(New Player)Pros/Cons, Difference between GM & Tempest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (New Player)Pros/Cons, Difference between GM & Tempest

Hello, after going through various classes and playing them for a while, I’ve been into Gear Master and Tempest.

Could anyone give me some pros and cons, what they’re primarily used for and where? Especially in PvE. Which outscales others in terms of what?

I came from Tera, non-tap combat style, like DN. So, my control would be relatively good with some practice. (If this helps any)

They are totally different subclass from 2 different base class

I am not familiar with Tera so I will not be referencing anything from that.

I have both classes, I play them casually.

Gear Master
    • Pros
      • Easier gameplay than Tempests.
      • DPS revolves on summons and mechanic mode.
    • Cons
      • Lower DPS potential than Tempests.
      • limited escapes, once you get trap. (tho this might not be PvE at all LOL)
    Tempests
    • Pros
      • Higher survivability due to iFrame skills being available most of the time.
      • More agile gameplay than Gear Master.
    • Cons
      • Takes practice for optimum DPS sequence.
    Resource persons:
    for more information about each class, you can PM Xenocho for Gear Master and IJumpUJump for Tempests.
    Lorallite (Windwalker)

Comment

• ky5451
      ky5451 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your insight.

Just curious, which class(GM, Tempest) would people prefer more when it comes to raid/nests?

• nvLite
      nvLite commented
      Editing a comment
      I will be a bit bias here. I will opt to Tempest for the following reason:
      - it is close to my main
      - it is an archer :^)

kidding aside, Gear Masters, as far as I know, is part of the low tier DPS.
      It is not advisable for raids, as for nest, either will do.

• Chelly
      Chelly commented
      Editing a comment
      Archers would be more popular now in 95 cap for raid content due to the 10% critical damage buff where most people are struggling to cap

GM's role is DPS, half of which comes from summons and the other half comes from the GM itself.

A key issue with reliance on summons are mobile bosses and summon wipe mechanics.
    1. Mecha ducks are terrible at chasing mobile bosses and have quite silly AI, while tower resummon is a troublesome skill to use due to its long cast time
    2. Summon wipes also waste a lot of the GM's time as you will be faced with the dilemma of wasting time resummoning those tower and ducks or using the GM's own skills for burst. These depend on the availability of the window: if small window, it may be better to just burst with the GM.
    The combination of these issues restrict GM play. However if the bosses are less mobile, the GM would probably do damage on par with the tempest (using battleground testing methods which uses an immobile boss). But in reality, most nests and raids have mobile bosses and wipe mechs which are unfriendly to the GM.

The awakenings and cmiii placed less emphasis on summons. This slightly improves the GM standing but is still insufficient for the current meta. And upcoming boost for GM may change things; I myself am looking forward to that.
    Last edited by Xenocho; 11-13-2017, 07:31 PM. Reason: Reduced wall of text to a few pillars of sentences.
    Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
    Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
    Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

Both GM and Tempest are AGI classes and will stack AGI as their main stat.

They will have naturally high Patk and can hit the critical cap of 89% easily without much intensive gearing.

Xenocho has perfectly covered how GM game play will be like, revolving around summons (your ducks, your towers, not much on alferdo, and your own burst skills)

Tempests game play however, is quite different.

- Very melee class. You will stick to the boss 95% of the time unless there's mechanics that prevents you from doing so.
      - Combo Orientated. You will chain skills non stop. How well you chain your skills will determine how much damage you dish out.
      - Dodge everything. Tempest have on demand iframe that lets you evade boss skills while damaging the target at the same time. It is not as easy as it sounds because you will require intimate knowledge of the boss's attack patterns and plan your skill combos on the fly.
      - Bubble management. Like many classes, Tempests also has a bubble system (Air Current AC) that needs to be managed in order to fully maximize your damage output.

As the others mentioned, GM currently has some disadvantages in current content due to constant summon wipes. However, there will be skill balancing for SS and GM in the new future which might change the situation. And besides, lolis are cute <3

If you like a fast paced high octane combo oriented Chun-Li type of class that lives in the twilight of danger, go for Tempest.
      If you like to sit back and let your summons do thy bidding while you eat snacks from your lunchbox dispenser, go for GearMaster.

Edit: if you have more questions about each respective classes, feel free to check out their class sections in the forums. =)
      Last edited by IJumpUJump; 11-13-2017, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X