Gold sellers topic continues, feel free to give your ideas here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold sellers topic continues, feel free to give your ideas here

This topic was originally posted here in below thread but was moved to the Abused Reports section.
    However I do think the OP's topic is relevant, so I decided to revive the topic here, to avoid conflict with OP thread intention in Abused Reports section to report gold sellers.
    OP = Original poster = Meatball29

http://forum.dragonnest.com/sea/supp...money-accounts

EDIT 3: This thread's topic revival is to let the players to discuss and understand, what is the "core" problem of gold sellers, its effect on the economy and players, as we are all curious as well.
    So before the developers suddenly decides to do those below, we should voice our opinion, and discuss here, and hopefully come up with a better solution.
    I think they are now trying their best to identity, ban and reduce the number of gold sellers, only problem is it might take a lot of resources to really satisfy players.
    In the previous thread, there were a lot of arguments between players, causing players blame and accuse others.
    So before we players kill the game itself, I guess we should discuss what is our acceptable level/method of solving this.
    Hopefully some better method might appear, while the developers are doing their best at dealing with those gold sellers to satisfy players' complain.

EDIT 4: Actually my original long post was not the main reason for this thread.
    The actual reason I continued the previous thread's topic is to let people understand more on the situation, and let developers know other players' concern on the situation.
    The daily discussion summary might be the one that we want the developers to read.

EDIT 5: Links to the daily discussion summary are as below:
    Originally posted by XDRaV3N View Post
    DiscussionDay1
    DiscussionDay2
    DiscussionDay3
    DiscussionDay4
    DiscussionDay5
    DiscussionDay6
    DiscussionPart7
    DiscussionPart8

Ignoring the arguments in that thread.
    Here I will give my "opinion/speculations of what might ED do in the future" on the situation we are having right now in game, even though I know gold sellers might get angry with me later.
    OP stated that in his opinion, "buying gold via real money" is destroying the economy of the game, which is quite true.
    The only idea I have in my mind now is, ED might restrain the use of gold and only for gear enhancing and repair fees etc. This will reduce the players need for gold.
    With the introduction of the gold dungeon, ED might consider removing the option to trade in the Trading House for gold, and remove the ability to transfer gold between characters, such as mailing etc.
    However seeing ED's current trend in other server, Trading House currency might be replaced by something like the previous DNP, purchasable in cashshop but with a different name, Crystal Points, just my speculation.
    This move by ED seems like counter intuitive as it is just repeating the cycle of creating a new currency, but this change will enable ED to reestablished control on the game currency.
    The gold previously obtained will definitely lose its value as the option to trade gold has been now prohibited. However the gold can be used for the features decided by ED such gear enhancing etc.
    Players will need to farm their own gold through the new gold dungeon if they want to enhance/upgrade their gear to top tier etc. This way there will be not too much advantage even if you're rich in real life, quoting OP above.
    Gold seller issue due to previously attained gold will eliminated as there is no option to sell/transfer it anyway.
    However, if something like the previously DNP might be implemented, then sellers for the new currency might appear repeating the cycle of currency inflation.
    I would think of removing the option to trade items in the Trading House but it is not really good as well, so I guess I want to hear from you guys about how to solve this instead.

EDIT 1: Old players with a lot of gold might feel agitated at first, but this change will remake the economy for awhile and slightly replace the playing field, quoting OP.
    Unless developers totally remove the purchase of the new Trading House currency from cashshop then it might be long term.
    With the ability to upgrade to legend tier at start of new cap, old players will keep their advantage for playing in the previous caps.
    With the gold they have previously, old players with a lot gold, do not really need to worry about farming gold dungeon for gear enhancing for a long run.
    However this is provided ED give a really early warning before such changes, or else old players will be furious as they have not enough time to distribute the gold to their characters.
    Well people will make a havoc anyway, if such change happens. It might sounds good but we might never know how the population reacts when such change is implemented.
    People might quit, people might stay, depending on how it was announced and implemented.

TLDR Maybe ED might be already doing something outside our radar/secretly.
    All those above are only just my "opinion/specutions of what might ED do in the future". I might be wrong in a lot of ways but feel free to read and free to give your ideas here.
    Please do not argue with others and let them voice out their opinions. We discuss in the forums not for competing for whose idea is the best.
    Instead we all just want to improve the game quality and improve our ideas before pushing them to the developers.
    We will need help to push this ideas to the developers once we think they are good. This is where we will need our moderators help or send directly to the developers/PM Tasha.
    Lets not stress out our moderators with unnecessary arguments as they do not want to see players fight or the game die as they do love the game/players too, even though currently there is an organisational change in their company.

EDIT 2: My post is really too long as I really just posted my "opinion/speculations of what might ED do in the future" without cutting it short.
    @MeshPolygon have made a reasonable summary in the his reply post below about the previous thread and what I wanted to say above.
    Really thanks to him for summarising the previous thread, and also thank him for reading through my post which is a whole long of text.
    Kindly proceed to his post below for summarised version of the topic, hope to see some more opinions from you guys too.

