Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more rh rewards

Did ED just ninja remove the RH system? i tried to open my rh booster today
    to get the rh buff (inactive for 34days) and farm gold but it doesnt give any notice
    for the rh reward system. Anyone else got this? or only me?

Originally posted by AbyssWand View Post
    to get the rh buff (inactive for 34days) and farm gold but it doesnt give any notice
    Still looking for RH rewards? most probably it has been removed, better that way with RH abusers on the loose. didn't you heard about the mass ban recently?

Comment

• AbyssWand
      AbyssWand commented
      Editing a comment
      we weren't even notified that RH system will be removed, they basically tried to block rh accounts which was a huge mistake so removing the source of the abuse -> gold pouch should have been the best course of action

I for one don't get why they would remove the rh system just because bots have been found abusing it. For now it's one of the basic life savers for those old players who just recently played again or if not for those casual players who rely solely on dungeon grinding. Doing this IMO just shows that the current handlers have no means of identifying a bot. Prejudice the majority for the wrong of the few, this just doesn't sound right it any court. Removing this rh system connecting it with the recent reports of gold buying, would only increase more of these activities since even if old players will be topping up 200k can't guarantee you 200kg already these days. I have never been a huge anti-CC/ED club member but the recent actions done by ED clearly make me more suspicious about their motives.

A lot of reports have been made already in these forums about ILLEGAL GOLD SELLERS and their respective proofs to get them banned yet no huge action has been taken so far even with the clear as day caught in the act screen shots. As for this BOT SPAM and duplicating gold pouch which is clearly more hard to handle, they immediately took action having the consequence of mistakenly ban innocent players. RH pouches containing 10g has been given so much attention, if bots do really have the capability of duplicating pouches, why not duplicate those pouches that can contain more gold 20g-5kg?.
    And if ED really want to reduce the abuse of gold, why not start with those GOLD SELLERS caught red handed involved in trading hundred thousands to millions of gold rather not these so called bots whom they say duplicates 10g pouches from rh rewards and not the gold pouches with higher amount of gold inside (VERY FUNNY)
    Last edited by Nana Chan; 11-29-2017, 08:23 AM.
    “As we live in this world, there are seven emotions and six desires, all accompanied with endless distress."

Comment

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmm not always the case. Many gold sellers are people whom have too much gold and just want a bit of extra pocket money irl. Bots usually are from more established gold selling websites that operate. Well, they did ban the bots and based on their actions today, they may continue to take an active approach on it.

I may seem to side gold sellers on this but I believe they are not a cause of problems discussed regarding the ban today. At least, not for those gold sellers whom obtained their gold legitimately.

Anyway thank you for the clarification.

• AbyssWand
      AbyssWand commented
      Editing a comment
      Xenocho LOL wut where are we again? all your replies and comments seems to focus on defending gold sellers. Was there even a mention of where these gold sellers get their gold in this post? What was clearly mentioned in my current reply was that "IN THE END THESE GOLD FARMING BOTS END UP IN THE HANDS OF SOMEONE/SOME SITE SELLING GOLD". IDK why you keep giving defensive statements that gold sellers are earning gold legitly, still they violate the rules and regulations so they for one must be given sanctions and this is what Nana Chan focused in her comment.

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, ED did not say they were not taking action against gold sellers. This step against RH abuse (as described below) could be seen as more serious to the DN economy. I believe they know better having able to measure statistics in their server. So instead of pointing fingers to another with 'why didn't they get banned too/instead?' Perhaps its better to wait and continue with trying to pass the message and discussions on gold sellers to ED and hope they do take action.

Originally posted by AbyssWand View Post
    Err, not sure what do you mean. Are you sure your char had the RH status before the maintenance and that ED removed it?
    Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
    Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
    Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

• tinku
      tinku commented
      Editing a comment
      I think he meant, he's inactive for 30+ days on his other account used for getting RH and boosting, and he didn't get RH bonus. Don't know about existing RH rewards like you asked, but after patch logins are not getting the RH rewards.

EDIT: My friend came back just an hour ago, and he didn't get it. He became inactive after transferring his account to ED.
      Last edited by tinku; 11-29-2017, 08:41 AM.

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm, I've seen cases of RH chars not getting RH rewards because they have obtained it previously, e.g. in other lvl caps for example.

I just want the person to be sure that "he had it but it's not there/removed by ED" before they jump on the "RH ban" train.

But in any case, it seems that they plan to resolve the issue by removing RH completely.

• AbyssWand
      AbyssWand commented
      Editing a comment
      Xenocho the notice for the reward system only shows up when you haven't log in for 30 days and this is what I likely said so like tinku has said Im not getting RH reward bonus anymore after maintenance.

lol don't pretend now that the vast majority of RH users weren't active players in alt accounts and bots.

I don't agree when people get punished altogether just because of a few bad apples, but this isn't a case of few bad apples. It was MASSIVE.

Returning Hero should have never been able to be claimed more than 1 time per year. It was too short and too easy to abuse.
    Last edited by Chocorroles; 11-30-2017, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• ionatwinkbottom
      ionatwinkbottom commented
      Editing a comment
      RH is fine, but as you stated it should be given once per year, not every 3 months, or at least increase it to 6 months.

