Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To : Eyedentity and the Moderator's at Forum / Tasha Project Manager and Who at ED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To : Eyedentity and the Moderator's at Forum / Tasha Project Manager and Who at ED

Hi Eyedentity,

To be honest after you guys taking over the Dragon nest Sea from Cherry credits, the services from you all are seriously dropping.
    Especially with bugs in game (Skill output), wrong patch update, Server down, black screen ETC.
    Furthermore your useless 1:1 enquiries that does not help, ticket just get closed automatically without any resolution.
    Are you guys going to improve the game play for SEA server players, and serve your consumer in a correct manner?
    If you cant handle SEA server please let some other distributor to handle it for you.
    I believe alot DN SEA players felt the same way, we just cant enjoy the game properly with your way or handling.

Originally posted by d4rk4ng3l View Post
    Hi Eyedentity,

To be honest after you guys taking over the Dragon nest Sea from Cherry credits, the services from you all are seriously dropping.
    Especially with bugs in game (Skill output), wrong patch update, Server down, black screen ETC.
    Furthermore your useless 1:1 enquiries that does not help, ticket just get closed automatically without any resolution.
    Are you guys going to improve the game play for SEA server players, and serve your consumer in a correct manner?
    If you cant handle SEA server please let some other distributor to handle it for you.
    I believe alot DN SEA players felt the same way, we just cant enjoy the game properly with your way or handling.
    "I believe alot DN SEA players felt the same way, we just cant enjoy the game properly with your way or handling."
    Just out of curiosity, did you do survey before you made such statement or is it based on assumption?

Comment

• d4rk4ng3l
      d4rk4ng3l commented
      Editing a comment
      My group alone itself with 20 members is having issue with all the patch bug system error etc? or you are trying to say that you are satisfied with the service you are currently having?
      cut it straight dude

I knew someone would eventually create thread like this to address some issues that were (and probably still are) plaguing our server.

Not that I disagree, but surely you, better than most, should know it's useless to rant about the condition of the game here? Take your time to browse the General Discussion for a while and you ought to see many people who are unhappy with how our dearly beloved developers handled our game (and this number represents a larger part of the community, since most players don't associate themselves with the forum).

As you can see, so far there is no noticeable sign of improvement nor freebies to compensate for all the game-breaking issues whatsoever. Any attempt to fix a bug simply add another new one to the server.

Most of the problems here can be solved merely by transferring the management of our server to a local publisher (like CC). Unfortunately, I can't see that happening because DN story lore is approaching its end. At most, we can only expect another 2 or 3 years of the game. I doubt any publisher would want to accept such short-term contract.

So yep, I don't think there's anything we players can do to save Dragon Nest from its impending and immediate doom. But regardless, I bid you good luck in your crusade.
    Last edited by NearLawlet; 01-17-2018, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• NearLawlet
      NearLawlet commented
      Editing a comment
      Just a small correction; even on a next-gen PC with impressive benchmark score, you are likely to experience fps drop in certain case such as raid play and group pvp. That's how terrible Dragon Nest optimization is.

Though I do agree with DN being one of the most dynamic MMORPG out there with engaging PVE/PVP system.

• d4rk4ng3l
      d4rk4ng3l commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, i know that my PC itself is running bout 60-100 FPS at DN quite stable, but comparing to other MMORPG ( Blade & Soul // BDO ) that require higher specification, i believe not everyone is afford to have such an OP PC spec to enjoy the game.

• Riugа
      Riugа commented
      Editing a comment
      No, the Koreans do not try to optimize their MMOs. The only thing the developers care about is barely meeting the deadline. Look at any Korean MMO's source; they overly copy and paste code without caring about proper abstractions. It is the simplest and most brain-dead thing they can possibly do, and is the first thing that pops to mind when they have corporate managers stuck up their asses 24/7. Basically, they care more about delivering the product on time without blowing the budget. That's it. This is precisely how the next generation of Korean MMO developers are being trained in Seoul/Jusin Game Academy. Any optimizations that exist come from the initial engines and libraries they use, and often times they do not bother upgrading said engines and libraries for fear of things breaking.

In the case of DN, their Eternity engine was developed back around '07 and you can't really expect much attention to it after its completion simply because it is not a game; they don't care in other words. The engine doesn't earn them profits, the lay people don't even bat an eye about said engine most of the time, they just want 'content' and be able to 'play the game already'. The initial Eternity engine is functional; it works, and they can make a game out of it. That's all they need, they don't want to bust more money than necessary on it, so that's where they stopped it at.