And Links to the daily discussion summary are as above.
    Last edited by XDRaV3N; 12-01-2017, 11:40 AM.

You are wrong at the very basic, very core of the problem. This statement is wrong and not TS opinion either: "gold is destroying the economy of the game".
    zArAthena - Flurry. LafielHime - Black Mara. LukaLukaNF - Black Mara. zArZeratul - Raven. FaerieMoon - Arti

Comment

• XDRaV3N
      XDRaV3N commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I could have misread the OP meaning in the previous thread.
      He might want to state that "buy items or power-leveled characters" is destroying the economy of the game.

• zArAthena
      zArAthena commented
      Editing a comment
      He mean the act of "buying gold via real money" is destroying the economy of the game. Not the gold itself. There is no problem with the gold.

• XDRaV3N
      XDRaV3N commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I guess you are correct. I will edit my statement in the above post to reflect OP's original meaning.

Remove the trading house / trading of gold function.

Comment

• XDRaV3N
      XDRaV3N commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably with the trading house / trading of gold function, and any forms of trading in-game removed, developers could reduce/further optimise the quantity of materials needed to craft/convert gear/jades/talisman etc.
      Or they might even let players to buy materials in npc shop using gold/other currency, like what they did with the powerstones currently (but something still feels wrong now as powerstones are kinda stacking up in our inventory).
      However I think they must make sure the gold dungeon doesnt give too much or too little gold comparing to players' gold consumption, as the gold dungeon will be the only source of gold.

Removing any forms of trading/item exchange in-game also remove scam cases but players might lose one of the key feature in a mmo.
      But I dont have any other idea to solve this scam cases, other than removing item exchange in-game, and enforce trading only through trading house.
      Maybe server storage can remain for transfering certain materials/items between own characters.

I guess maybe trading house function can remain, but
      -currency used in the economy must be controlled
      -what can be traded must be controlled
      -and maybe min/max prices of each tradeable items can be controlled as well.

• Gloiii
      Gloiii commented
      Editing a comment
      might as well kill the game lol

• NutBuster
      NutBuster commented
      Editing a comment
      The idea is so retarded, this has got to be sarcasm. Or at least I've been convincing myself that it is.

Since you still want to continue that, gonna post this one here to serve as guidance, found time and reevaluated that thread OP
    - this is just a basic guide and is not meant to restrain the discussion, just try to stick to the topic, and avoid that incident >_^

->Ed do something about this fb page selling gold for real money/accounts

subject/topic:
    *illegal/unregulated/unauthorized gold selling (unauthorized real-world-trading) RMT/RWT/RLM (topic generalized)

proposed problem (but not limited to):
    • - ED's not doing anything about this?
    • *- those movement of gold w/o exchange of service/produce ingame destroying ingame economy?
      (- gold RWT is considered a real life service and is excluded from ingame economy,
      one will farm gold, the other will pay for the farmed gold and labor service of the farmer.)
      ^ the reason it's hard to prove the charge of fraud. defrauded as a form of service.
    • - anything else related to topic.

proposed scope of discussion (but not limited to):
    • - ED's stand on these illegal/unregulated/unauthorized stuff
    • - insights and opinion of the community about the topic
    • - stuffs related to the ingame economy
    • - solutions/measures on this issue

proposed objectives of the discussion (but not limited to):
    • - to further understand ED side
    • - to come up a solution coming from a community consensus

happy trails :3

P.S. this forum is too limiting, no strikethrough text ><
    ★ Gintama ❖ 「ヒカリ証明論 / Hikari Shoumeiron」 ❖ CHiCO with HoneyWorks ★

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
    Spotify URI | Spotify Song Link
    Wars Of Our Time (Dn Sea Forum History)ED 1:1 Inquire(SEA)Choco's Academic Fanart Gallery :3
    DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

• XDRaV3N
      XDRaV3N commented
      Editing a comment
      Really thank you MeshPolygon for summarising the previous thread and also thank you for reading through my post which is a whole long of text.
      My post is really too long as I really just posted my opinion without cutting it short.
      I kinda edited the original post to direct people to see your summarised version of the previous thread topic, hope you dont mind people reading into your post.
      Last edited by XDRaV3N; 11-23-2017, 01:30 PM.

I for one oppose illegal means of trading gold but as to how to limit it to prevent more illegal trading I still can't find a possible
    solution that will somehow lift the game's current situation into a better one. But never the less this kind of proposal which
    involves removing of the gold system by replacing a new currency which isnt tradable in any means including TH except npc
    or cash shop, would only possibly kill the game more. If you had been more observant, first was the time all servers HW/SW/GW/WW/BW
    were merged a lot had already complained since it is abruptly destroying the market thus we see a number of friends leaving the game.
    It was then followed by the removal of DNP trading system during the transfer which in my own estimate drops the population of active
    players by 20-40% or even more. Now if you would want to remove trading gold system, how much do you think would the population of
    DN remain thus after? It is common knowledge that the more population you have in DN, the more chances they will have cash players spending
    for the game which in the long run helps keep the game running although most part of sustaining the game revolves around how ED manages it.
    “As we live in this world, there are seven emotions and six desires, all accompanied with endless distress."

