• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition to retain the rewards for santa eye gacha event

To: PM Tasha
    GM, DN SEA Server

Dear Players and EYEDENTITY MANAGEMENT team,

Good day! The current DNSanta EyeGacha event has been a hot topic among players since the mechanics were released during the last update, December 11, 2018. In line with this event, there are numerous players who keep voicing out their sentiments in the world chat, DN forum, and even in facebook groups. As of this morning, there was a petition by a player, 12 chopchop, requesting that the event rewards be changed. It was backed-up with several good points as to why the rewards should be changed. HOWEVER, this does not represent the sentiments of the other players in the DN SEA server. This post is intended as a COUNTER-PETITION which is also backed-up by several arguments from a different player stand-point.

PLEASE BE NOTED that these arguments came from me, a casual player (sometimes, I am doing hardcore gaming if time permits), who really loves to play DN but is struggling with all the grinding since I'm trying to have a good work-life balance. MOREOVER, it also became a basis for me that DRAGON NEST is in a TRANSITION PERIOD. It was shown earlier during the DWC that there is a new city, the RED LOTUS City, which I ASSUMED that there will be new contents for this game in the following year(s). Hence, here are some several PROS and CONS for this event:

PROS
    1. THIS WILL MOTIVATE / INVITE NEW PLAYERS for Dragon Nest. This is apparent since they will have better gears to start with. We do not find it demotivating since it will be easier to learn the mechanics without dying every time. This will also be a good time for the CURRENT PLAYERS TO INVITE THEIR FRIENDS TO PLAY DN since they can all go raiding nests/dungeons. This will also ENCOURAGE TEAM PLAY with FRIENDS and GUILDMATES and they will not rely on servicers most of the time.

2. THIS WILL REIGNITE THE PASSION OF OLD PLAYERS. Contrary to the statement of other posts, this will rekindle the motivation of current players specially those who cannot grind hard due to some circumstances (e.g. personal life) BUT are still enjoying/willing to play the game. THERE ARE STILL MORE TO THIS GAME ASIDE FROM ARMORS, there are Legend Grade Jades, Heraldry Plates with FD, Talisman, Lebrium Points, Lapis, Gold, and etc which also is also difficult to farm. THUS, FARMING IS STILL ON HAND even if we receive a t3 +20 armor. Most importantly, WE ALL CAN ENJOY the other contents of the game like GDN and FDN which are only accessible to those who are already completely geared.

3. THIS WILL HELP RETAIN THE MAJORITY OF THE PLAYERS DURING THE TRANSITION PERIOD. This is purely an ASSUMPTION since I'm just speculating that we are in a transition period. But, imagine if you still can't grind for better armors, then you will be left out in old cities while other players are enjoying the new contents of the game. I find this demotivating and if this happens, DN might lose majority of its players after the transition. Thus, this event is a smart move by the ED management team to retain it's players so that they can have a good start for the new contents while enjoying the current contents of the game.

CONS
    1. Generally, Time (months and years) and Effort Wasted for those hardcore players. Money wasted should not be included since it's their CHOICE whether to spend for a game.

Thus, with this post, I am appealing to those players who are in favor of this petition. Our voices and sentiments should also be heard. Kindly post your RESPONSES and OTHER PERSPECTIVE regarding this event but PLEASE, ALWAYS KEEP THE DISCUSSION HEALTHY AS POSSIBLE. Happy holidays and enjoy!

PS (PLEASE READ) CAN WE JUST ADD REWARDS FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO ALREADY HAVE T3 CALYPSE. LET THEM FEEL THAT IT'S CHRISTMAS SEASON TOO!
    Please Retain the Rewards and enjoy Christmas :)
    33.80%
    Add new options/rewards for players who already have T3 so that we can all enjoy Christmas!
    66.20%
    Last edited by judaiyuki; 12-12-2018, 11:55 PM.

Up for this thread! Tasha Please hear us out

Comment

Full L jades for those who have T3+20 set please :3

Comment

Just one simple question for this point:

PROS
        1. THIS WILL MOTIVATE / INVITE NEW PLAYERS for Dragon Nest. This is apparent since they will have better gears to start with. We do not find it demotivating since it will be easier to learn the mechanics without dying every time. This will also be a good time for the CURRENT PLAYERS TO INVITE THEIR FRIENDS TO PLAY DN since they can all go raiding nests/dungeons. This will also ENCOURAGE TEAM PLAY with FRIENDS and GUILDMATES and they will not rely on servicers most of the time.

