No announcement yet.

A message to Eyedentity.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go rant sir, no one will judge you. All people are already ranting cause it 's true
    Discord: DarkB1ad3r #5361

Comment

Lets make a boycott then... Its better than hoping for their ear...

Comment

What upsets me is that most of this can be solved by them simply having a more open channel of communication with their players...
        What to write here.

Comment

• imlouminare
          imlouminare commented
          Editing a comment
          they're too dumb and lazy to solve the problem.

Frankly, these types of 'protests' or 'riots' if you will happen at least half a dozen times a year by now. Yet every time, the whole thing eventually dies down after a brief period of time and everyone resumes their usual lives as if nothing ever happened. Every time this happens, it further strengthens ED's confidence in silence being the way to deal with this problem, because that is precisely what has been proven to work over the years. If people here expect real change, the only thing that will remotely work at this point is to perform a mass-boycott of either the game, or of spending on the game.

I believe it will be fairly appropriate if the next thread of this nature will be, instead, focused on boycotting ED's sources of revenue. I strongly doubt it will amass enough followers to make a difference, but at least it's attempting something new instead of rehashing the same old protest threads for the seventh-or-so time this year.

Comment

• Chocorroles
          Chocorroles commented
          Editing a comment
          sometimes is the same people who complain the same who go and throw 100 SGD in gacha

I dont think the mass-majority of DNSEA players can stop playing and logging-in. I mean look how this game turn people into zombies with the game becoming a chore rather than a game.

Comment

• NestyMcNestface
          NestyMcNestface commented
          Editing a comment
          Laughed and cried at the same time cuz it's true.

Are there any games similar to dragon nest?

Comment

• Vaddix
          Vaddix commented
          Editing a comment
          Black Desert Online is quite a good replacement for Dragon Nest but.... that game will totally kill potato PC

• Chocorroles
          Chocorroles commented
          Editing a comment
          lol you don't wanna play Black Desert. Actually you don't wanna play any other multiplayer online game in the market right now. Just stick to single player games.

• TashaGodspell
          TashaGodspell commented
          Editing a comment
          true i stop loggin in since the no fix of the rewards then the ftg change i rather play grim dawn and sword art online hollow realization

Read NA's forums...

We've had to deal with ED for over a year now, it will only get worse until we as players hold them accountable to their low standard of operating a game/business. Meaning, attaining a big enough following and hitting ED/Shanda where it really hurts, their wallets. I've been calling for a boycott on the NA side but there's too many zombies and not enough old school gamers and/or adults willing to make the tough choices to successfully boycott. Trouble is, even if we were able to successfully boycott ED/Shanda, chances are they'd just close the server, no more publisher means they can legally do that.

The reason for mass neglect of most players on ED's servers is DN2. Shanda is trying for the 2nd time to get into the mobile gaming market. It'll fail again just like last time, the combat is not the same. That's where their priorities lie.

Good luck SEA o/

Comment

• Chocorroles
          Chocorroles commented
          Editing a comment
          OThe second? Try the 15 or 25. You really have no idea how many DN mobile games have been made and shut down? Currently there are 4 active. Eye doesnt even develop them.

Reading all these posts makes me sad, how DN had become missing the old DN

Comment

Folks, it is a tough choice to make, but in this case you can't have your cake and eat it too. It's either quit complaining about this 6 times a year, or take action and boycott the game. I gave ED a chance before, volunteered to help them free of charge, and yet they still choose to be downright delusional. I cannot think of a single thing a person can do to save this game at this point, except boycotting it. If you do choose to boycott the game, you also need to accept the risk that the servers may shut down permanently in the event that ED chooses to remain stubborn until the server's very last dying breath.

To me, that is a risk worth taking. I have invested 4 years into this game, and all a shutdown would mean to me is that I will lose my character data. I've already led and cleared several raids over the years, and those are experiences that a shutdown simply cannot take away. If it ultimately comes to a shutdown, that is a sacrifice I am willing to make in order to revive the game at a later date, hopefully better than it ever was before. Don't take this as new news either, for the last time I ever logged into this game was about two months ago.

As with Wonderking, we can let this game die for somewhere between 5~10 years, then try to buy its intellectual property at a reasonable price. The longer it lays dead, naturally the cheaper it can be negotiated for. There are some publishers such as Subagames who go around purchasing the IP of dead and neglected MMOs in order to revive them, and I will admit that the folks over at Subgames do seem to be rather sane unlike CC and ED, so that's always a possibility in the future. I was involved with the Wonderking project for the past half-year or so, and I still am now as we speak. This was precisely the whole plan regarding reviving Wonderking, albeit negotiations were suddenly halted on the side of the intellectual property holders at the last minute, so now we're going with what I dub the 'backup plan'. As for who would be the developers if it gets purchased by Subagames, well, simply put, those who are part of the development team that presents the idea to Suba, as with the case of WK. That means a mix of competent developers who were ex-players themselves (such as myself), and those coming from other projects who are simply interested in reviving the game. If you like the idea of a mix of former players along with various disgruntled players from other Korean MMOs being the developers of DN themselves, then is is an idea you may wish to consider.