Comment

• XDRaV3N
      XDRaV3N commented
      Editing a comment
      Nana Chan I agree with you that many of the changes they did so far really kill a big percentage of the game population.
      Therefore we should voice out and prevent developers to do more of such sudden changes, and avoid making more players to quit/get disappointed.
      Last edited by XDRaV3N; 11-24-2017, 01:33 AM.

Yea I agree, the game might die if such changes is implemented.
    So before the developers suddenly decides to do such a thing, we should voice our opinion, and discuss here, and hopefully come up with a better solution.
    I think they are now trying their best to identity, ban and reduce the number of gold sellers, only problem is it might take a lot of resources to really satisfy players.
    In the previous thread, there were a lot of arguments between players, causing players blame and accuse others.
    So before we players kill the game itself, I guess we should discuss what is our acceptable level/method of solving this.
    Hopefully some better method might appear, while the developers are doing their best at dealing with those gold sellers to satisfy players' complain.

Comment

• ILLbeURdeath
      ILLbeURdeath commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, you're right about SEA having a much larger gold supply than NA and I've heard grinding gold is a little bit easier in SEA than NA. The bots will take longer to have the same impact on SEA than it did NA due to the size difference and the demographics of the players contained therein. Most of our vets have long quit the game when T5 came out, some of us remain but gold buying is very rampant on the NA server. Prices for goods are exceedingly becoming inflated due to gold buying. Our market is very unstable at the moment, I'm hoping the golden goblin dungeon will help alleviate our "big" problem.

I hope your server can resist the power and allure of the bots

To have bias is to be human, it's human nature to be biased to something. To deny this is to deny your own humanity . However, being subjective and objective is a state of mind and requires constant effort. I don't care for trolls and it brings out my brutally honest side of me, something I will have to work on as I too progress in life etc. I'm too philosophical at times and it is what it is, it like everything else in life has its pro's and con's.
      Last edited by ILLbeURdeath; 11-26-2017, 04:23 AM.

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      To me, it feels like being objective shows the points of each side clearly. However, I suppose being subjective does have its merits too. I'm glad this didn't turn out into a heated discussion. Thank you for sharing your points on this.

• XDRaV3N
      XDRaV3N commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to see both of you cooldown a bit.
      I will try to pickup the main points from both of your opinions/discussion, and compile them to the daily summary later.

So what is the problem with gold again. I asking about gold itself, not trading gold via RMT
    zArAthena - Flurry. LafielHime - Black Mara. LukaLukaNF - Black Mara. zArZeratul - Raven. FaerieMoon - Arti

Comment

• XDRaV3N
      XDRaV3N commented
      Editing a comment
      The previous thread says that the game economy is filled with abundance of gold, causing the economy to crash, as people resort to gold sellers.
      Before developers might decide to do it like what they did with the DNP, I guess we should discuss and let them know what is the real problem and what is not.

• XDRaV3N
      XDRaV3N commented
      Editing a comment
      I think my initial post is kinda misleading, it is suppose to be my opinion plus my speculations of what might ED do.
      I will tidy up a bit on my wordings in the original post.

• zArAthena
      zArAthena commented
      Editing a comment
      Abundance of gold cause high inflation in the past. This problem cause by magni glass. This is quite serious at the beginning of cap 90, but not much after that. And now ED already remove magni glass reward, so this won't happen.
      Again this is problem of control supply and consuming of gold. Not the problem with gold itself.
      And people do not resort to sell gold because of "abundance of gold", they sell gold because of benefit. If gold is abundant, the price will cheap and if gold is scarce, gold will expensive. In short, "abundance of gold" do not cause people to sell gold.

From the past day, based on the comments so far, summary of what was discussed so far are as follows.

The "core" problem of this gold sellers issue is not due to abundance of gold, but abundance of gold sellers in game.

Gold sellers sell gold for benefit, and to discourage this illegal benefit, the following methods were proposed:
    -Remove the trading house / trading of gold function.
    -Disable any forms of trading in-game.

However most likely this would only possibly kill the game more, therefore we should discourage developers to do such changes.

So far no better idea or suitable method was proposed to solve this gold sellers issue.

Players remain uncertain of what is ED's stand on these illegal/unregulated/unauthorized stuff.

ED however do hints that developers are doing their best at dealing with those gold sellers to satisfy players' complain.

EDIT 1: Additional points
    - "low gold generating content currently available with the rising static costs etc makes for a nice breeding ground for bots" but
    - "If players can make all the gold needed in game in a reasonable amount of time then players will stop buying from the bots."