What happens for players who miss this event? Will potential players just quit and wait for such an event to happen again? What about current players whom missed out on this event?
        Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
        Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
        Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

• judaiyuki
          judaiyuki commented
          Editing a comment
          12ChopChop A very big gamble, but for now, we cannot say that they failed in the gambling. From the way I see it, there are no actions or even statements by ED despite the backlash they received from players like you. It's either THEY HAVE A GRAND PLAN for those who are affected or THEY JUST REALLY FVCKED UP BIG TIME with this event. Who knows? We have a different perspective, but so you know, I'm still hoping for the best for this game. It's really interesting, don't you think? hehehe

Also, I cannot force you to be more hopeful for this event or even have a tiny faith for ED. It's your choice if you still want to play this game, you can wait as much as you want until the next gacha event, even if it's 2 years later if that will make you and your friends happy. lol But I beg to disagree with your conclusions that they will lose a lot more players in 1-2 months. hehehe THERE WILL ALWAYS BE GRINDERS/HARDCORE PLAYERS in the game, now that they can access higher floors or even more rewarding nests. They will still have to get other materials (e.g. L-jades) and spend a lot of time to learn the mechanics of the nests.

In conclusion, ED AND DN IS IN A TIGHT SPOT RIGHT NOW specially with their new contents. I hope you can agree with me, that the root cause of this problem is not the rewards, actually. It's how they should handle the situation with the players like you. They have poor quality control (as for someone like me, who belongs to a management team, this situation is very alarming). hehe for this Christmas season, I wish that ED can get through with this problem, I'M SURE THAT WE ARE NOT THE FIRST ONES WHO HAD THIS KIND OF DISCUSSION sir 12ChopChop. Unless they are too blinded by money, that THEY FORGOT THE HARDCORE SEGMENT of their playerbase, I will be really angry with the game. hehe (I may quit this game too, so better fix it fast ED) hehehe

• 12ChopChop
          12ChopChop commented
          Editing a comment
          judaiyuki yeah lets hope for the best. but just FYI, this is the first time they are actually handling out such late game items to the masses... The last crazy gacha was done by CC before their contract ends and they give out sadnyth epic costume. Which was crazy but still not enough to break the game... now this... this is something else...

• ouenskie
          ouenskie commented
          Editing a comment
          12ChopChop go ahead and play another game we will not gonna miss you anyway, DN will be free from salty servicer like you.

Untradeble, cannot be server storaged and can choose stat L jades sounds good to me.

Comment

• TehPoci
          TehPoci commented
          Editing a comment
          +1 to this.. it doesnt have to be full L jade.. let more players enjoy n take part on this event please.. PLEASE HEAR US OUT...

up to this thread i am semi geared on dn and i love playing dn i playing DN since 5-10hours online without afk

Comment

many of the old dn players come back to play dn again because of this event so please dont changed the event Eyedentity

Comment

+1 to this, different reward is a good idea for the players who have t3 set already who feels disheartened [also me] by this event.
            Last edited by amithycus; 12-13-2018, 01:30 AM.

Comment

• judaiyuki
              judaiyuki commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you dude for supporting this. I hope the other players like 12chopchop will read this post. I hope we can all help each other so that we can all benefit from the event. Lastly, i hope the people from the other thread will be able to understand my proposal.

i vote to retain the event im not that greedy to ask anymore just retain it no changes its christmas for christ sakes its like an exchange gift ED take my money!!! (for this event only since its T3) so that i can finally gear my main!!! for all of you who are whining help us low geared instead lets all unit with our cash to unlock at least tier 11 im not a pvp player so its ok with me not getting that pvp costume. This is a win win situation in all sides, t3 geared can just dissamble for their scylla, us casual player can finally have red gears to wear, return players can catch up, ED workers can have their salaries. The game will still be bugged,with bots and trolls will always be lurking in the world chat DN ife will go on, but this will be a memorable xmas if we unlock at least tier 11 and have something to look forward to for the new year and not the ED troll of giving off durational cash costume "ears" for the new yEAR. whales! casual players ! Grinders! and trolls hear me!! let our cash combine! for the sake of the tier11

Comment

• judaiyuki
              judaiyuki commented
              Editing a comment
              I understand that you perceived the proposal of 12chopchop as "too greedy". I feel disappointed too. BUT WITH MY PROPOSAL, We can all be happy with this event. As amithycus said, those with t3 can choose other rewards aside from the t3 armor/weaps. ED already did this in their previous events.

