X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War with Bot Event

Just for some that did not read the website,
    http://sea.dragonnest.com/news/notice/all/86

I opened this thread is to discuss about this event, obviously, and hopefully GM/Moderator/ED might hear some of our voice regarding this event, being the good or bad things.
    So basically ED had decided to gather information from players, where I believe some had done so through 1:1 Enquiry (Chn4 bots heh). But what might goes wrong? IMO I see two bad things:
    1. Prone to abuse. Some players might abuse this event to report some players out of their hatred rather than being responsible for helping the gaming community. Regardless the reported is innocence or not, there is still possibilities that ED make mistake and accidentally ban the reported player.
    2. Exposing reporter. Well the guys know how to make bot program, surely some of them might knows how to trace IP and attack other PC user remotely right?

Anyway, ED had done another move, brilliant or not, to counter the BOT issue. Success or not, we will see.
    "Internet is full of trolls and idiots."
    - Albert Einstein

Mail me gold to IGN: Scimitarry

This event is actually desperate and pathetic at the same time. But at least they're trying. Goodluck ED.

Comment

LoL. I think i caught some bots IGN's & some information via PM with my old post. <--- Click here
      Am I about to get that LOL Title? LMFAO.

Anyways, nice try ED.
      Always look straight to your goals, conquer them all and have fun.

Comment

1k Crystal points if you are lucky after all the effort you did to help with the war on bots... I am sooooo motivated

Comment

• X1989
          X1989 commented
          Editing a comment
          Be thankful it's not FTG potion, peasants (Sarcasm intended)

"Send us any information related to the latest Bot Programs including but not limited to the information of sellers, buyers, name of the programs, distribution path, and so on"

ED is basically trying to coerce bot-owners into a surrender (which is impossible by the way), there's little to no chance for the general public to know this sort of information. Perhaps, ED might consider hiring a white hats hacker for this kind of stuff.

P.S. The reward is 'meh' in comparison to the matters at stake

Comment

Yea about the reward. Why not giving out to all the legit reporter instead of randomly picking some of them?
          "Oh I just reported a bot user. I hope I could be picked to receive the pathetic useless Crystal Point."
          "Internet is full of trolls and idiots."
          - Albert Einstein

Mail me gold to IGN: Scimitarry

Comment

Bots :
            1. Lets war... *spam mails to ED* and in the end, the one winning the rewards is a bot
            2. Okay I'm bot user, what choice do I have?
            - Report to ED about the bots software and etc (my main could earn few SMALL REWARDS with LOW CHANCE)
            - Continue botting and earn my golds as usual..
            hmm which should I choose?

Non bots :
            What should I choose A, B or C?
            A. Report to ED about botters. and well could earn few SMALL REWARDS with LOW CHANCE
            B. Let the bots do their thing and destroy the economy (Cheaper TH Items, Cheaper everything)
            C. Meh~ why would I care.. let others do the fight.
            hmmm...

ED :
            hmm.. Looks like a good event.. hope this event will be success

Comment

That mean: ED was lost on Bots. They're need players help and they're call that is The Event...So funny

Comment

This event is like ED is crying out for help. OMG. But the bots problem is really getting out of hand right now. CH4 always full of bots 24/7 :/

I'm quite skeptical if they can actually resolve it.
                I'm a slow learner, that's true. But I learn.

I do not need to be watched over or minded or cared for. I'm not a child.
                I am the Lady of Winterfell, and I am home.

Comment

Doesnt this sound familiar to the cobra effect?

They appeared, gleaming and victorious. Our Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds,the ceremonial Naga drums. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. They were not stoic and silent. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
                  When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by divine blades.The drums,the Empire, fell silent forever.

Comment

• BananaCredits
                    BananaCredits commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Create bot, report bot, get reward.

On a side note, seems like there's a significant (or kinda significant) decrease in the number of bots. Hoping for continuous improvement! wooot
                  I'm a slow learner, that's true. But I learn.

I do not need to be watched over or minded or cared for. I'm not a child.
                  I am the Lady of Winterfell, and I am home.

Comment

• BananaCredits
                    BananaCredits commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You see reduced, but who knows they are hiding somewhere else out of public eyes? Like the one hiding in the walls.
                Working...
                X