Additional info
    - "In NA server, the botted gold has a bad effect on the economy over the past 9 months the bots were set loose upon NA server, which now ends up with a state of inflation"

Players' concern
    - "ED might be the one behind the bots, therefore no serious action has been done against the bots."
    Last edited by XDRaV3N; 11-24-2017, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      I am still waiting for an answer for in what way does one player selling gold to another (earned legitimately) cause death to the game. I am not promoting this but I want to know, that's all.

Also... Is this the majority consensus that ED is behind botters in DN SEA? I don't think I seen many, let alone anyone mention that.

• XDRaV3N
      XDRaV3N commented
      Editing a comment
      I think we shall wait for more comments from more players for the answer to the question.
      Most answers from the previous thread are, it is illegal end of question. But I think we should understand more on the topic before concluding the answer.
      Lets wait some answers from ED as well, since some players are concerned about ED's stand on this matter.
      We shall let this topic open, but not limited to gold sellers issue, so more opinions/ideas are welcomed to improve players' understanding on the situation.

We do not own any in-game items outside of the game(some needs EYE's consent). So why sell it with real money if it's not ours to do so?

Comment

• XDRaV3N
      XDRaV3N commented
      Editing a comment
      Naxsu yea I also got a nice sum of gold, just by selling unneeded materials like harmony cubes, time cubes, space cubes, unique rune dragon equip etc.
      People sell those they dont need, then other people buy what they need. I think we just need to be more diligent to farm nests, as hard work pays off.
      Everyone have their own way to farm gold. I think ILLbeURdeath point is from the view in NA, because they had a very low amount gold in the game prior to their transfer to ED.

• zArAthena
      zArAthena commented
      Editing a comment
      "If players can make all the gold needed in game in a reasonable amount of time then players will stop buying from the bots". This is not true.
      - Gold needed is vary a lot across many player. Some only need 5k. For other who aim for highest gear. 1m gold still not enough for L gear and FD plate. And there is nothing call enough. When you have epic gear, your dream is unique gear. But then when you have unique gear. You want to have Legend. Then you want to have FD plate, and so on.
      - If gold can easy to farm through gold dungeon, gold will flood the market which cause huge inflation.
      - And who do you think will profit most from gold dungeon? Bot. They will gain a huge amount of gold.
      ​​​​​​​

• ILLbeURdeath
      ILLbeURdeath commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes it is true... you're not thinking about what I said Miss Athena.

If everybody has gold because farming gold isn't a chore then the server as a whole will have more gold thus prices will reflect this. It's called controlled inflation, makes for a much more stable economy.

Bots can bot anything, they're ED's bots anyways. I'll tell you this just in case you didn't know, Nexon did a very good job against the bots here in NA. Post transfer they're everywhere. I won't go further because I think I've proven my point and I think people's comprehension of what's been discussed is lacking.
      Last edited by ILLbeURdeath; 11-25-2017, 02:25 PM.

I just want to share something I know that's probably gonna affect a lot with the contents of this post.
    Before I share this, I just want to say that this has already existed since the beginning of DN SEA and
    not only for DN but for some other MMO as well, saying this though does not contemplate of me being on the side
    of the illegal traders. So here it is, most of us pretty knew that ILLEGAL GOLD SELLING does exist. Why
    illegal? simply because the trades does not involve gold to "anything" inside DN only like GOLD
    to REAL MONEY also know as RMT(real money trading). What are the legal methods
    of trading gold? AFAIK as long as you trade them inside the game only and without any outside currency
    involved like? e.g TRADE MY GOLD to your X weapon. Others question why does this affect the market?
    All I can answer is that if it does continue to grow, our dear brothers who usually BUY CC/EYET to sell cash
    items at TH to get gold will now just directly buy gold from them and minimize the purchasing of the CC/EYET needed. Now, how does this affect the market or the game? Believe me or not, but purchasing CC/EYET helps the management in dealing with the financial aspects of the game to keep it running though IDK how greatly this
    affects DN SEA now that ED is handling it. For the market side, since you can just buy gold directly by bulk amounts
    or not, you can just rush buy some items at the TH and put your own price example of this is the hording of items. (I quite know a number of friends who buy loads of gold just to do this thus I can buy items cheap before they increase the price at TH). But all of these info I just shared are just meaningless even if you put into account that the proposals
    that are given right now are even being heard by ED and somehow remove the gold trading system mainly because
    GOLD AREN'T THE ONLY THING THAT'S BEING SOLD WITH REAL MONEY others such as:

1. ACCOUNT
    2. PILOT SERVICE (leveling characters/nesting characters)
    3. RUNE HC SERVICE
    4. COSTUMES and other overly priced items at th
    5. GENESIS ACCESSORIES and genesis crafting service
    6. Even very cheap cherry credit codes
    7. other stuffs which can be traded

are also sold with real money if you know who to approach. The shouts you see inside the game that
    mr.XXX scammed "my gold/dnp" before inside the game is just a tiny part of the whole scamming issues
    that are presently happening with real money. So if we really want to stop these whole ILLEGAL TRADING
    SCHEMES , first is to track those sites that promotes and support these acts and not to randomly throw
    stoned suggestions which in the long term can only ruin the game. I'm not to any of the illegal seller's side
    nor the anti-illegal seller's side, the only reason I'm voicing this out is that I want the game to last longer
    and I believe rush actions doesn't always become the best solution. I'm open for criticisms/bash/productive
    talk.
    “As we live in this world, there are seven emotions and six desires, all accompanied with endless distress."