• SergeantAmerica
              SergeantAmerica commented
              Editing a comment
              Problem is you asked for the help of whales while the event itself is like ED is spitting on them. It just doesn't make sense. If I'm a whale, I'll be super pissed right now because why spend a lot of money to this game when just a few months later all of your money will be valued like less than 10% what you paid them.

• bilbo33
              bilbo33 commented
              Editing a comment
              lets fact be as they are i'm also greedy for the then t3 since i don't have the t3 at the moment, im asking for the whales since they are the only chance i have of obtaining these items i rely on them to unlock the T3, im not criticizing them or anything there are just as greedy as me, i'm monitoring the tier unlock if it will ever get to the stage of tier 11 unlockt then i will do my investment if then as long as i will have atleast 4 tier items with tier 3 +20 i think this is a good enough investment AFAIK to at least solo floor 15 or almost floor 20, thus im begging the whales to spend , if nothing comes of this and the tier's are not unlocked i will just keep my money and wait for another event. I think this is the mindset of all the workers who play on their spare time since money is tight and although i enjoy the game im not committed enough to spend my hard earned money if the rate of return is lower than my investment, this is just practical and analytical sense

If it's not a drag fellow players, I hope you can help spread this proposal. Let us not change the rewards, instead, we can add rewards for those who already reached T3. Do not hate them.

IF YOU AGREE WITH ME PLEASE SPREAD THIS PROPOSAL IN WORLD CHAT, DN FORUM, FACEBOOK, AND DISCORD. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by judaiyuki View Post
              To: PM Tasha
              GM, DN SEA Server

CONS
              1. Generally, Time (months and years) and Effort Wasted for those hardcore players. Money wasted should not be included since it's their CHOICE whether to spend for a game.

!
              I respectfully beg to disagree with this. Allow me to explain.

Among the reasons I play DN PvE is to beat nests. dungeons, and dragons. Of course I also try to beat Berlin's crazy rng and not to mention the crazy rng of different types of gatcha boxes.

The way DN PvE is set up to eventually beat, for example a Dragon, DN's prime PvE content, is it makes players work their way up in order to reach the winner status of their in-game character, that is, having enough damage and health points, to mention a few attributes. Having enough damage and HP means mostly at this time Calypse T3 +20 with corresponding unique and legend jades. Reaching the winner status however is a choice basically by the player. He/She chooses to do it slowly, taking it easy, or quickly. It is NEVER circumstantial although choosing how to do it could be influenced by circumstance. Example of circumstances: no work, no school, laid off, student, rich, worker, businessman, "bantay sa shop", lazy, etc.To those who choose thequick route, a lot of options are at their disposal , but basically they choose to spend a lot of TIME and EFFORT and probably REAL MONEY. That's a remarkable thing to do. An awesome feat to beat a PvE aspect of the game.

The question for those who choose the quick route is, were/are they not rewarded for the TIME and EFFORT and MONEY they spent to reach the winner status? Can't they clear higher floors in Labyrinth? Floor 50, for them is like a piece of cake isn't it? Aren't they able to help their guild mates who choose to just take it easy? Are they not capable of servicing poor souls and getting paid for it? Are they not famous for having Calypse T3 +20? Being capable of clearing high floor nests yield a lot of Lebrium points and now they probably have max ver. 3 Lebria Heraldry- is that not reward enough? Being able to clear GDN and FDN weekly; are they not enough a reward? They probably have Skila now. Aren't those intangible things reward enough for their TIME, EFFORT, and MONEY? They already (quickly) beat the COMPUTER! They already (quickly) beat the PvE aspect of DN. That's the ultimate reward for quickly getting uber gosu gear at this time isn't it? Already and quickly DONE THIS and DONE THAT!

Azonia Teh 110-pound Dancer
              BoRaCay Guild

Semper Fidelis

Comment

• judaiyuki
                judaiyuki commented
                Editing a comment
                12ChopChop For the past few days, I've diligently and willingly provided responses for your comments. I'm even grateful that you read my post. I am careful with my words so I will not sound too condescending. I'm also careful not to bash anyone in the forum. However sir 12ChopChop, reading your latest comment, I can finally say that you didn't even spent some time thinking/pondering about my arguments. I already typed my "counter-argument" for you many times in this post. Kindly review it and I will respond to you accordingly if you will have a new or even response-worthy comment. Thank you.
                Last edited by judaiyuki; 12-18-2018, 01:18 AM.

• 12ChopChop
                12ChopChop commented
                Editing a comment
                judaiyuki wow what an attitude. You don't consider peoples point of view and you say other people don't consider yours? lol...
                trust me, the people who are worried for the server has weighted all options. Including yours. Giving more rewards will make it even worse.

