk Hunter. Chain Claw can't simply be dodge by tumbling forward. Dusk Hunter awakened is op.. Stalker EX is a free lift 90% of the time, but this can be SA tanked by some classes. GDB having a 22 sec cd doesn't mean anything because it won't do significant damage on an opponent that knows how to properly dodge it if GDB is just thrown out. It requires proper setup otherwise opponents can roll or auto-stand before the last 2 hits (the ones that do dmg). Praetor EX is cheesy, yeah. But, if you see Sting, you should know that Praetor EX is gonna be coming out, so, playing passively for 10 seconds can help. Its also a 40 second cooldown.

-For BD, before, not having the lift work on the 32 ex made it drop combos a lot. It was also a 32 second cooldown before awakenings. Now, its definitely op. But like I said before, BD has the potential to be the cheesiest now.

Again, main point is, DS just has a bad stigma with it. But, everyone knows each Kali class is very strong now.

The devs said the change to Skeletal Distraction was a bug fix :^). But in reality, I think its just to bring more appeal to the Elder Oracle class.

• Zeref
          Zeref commented
          Editing a comment
          To me it looked like this new "AE" is just an active skill that can be used while they're in a standing state rather than a 2nd AE. I'm thinking similar to burning escape / inhale / energy blast?

But yeah the timing is too convenient to "fix" skeletal distraction after oracle elder release when they had all these years to do it

• SkitzoRoy
          SkitzoRoy commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it's a 2nd AE for sure.
          https://youtu.be/r2KPVM8VtwQ?t=1m21s 2nd AE used here.
          https://youtu.be/r2KPVM8VtwQ?t=1m30s AE used here (~10 sec difference, AE's cooldown is 18 sec).
          This happens many times through the vid with both players.
      Working...
      X