Comment

• zArAthena
      zArAthena commented
      Editing a comment
      Nana Chan
      Demand are still the same. The item cannot be bought from cash shop, it do not appear out of the thin air. There must be someone farm the item and sell to them.
      Let say player A want Gen ring:
      Case 1: he farm for themselves
      Case 2: he hire player B to farm for him at the price 300 usd
      At the end. There is no difference between 2 case. From outside these 2 player, both case are the same

• Nana Chan
      Nana Chan commented
      Editing a comment
      zArAthena you are slowly getting the picture now, but is somewhat blindly seeing the greater effect.

You just said it again, with case 2 if players will rely to gold sellers there must be someone farming for them. Let's take your post as an example where in players pass the burden of farming to the gold sellers, how much effort/time/supply do you think this gold seller can give? given 1 gold seller doesnt have less than 10 buyers. How long do you think he will manage to complete all those supplies needed to sell to each individual buyer?
      If we put it as a ratio of 1 seller : 10 buyer , then just by this ratio alone you could tell you lost 9 potential farmers just because they rely to the seller. This is pretty easy to understand that even grade schoolers that just started
      math solving knows 10 is always > 1 .

• zArAthena
      zArAthena commented
      Editing a comment
      Nana Chan
      The total effort is the same. If gold seller provide enough gold for 10 buyer, isn't it mean he can farm as much as 10 people?
      Let see:
      Case 3: 10 buyer A1, A2, ..., A10 farm for themselves 50k each.
      Case 4: player B farm 500k and sell 50k to each A1->A10
      These 2 case basically the same.
      I can agree with you if player B (the seller) get the gold out of the thin air. But NOPE. To get the gold, he still need to farm for himself. So to get enough gold for 10 people, he need to farm 10 times of the other when them farm for themselves.

From the past day, based on the comments so far, summary of what was discussed so far are as follows.
    The link to previous summary of what was discussed yesterday is as above.

For today's discussion summary, the following points were raised.

- "We do not own any in-game items outside of the game, why sell it with real money if it's not ours to do so"
    - it is written in the code(ToU)/terms of condition that no one is allowed to sell it coz its not ours to sell it
    - related question, "We do not own any in-game items outside of the game", why people still buying gold even though they know the gold is not theirs or the seller's?
    - it's not gold that is being sold, it's selling the right of "temporary ownership"/leverage to another party who has more use for it
    - players who buy gold from other players don't grind for gold themselves, they add no gold to the community.
    - gold sellers whom are not botters, do they destroy the economy by transferring gold to other players via RMT?
    - related question, what if rich players wish to sell their gold to poor players via RMT
    - games dont die because of bots. A very famous game called Maplestory is filled with tons of bots, and here they are, standing strong and alive up til this day.
    - gold aren't the only thing that's being sold with real money, others such as:
    . account
    . pilot services (leveling characters/nesting characters)
    . rune hc services
    . costumes and other overly priced items at th
    . genesis accessories and genesis crafting service
    . even very cheap cherry credit codes
    . other stuffs which can be traded
    . key note: services sold for real money, not for in game currency
    - if it does continue to grow, those who usually BUY CC/EYET to sell cash items at TH to get gold will now just directly buy gold from them
    - and minimize the purchasing of the CC/EYET needed, affecting profit of ED
    - this is bad for market and player especially casual/newbie, as people can just buy gold directly by bulk amounts, horde and sell items in the Trading House at any self set price
    - removing gold trading system is really not a good solution, and we should discourage ED to do such rush action.
    - gold selling basically make people lazy and reduce the amount of effort they give in game, as they easily buy the items/materials they need in the Trading House.

Previous point continues
    - "If players can make all the gold needed in game in a reasonable amount of time then players will stop buying from the bots."
    - golden goblin dungeon might help alleviate our concerns on this issue as players have their own gold, reducing the need to buy from them

Possible effects
    - however if gold can easily farmed through gold dungeon, implication to the Trading House might be inflation as gold will flood the market
    - bots will most likely profit most from gold dungeon as they gain a huge amount of gold.
    - this leads back to the effects of gold on the Trading House, it depends on how ED control the supply and gold consumption.
    - players might still buy from gold sellers as gold needed vary a lot across many players.