RH rewards are meant to help players who can't play daily due to reasons like work and everyday life, why on earth would it be called abused if someone just made use of something they can get as a bonus? unless it was like what was stated in the maintenance today, bots duplicating the pouches. Such idiotic false claim only to justify the sudden removal of the rh system.

Comment

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not sure if RH helps such players. I'm sure the real benefits was used by farmers and RH players themselves selling themselves as service.

Hibernating for 30 days to get the Returned Hero rewards just to use them up and go hibernate again for 30 days to rinse and repeat is literally a exploit. Returned Hero was intended to make the game attractive to those who had already quit as it was originally conceived and advertised, not to make active players leech the system. Worse of all, players were using multiple accounts for this purpose. Until now, Eyedentity Games and in the past Cherry Credits have been very lax about this behavior.

I can't say if people were banned over this pattern. As far as I know only accounts found using the gold pouch exploit were affected (which I cannot elaborate about either). However I don't think it's surprising if Eyedentity Games decided to call off Returned Hero due to the high amount of players found using the system like that. From a business stand point, people had it easy to expand their inventory space, storage space, birds, jellies, pets etc without paying a cent to the host or without engaging in commerce with other players, which is undesirable behavior in any online game. Can't say if that was a deciding factor either, just speculating.

If you want one more speculation, I don't think this is a permanent measure. Every game has a feature similar to Returned Hero that has successfully kept the user base healthy and would be too silly to not follow that example. In the future they will probably bring it back with reworked features and hopefully with a longer time frame to claim the rewards that makes farming it less desirable and profitable.
    Last edited by Verbena; 11-30-2017, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• Nana Chan
      Nana Chan commented
      Editing a comment
      so you're saying ED is threatened by the abuse/exploit of "10g" pouches from returned hero system giving them some reason to remove it aside from the other rewards freely given? but not those gold sellers inside the game? quite funny hearing it from you

• AbyssWand
      AbyssWand commented
      Editing a comment
      from all the gold pouch system DN has, why would bots even use "10g" pouches from the rh system when they can just do it with a pouch that contains more gold like the ones with 20g-5000g without even waiting 1 month just to obtain the "10g" pouch and duplicate it. This kind of silly excuse just to remove the rh system without any prior notice is definitely an insult to all the players making them look like stupid thinking nobody can see through these actions.
      Last edited by AbyssWand; 11-29-2017, 08:38 PM.

• zArAthena
      zArAthena commented
      Editing a comment
      You two should stop posting if you don't really know what going on. You guy don't know how serious problem is. They are not only get 10g from 1 RH acc. They cannot duplicate any gold pouch they want, they can only do that for the RH gold pouch. And they can repeated infinity. One RH abuser like this can get like 500kg per day.

If it's a bug, then yea it's an exploit but RH is not a bug it's a system pfffttt.....

Just remove it for god's sake.

That way everybody wins
    Discord: DarkB1ad3r #5361

Comment

• darkb1ader
      darkb1ader commented
      Editing a comment
      @verbana So, using VIP trading house that came from RH are also exploits when used over again.
      Then they should probably ban all players in DN SEA because all people does / already did something like that.
      They should rather put contents in RH that cannot be "EXPLOITED" or totally elliminate RH at all instead of figuring out ways on what should be or what's not.

• Chocorroles
      Chocorroles commented
      Editing a comment
      Using a VIP ticket itself has nothing to do with putting yourself to sleep intentionally over and over to get rewards, and has nothing to do with abusing the item duplication bug to get infinite gold pouches my dude.

• darkb1ader
      darkb1ader commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a part of RH as well, Chocorroles. Just asking about it as it can be as what they said an "exploit" or whatever they call it.

maybe they can just removed all the free stuff in RH reward that are said being exploited and retain the buff, honestly the exp boost in RH is really a big help to all those who are leveling...

Comment

They removed the RH system completely from NA about 6 months ago because of the gold pouch exploit. ED said "We will announce you before we add Returned Hero System again." but nothing has happened since.

https://us.dragonnest.com/news/notice/all/176

Comment

just remove it the best way to kill more players lol

Comment

The RH system has so much use for casual players, back when CC removed magni and altea on it they crippled the way to make it profitable, which was the correct way to handle it.
          I have expected ED to a bit better but I guess wrong, their only saving grace was those bans were revoked quickly and they didn't end up doing an overnight maintenance.
          Still its pretty fucked up, I have alternate accounts which have trade tickets from the RH system which I mostly use to sell stuff but because of the ban I'm now scared to sell on alts. LOL.

Comment

IMO, RH is beneficial, but not really essential for the game. The only good benefit of RH that I can think of for the REAL RETURNING PLAYERS is the reward points where people freely carry RH for the weekly rewards, and through that the returning players can somehow get a kickstart on what's going on in the current game situation. The +drop rate is kinda good too but it's always exploited. I think, ED should still put RH benefits but revamped version. Say, an account can only go RH once, or they can put some stringent requirements for returning players by confirming their identity (or something like that) to avoid bots and multiple account hoarders :/

on a side note, i do hope that people will see that illegal activities will always be illegal, no matter what their justification is. be it rh exploit, multiple accounts, gold selling for real money, account selling, etc, power levelling/boosting.
            I'm a slow learner, that's true. But I learn.

I do not need to be watched over or minded or cared for. I'm not a child.
            I am the Lady of Winterfell, and I am home.

Comment

About time they remove this quit to win feature.

Comment

Working...
              X