The last time ED spoke about optimization was their grand plan of multithreading the client - an idea that is asinine at best. For starters, the GPU is almost always the bottleneck. I need hard evidence from their benchmarking (they probably didn't do any) to even remotely believe that spending effort optimizing the CPU first is worth it. The next question is how they plan on carrying it out. Multithreading the graphics pipeline will only kill performance; that's a fact. D3D's multithreaded flag simply locks on each call, and even then the bulk of the processing is done on the GPU. In most cases the CPU instructions to upload data to the GPU are rather cheap by comparison; it should most definitely not be bottlenecking before the GPU does in any case. Multithread the networking? Depends, but none of it looks convincing here either. Packet [de]serialization and handling is not expensive and should not be bottlenecking any half-modern CPU, and any performance gain you may expect to get will be quickly neutralized as soon as you need to synchronize at your packet handling mechanism. Multithread the send queue? Sending is already rather cheap, so no, I am not convinced that the extra context switches and synchronization are worth it.

TL;DR they have a double standard when it comes to optimization. Clientside anti-cheat and obfuscation techniques such as Themida butcher client performance, but they don't care. If they want to truly optimize the client, they have better luck starting at making an authoritative or delayed-authoritative server, then yanking out said clientside anti-cheat. They won't do this as it is too much work, so they resort to optimization ideas they pull out of their asses with little to no benchmarking in order to either please their managers' demands for optimization or for the unknowing public to think that they actually give two damns about it. It could ultimately just be a case of them lacking experience and thinking their idea will work, even though said concept (multithreading the client) has been posted time and again on /r/gamedev and GD.net, and has been thoroughly ridiculed and criticized.

You have mistaken ED as someone who gives a shiet about customer feedback dude.

Comment

• d4rk4ng3l
      d4rk4ng3l commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude we know that, but at least CC still handle better in the customer feedback portion compared to Eyedentity....
      While CC is only a distributor..... Eyedentity is the developer..... shouldn't they be more efficiency compared to CC?

Go Play in NA then you will start to appreciate sea.

Comment

• d4rk4ng3l
      d4rk4ng3l commented
      Editing a comment
      Well i don't wanna compare NA and SEA server although same publisher as of now "Eyedentity" but the post intention is to remind ED that the services they are giving is dropping compared to CC.
      Shouldn't things be improving and getting better after a 4 months of takes over from CC?
      But why is the condition getting worst? why is there bugs and discrepancy everynow and then after a Major patch?

ED wants your money

Comment

i feel the same way
      plus the "give me your money kkthxbb events"they release one after another

Comment

Maybe the reason why ED is like this, is because of the fact that many players RANT STUFFS but STILL PLAYS anyway.

If we make a massive movement, maybe at least they'll hear us or whatever. WHAT A CONCEPT.
        - Just kidding, but it might work.
        Last edited by yueruchi; 01-18-2018, 01:54 AM.

Comment

I wanted to write my opinion and complains to EYE before, but thinking that ED never access to forum stopped me from writing the long paragraph. Luckily there is people that wrote those for me, which is nice.
          "Internet is full of trolls and idiots."
          - Albert Einstein

Mail me gold to IGN: Scimitarry

Comment

It's funny how you say cc handles inquiry better than Ed. Cc still handles 1:1 inq, just to remind you. Haha

Comment

• d4rk4ng3l
              d4rk4ng3l commented
              Editing a comment
              Go think properly before you made your comment here, If it is true or false that CC handles 1:1 enquiry // Logging ticket better then ED.
              I once got a mate who accidentally throw all his FD plate, and it got recover it within 1 month.
              Go try it now and see if you are able to recover any dude.

Originally posted by BananaCredits View Post
            I wanted to write my opinion and complains to EYE before, but thinking that ED never access to forum stopped me from writing the long paragraph. Luckily there is people that wrote those for me, which is nice.
            Same here, I was going to make a thread about how poorly they handle the lancea bug. Then I remembered that they don't read shit in this forum.
            loginame16 At least CC will reply with in 4 months. lmao

Comment

First, we are really sorry for your inconvenience T.T Our tech team is investigating the reason for server down and black screen, please wait little more T.T

Comment

• gpals0623
                gpals0623 commented
                Editing a comment
                Vaddix When you feel that I am sorry again But it's a little bit hurt that I am a bot haha. Black screen and etc .. take time to fix and I know all of the Tech team is investigating the reasons and try hard to fix it. Anyway, have a nice day

• BananaCredits
                BananaCredits commented
                Editing a comment
                If it is true, then ED has a need to strengthen their technical team overall skill. The fix is taking age you know.

• Vaddix
                Vaddix commented
                Editing a comment
                gpals0623 , no need to apologize, we`re all aware that you`re a human :3. We all know that you`re in the same boat as us.

Everyone!

Do you think DN will reach 150-200 cap? ahahahaha just curious because I am one of those people who believed that DN will never die despite all trolls saying that DN is dying since lvl 60 cap but its still going strong up until this day finally I thought, "Is this game dying?"

Comment

I imagine DN with modern concept and dragon robots are the enemy. The red tie gives the idea.
                Last edited by Naxsu; 01-20-2018, 01:05 AM.

Comment

The Lancea bugs are irritating at the same time creepy and hilarious, im talking about the emotes. XDDDD , bye. kms. Shout out to Flurries. xoxo

Comment

Working...
                  X