Additional info on bots
    - the leverage is being abused at the account level - not at the gold earning per account level
    - account abusers who create multiple accounts, makes for multiple chances of obtaining gold
    - "low gold generating content currently available with the rising static costs etc makes for a nice breeding ground for bots"

Possible solutions
    - Nexon DN NA's previous way of dealing with multiple accounts is by banning all those accounts that were detected login in the same ip address, however this caused issue where certain players were wrongly banned.
    - CherryCredits DN SEA's previous way of dealing with multiple accounts is by ensuring each account ties to a personal identification document, however certain players are saying that they are not happy with the need to reveal such personal infos.
    - CC's way is evident when we contact the customer service to deal with account related issues and the first detail they ask is proof of identification, to prove they are not some form of ID thief and that they are the original owners
    - to track those sites that promotes and support these acts

Players' concern
    - players want to know ED's way of dealing with multiple accounts
    - players want to know ED's stand on these illegal/unregulated/unauthorized stuff.
    - players want the game to last longer, and worry that this illegal trading issue deter the developers from keeping the game continue running.

So far no other possible solutions was proposed.

Actually my original long post was not the main reason for this thread.
    The actual reason I continued the previous thread's topic is to let people understand more on the situation, and let developers know other players' concern on the situation.
    The daily discussion summary might be the one that we want the developers to read.
    Last edited by XDRaV3N; 11-25-2017, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Apologies for going off topic but I must clarify this point on personal info:
      "- CherryCredits DN SEA's previous way of dealing with multiple accounts is by ensuring each account ties to a personal identification document, however certain players are saying that they are not happy with the need to reveal such personal infos."

This is not true. Accounts made under CC MUST be tied to personal identification. This becomes evident when we contact the customer service to deal with account related issues and the first detail they ask is proof of identification. This makes sense as one must prove they are not some form of ID thief and that they are the original owners. Users who do not know these details and continue using their ID were walking on a timebomb which became evident when the server transfer to ED came through.

Kudos for the efforts.

• XDRaV3N
      XDRaV3N commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess this is where players want to know ED's way of dealing with multiple accounts, and what is ED's stand on this matter.
      I will add this to the players ' concern.

For today's discussion summary, the following points were raised.
    The Link to the previous daily discussion summary is as above.

From what was discussed in Day 3 of this thread, the following points were raised.

- rich players buy CC to exchange into ED currency to buy Jelly and sell for gold because they do not have the time to farm in-game, hence, using this form of legitimate real money trade to get gold
    - some people resort to gold buying instead of this method because it's more gold per dollar despite it being illegal. Not saying they have the right to.
    - percentage of gold buyer is quite small compare to the whole population
    - but amount of gold traded in 1 transaction of real money trading can be more than hundreds of thousands of gold
    - even just one illegal transaction can already weigh the total average gold of 50-100 players
    - when you have tons of gold directly bought from gold sellers, you can easily gain some portion of market control of a certain item at TH by hording it

Previous points continues
    - "this is bad for market and player especially casual/newbie, as people can just buy gold directly by bulk amounts, horde and sell items in the Trading House at any self set price"
    - but situation of a gold buyers escalating is still quite far. Most players probably cannot afford to top up and probably never buy gold. That is why they farm and grind dungeons.
    - loot don't come out of nowhere. There must be someone who clear the nest and sell the loot for gold. If this is hot item, many ppl will seek for that, gold buyer or not.

Previous points continues part 2
    - "gold selling basically make people lazy and reduce the amount of effort they give in game, as they easily buy the items/materials they need in the Trading House."
    - however there is no connection between gold buyer and reduction in number of people who clear nest.
    - those gold buyer can get easy gold, they can gear fast with less effort than those pure farming, but that don't affect other pure farming.
    - the reality is that the new nests has low profit capability lesser than 500g per run, therefore people do not want to run it, compared to the past up to 1k+ per nest run.

Previous points continues part 3
    - "gold aren't the only thing that's being sold with real money"
    - nests that drop harmony cubes for genesis earrings, not so many are interested in farming from this nest mainly because there exist people who sell gold or the genesis item itself.
    - therefore supply of harmony cubes in TH is low as we have now.
    - however total demand of an item through all server is the same no matter people buy gold or not.
    - related question, what demands will be needed if most things like gold or the genesis item are acquirable by RMT?
    - so does real money trading still won't affect the market?
    - The situation of supply dropping will only occur if every player resorts to gold buying. However, that does not seem to be the case at the current situation, where ED is apparently not doing much to curb this issue.

Today's points continues
    - integrity of any game is destroyed when you introduce the RMT aspect into a game, especially when it's not intended.
    - gold generation hasn't caught up with how fast one can buy gold, this leads to an uncontrolled inflation of services/goods to the rest of the server if the gold buyers are huge in numbers.
    - gold buying wouldn't even be a problem if we all could make gold in a reasonable amount of time to fulfill our goals in game.