At the end of the day, it's your decision to make. I am merely presenting a possible and somewhat ideal scenario that can come out of boycotting the game. Whether or not it's worth the sacrifice, that's up to you. If you're looking for some other game to play before committing yourself to a boycott, there's always the said WK revival project that I am working on. It may not be DN, but at least it's ran and developed by a team consisting of a former disgruntled DN player that you can probably relate to, along with others who despise Korean MMOs and their respective developer ethos in general. I don't want to give off the wrong impression of self-advertisement on this forum; I simply wish to provide an alternative that isn't a mainstream Korean MMO. As a result, I'm not going to give direct links to the WK Discord on this forum. If you're interested, you're going to have to direct message me on Discord for the invite (ask around the DN SEA Discord for my ID if you don't have it). Beta testing of the server will begin in roughly ~3 weeks, give or take, so that's also something you can apply for if you want.
          Last edited by Riugа; 11-15-2017, 03:16 AM. Reason: Typos.

Comment

• Chocorroles
            Chocorroles commented
            Editing a comment
            This sounds like advertising already

• X1989
            X1989 commented
            Editing a comment
            While it's ED's fault for ignoring players voice, it's another matter to say you "gave ED a chance before, volunteered to help them free of charge". No companies in their right mind would give outsiders access to source code. The most they can do is let players play test the game and give opinions. So this is just your arrogant.

• Riugа
            Riugа commented
            Editing a comment
            While that is normally true, the situation surrounding DN is exceptional. The source has been leaked and was on sale for a while, and now some are even tossing it around free of charge. You don't need the source to make a private server. The server binaries have been leaked and are blatantly available for free for years now. Case in point, a) those who wanted to make private servers have already made them with the current leaked binaries, b) those who had a real reason to want the source code (be it for malicious purposes or whatever) have already paid the few thousand bucks to grab it off of a seller on RZ or some other forum of that nature, and c) those who don't really have a real reason but still have a desire to want it can simply look around RZ and other communities until they find someone leaking it as a freebie. Furthermore, you don't need the source to disassemble/debug the server binaries to hell and back, and even doing it this way, most critical information can be already figured out, as I've somewhat demonstrated in the past. The same can be said for the client, except that it requires just a bit more effort and expertise. I've had to disassemble the TR client (a Korean MMO, not my team) in the past, which had many more Themida options flipped on compared to DN, and it came bundled with Xtrap at the same time. I could still debug it nonetheless (with a bit more effort), and figured out their whole file decryption routine and key that way, which was what I sought to find by disassembling the thing in the first place.

You must understand that what I did back then was a last-ditch effort to save the game. Every other option had been exhausted at that point. Petitions like AikawaKazu's did not work, protest threads like these did not work, and although I could certainly boycott the game immediately instead of starting that campaign, that campaign had a better chance of saving it within a shorter amount of time, otherwise we'd all be waiting 5, 10, 15 years at least.

I wonder how moderators, admins and ED staffs(if ever they read this) respond to this thread. As for me, I dont mind stop playing this game for a year, got things to do irl. Besides, there hundreds of new MMO game titles out there, gonna try some of those.

Comment

• ErebusRex
            ErebusRex commented
            Editing a comment
            They read, but they pretend they didnt.

No response, no acknowledgement of the issues and problems raised... Nothing.

ED, how can you hope to have happy players if you ignore your players, avoiding us as if we're the plague? Most companies would KILL to get the straight up honest opinions and reviews from their players most players are giving on these forums. They'd LOVE to be given guidance for what is causing problems and what can be done to help improve the connection between company and players, and improve overall player satisfaction.

But how ED, quite frankly, pushed all the players off to the side, without giving us a response (which would take all of 10 flipping seconds). This is flat out disgusting. Honestly one of the most disappointing ways a company can host their game and I'm saddened to see the game in a constant decline due to the neglect for their dedicated players. Enough with the damn EXP events, solve the issues within your company first and then we can talk about benefits/events. This all has to be some stupid joke, no one can be this negligent towards their player base...
          What to write here.

Comment

Well they haven't deleted it. Most companies remove the bad feedback from forums (or even pay to have it taken down in other sites) to not scare away potential players.

Comment

• Kuru
              Kuru commented
              Editing a comment
              True, but at this point I'm just under the assumption that it's still here because no one has cared to look at it, except for the mods.

I don't know if i should laugh or not at this point.
            What to write here.

Comment

Working...
            X