Additional info on NA's inflation issue
    - it may not be true that SEA will go down NA's path as DNSEA economy is not likely about to crash due to gold buyers.
    - because SEA does not have the issue where gold is lacking, which allows bots to exceed the capability of players to overwhelm the economy.
    - SEA's farming is still going strong with tonnes of players still farming.
    - trying to look at the issue from an objective point of view, with no bias to either side.
    - the bots will probably take longer to have the same impact on SEA than it did NA due to the size difference and the demographics of the players contained therein.
    - prices for goods in NA are exceedingly becoming inflated due to gold buying. The market is very unstable at the moment.
    - hoping the golden goblin dungeon will help alleviate NA's current "big" problem, by inducing a controlled inflation, makes for a much more stable economy.
    - if everybody has gold because farming gold isn't a chore then the server as a whole will have more gold, reducing the need to buy from gold sellers.

Additional info on bots
    - Nexon DN NA did an excellent job at bot control. As soon as the transfer to ED happened in NA, started to see more and more bots in the server.
    - a few months went by and the server had become overrun with gold bots and their birding their various website, all in front of GM's too.
    - NA too brought to light the bot problem and ED never acknowledged the problem aside from saying "we're working on it".
    - the only time they banned people and released a list of those banned turned out to be mostly inactive accounts and apple farmers.

Players' concern
    - players worry that real money trading will have a bad effect on the market.
    - players worry that SEA's condition might worsen as this issue escalates to the point of inflation as what happen in NA.
    - players speculates that the bots are ED's bots, therefore the bots issue is still not being taken care of.
    - players want to hear from ED's side, for their point of view on the matter.

So far no other possible solutions was proposed.

Additional questions to players
    - what is the better solution to this if ED's current method is not effective/efficient enough due to lack of resource?
    - should they follow Nexon/CherryCredits's way of dealing with the issue? as it might be more effective than ED's current method
    - what should ED avoid doing? which is really bad idea to do, as players might be dissatisfied

Lets hear more points from players on these, since we have a lot of points on why real money trading is good or bad for the game.
    Last edited by XDRaV3N; 11-26-2017, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Err it has been pointed out a lot. If not illegally, it has always been done via selling cash items such as Gacha in TH. In short, with no time to farm in-game due to work (farming irl), players resort to using money earned from work by converting it into in-game currencies, such as gold and CC and DNP (in the past).

Also because it's faster than farming items and selling in TH for a sum of gold. The "speed" is important because enhancing L requires large amounts: hundred thousands of gold is not earned suddenly from just farming and selling items in TH unless they are rare.
      Last edited by Xenocho; 11-26-2017, 07:09 PM.

• launcelot
      launcelot commented
      Editing a comment
      I meant, if we have any statistical count of how many resort to rmt for for reason and what are the backgrounds of the players behind it.

I'm sure ED or CC could have a count on that? This is just to support the discussion on whether there are too few people resorting to RMT or there are too many.

• XDRaV3N
      XDRaV3N commented
      Editing a comment
      This summary is mainly based on points raised in the comments by players in this thread, from the past day.
      However, these are mainly players'concern/opinions with no factual evidence/actual data on the game, which ED or CC most likely have.
      ED or CC might be less likely to reveal such actual data, but it would good to see if they are willing to reveal/disclose it, as players do concern about what is their stand on this matter.
      Last edited by XDRaV3N; 11-27-2017, 12:30 AM.

You know what, removing the possibility of trading gold from the trade ui and the ability to mail gold to another character outside your own account would solve like 70% of all of issues, plus it would sove the problem of people doing transactions outside the Trading House to avoid tax.

Alternatively put a limit on how much gold you can trade/mail to a character in a different account per day.
    Last edited by Chocorroles; 11-27-2017, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• launcelot
      launcelot commented
      Editing a comment
      Let me put some creative thinking here.

Limit to trading doesn't push gold prices down. This could open the possibility to ridiculous "installments" and prone to scam.

Or even multi-character trading (a way to circumvent the cap per character) can happen.

Putting a cap to how much gold any character can receive will even feel worse. Can't imagine the transfers being so convoluted.

• XDRaV3N
      XDRaV3N commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea lets put on our creative thinking cap on possible solutions and its possible effects for a bit, before I compile them to the daily summary.

I guess "multi-character trading" problem can be change to cap per account.

• launcelot
      launcelot commented
      Editing a comment
      and goes back to multi-accounts abuse to circumvent the account cap.

From what was discussed in Day 3 of this thread, the following points were raised.
    The Link to yesterday's daily discussion summary is as above.

Points discussed in Day 4 of this thread were as follows.

- not illegal methods has always been done via selling cash items such as Gacha in TH, due to no time to farm in-game due to work.
    - because it's faster and enhancing L requires large amounts: hundred thousands of gold is not earned suddenly from just farming and selling items in TH unless they are rare.
    - however, we do not have any statistical count of how many resort to real money trading and what are the backgrounds of the players behind it. Demographics.
    - ED or CC most likely have the actual data on those who legally purchase cash items with real money, converts them into gold/in game currency.
    - but they might not have the actual/full data on those who illegally trade with real money.
    - related question, "does purchases with real money/selling cash items can actually destroy the economy or the game?" question not limited to illegal real money trading.
    - ED or CC might be less likely to reveal such actual data, but it would good to see if they are willing to reveal/disclose it, as players do concern about what is their stand on this matter.

Speculation on ED's point of view
    - ED cannot ignore the cash players, as they do bring profits to their Company.
    - but ED cannot ignore the non-cash players as well, as they might represents a large player base which supports the game. (no factual evidence/actual data to back this)
    - ED is trying to find a solution that satisfies both sides, where cash players might want to know what is ED's direction of the cash aspect of the game,
    - while non-cash players might want to know what is ED's efforts on cash players that resort to illegal real money purchases.

Proposed solutions
    - remove trading gold from the trade ui and the ability to mail gold to another character outside your own account.
    - key note: characters outside own account
    - put a limit on how much gold you can trade/mail to a character in a different account per day

Possible effects
    - this method might be more acceptable by the players as it does not fully prohibited any transfer.
    - it discourages this illegal gold trading.
    - it encouraged players to trade in the Trading House which is subjected to tax.
    - however, putting a cap to how much gold per account can receive might even feel worse.
    - limit to trading doesn't push gold prices down.
    - multi-accounts abuse to circumvent the account cap might still be a problem, which returns to the previous point raised,
    - "the leverage is being abused at the account level - not at the gold earning per account level"

Players' concern
    - players want to know ED's view of the cash aspect of the game. (not limited to illegal real money purchases)
    - players want to know ED's efforts on cash players that resort to illegal real money purchases
    - players want to know ED's way of dealing with multiple accounts

ED might be trying to balance the benefits of cash purchases/real money aspect of the game, and its effects on the game.
    Meanwhile we players can try to think on the following points.
    - what is the better solution to this if ED's current method is not effective/efficient enough due to lack of resource?
    - what should ED avoid doing? which is really bad idea to do, as players might be dissatisfied.
    Last edited by XDRaV3N; 11-27-2017, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• launcelot
      launcelot commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been thinking, would ED implement two-step verification? A second verification requiring an sms verification with a non-repeating phone/sms?

The pin code verification only protects your account from brute force attacks but once this is cracked, does not protect your characters anymore. It is not a two-step verificationn just an extra layer of security separating your account from your game account characters.

With 2 step verification in place, multi accounts are tied down to a unique phone number. Minimizes account abuse but puts people without a phone number at a dilemma. And I don't think you can expect players keeping hundreds of phone numbers.
      Last edited by launcelot; 11-27-2017, 07:24 PM.

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it's a good idea but not sure how practical will it be. ED's actions make it seem like they are understaffed so I am not sure if they can carry this out.

Also, does ED actually take action on multi accounts? Not just ED but did CC take actions in the past?

• launcelot
      launcelot commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly. Two step verification may be costly for ED or CC to implement since they have to shoulder the cost for sms sending nodes. Especially in SEA covering different countries.

Points discussed in Day 4 of this thread were as follows.
    The Link to the previous daily discussion summary is as above.

Day 5 of this discussion thread continues.

- example if ratio of 1 seller : 10 buyer, this shows 9 potential farmers are lost just because they rely to the seller.
    - but total effort is the same, to get enough gold for 10 people, he need to farm 10 times of the other when them farm for themselves.

Proposed solutions
    - implement two-step verification, where second verification requiring an sms verification with a non-repeating phone/sms.
    - multi accounts are tied down each to a unique phone number.

Possible effects
    - it minimizes account abuse. Don't think players keeping hundreds of phone numbers.
    - this also helps to enhance players' account security, as there has been a rise of accounts being hacked for some unknown reason.
    - currently account details, passwords etc, can be easily changed if hackers managed to brute force into the account and/or email.
    - but it might puts people without a phone number at a dilemma.
    - and how practical will it be? ED's actions make it seem like they are understaffed to do this.
    - this system can possibly be automated, although ED might need to invest some time to set it up.
    - ED might have to shoulder the cost for sms sending nodes, paid to the telcos from a few countries.
    - but if ED managed to automate this system, ED could save cost from hiring more GMs to deal with players issue.

Players' concern
    - players are worried that their accounts are not secure, as there seems to be lack of security currently.

However, we do need more players opinions on this, as not many voiced out their opinion on whether multiple accounts abuse caused botters to take advantage of this.
    Maybe this could mean, not many players think that botters/multiple account abuse is causing a problem to the overall game. (I guess because the topic is kinda fading also)
    But we do see a rise of players complaining about accounts being hacked for some unknown reason, could be keylogger, phishing sites, lack of security measures etc.
    Meanwhile we wait for any response/opinion from ED's side on any of these matters,
    I guess we shall continue on the following points, taking into account those points discussed today.
    - what should ED avoid doing? which is really bad idea to do, as players might be dissatisfied.

Comment

Working...
    X