• judaiyuki
                judaiyuki commented
                Editing a comment
                12ChopChop Respect begets respect. That's it. I already weighted and considered your point of view sir. That's why I came up with the most appropriate/proper answer/counter-argument. And yet, with your response, it seems to me that you haven't given any thought on my point. Get it? lol. Kindly review again sir. Thanks

PS: I do not aim to have more rewards. The real point of my post is already written up there. If you only took the time to read my post, you'll see that "giving more reward" is just an add on. I really don't know how ED will take care of you and other players who are "hardworking" and "disheartened" due to this event. It's just a suggestion but not the whole point of my post.

PPS: While reading you comments again, I wasn't able to see any appreciation to my suggestion (as bad as it may seem to you). Despite having different point of views, I still cared to create a possible suggestion so that we can all be happy with the event. However, all you cared was your "perfect" suggestion and didn't even bothered to appreciate my kind gesture/consideration towards the disheartened players like you. Wow, what an attitude sir.

PPPS: IMO, A future event that is as CRAZY, TROUBLESOME, MIRACULOUS, CONTROVERSIAL and (most importantly) CHEAP as this Santa Gacha event will not happen in the next 3 years or so. Unless the DN and ED management are fools, they will have enough data/evaluations on whether this event worked out for the whole server. That's why I don't worry about people having that "Wait for the next gacha" attitude. Even if I like this one, I am not really hoping to have this kind of event in the future cause I still consider the other player segments of DN. If I were you, I will not worry about losing grinders in the game.
                Last edited by judaiyuki; 12-19-2018, 02:57 AM.

Why not more? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
              Vesa23 | Saleana | GM of Typhon

Comment

• judaiyuki
                judaiyuki commented
                Editing a comment
                More rewards that will also be tempting/satisfying for players with t3 calypse. hehehe i mean, is it so hard for ED to include those rewards? They'll still receive money, right?. hehe
                Last edited by judaiyuki; 12-15-2018, 03:18 AM.

• SergeantAmerica
                SergeantAmerica commented
                Editing a comment
                Why not more? Because more rewards means more inflation. Which is bad for the game economy. It's not as simple as more is better. Actually less is better.

This is better.
              Retain the rewards AS IT IS and just add rewards for players who have T3 (+20) set.

Comment

• judaiyuki
                judaiyuki commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for the support! I wish more people will have this kind of attitude. The previous suggestions were more "dividing" which sparked hatred among the players. Instead, let us all unite in getting what we really deserve from ED!

I don't really have anything to say (since I don't support this petition) but maybe lemme paste here my post on another thread. It may worth a read

====== POST FROM ANOTHER THREAD ======

For me, the main concern about event like this (which gives overpowered items to those that hasn't earned it yet) is the effect it will brings to the game economy as a whole.

Anyway, let me give you an analogy. Let say, you have just spent 4 years at a university trying to get a degree (let's say T1 = bachelor, T2 = Master, and T3 = Doctorate) to get a job you wanted ("nest parties"). And then out of nowhere, without any news whatsoever, the next day, your government decided to gives everyone in your country, be it a kid ("a newbie") or a seasoned veteran ("players with T2-T3") a chance to get a Doctorate degree (the highest degree) for a price of a 1st degree. I bet you can see why it can be a huge problems for everyone, right?

Suddenly everyone will have the credentials to do things that previously can only be done by those who are pro (aka. those who have earned by their hard work). This will not make everyone's life easier, but can only make it worse. Why? Well.. let's say you want to get a job, since everyone has the same credentials as you are, it will be harder for you to stand out from the others (this is already happening in the real world). And since everyone has the same degree, it will only lower the value of said degree (that's also why graduates from some unique but needed degree can get much higher salary than a more mainstream degree; because too many competitions = lower salary, less competition = higher salary).

And here is some of the other problems:

1) IT WILL WORSEN THE INFLATION BY A HUGE MARGIN.

Why? Because, you see.. equipment enhancement is always intended to be a "gold sink". Every (mostly online) game has a gold sink. Even we, as a living creature, has a sink. It's called "death". Imagine what will happen to our world if no one's dying? Yep. I bet you can see why it isn't good.

Anyway, gold sink is what keeps the game economy healthy, because we have all these gold coming in, we need "something" to get them out of the system, and if we fail to do that (or we don't do it fast enough, aka. too much gold going inside than outside), then we'll get a worsening effect of "inflation", in which our gold will lose value over time, until it's worthless.

UPDATE:

Giving out T3 +20 means that ED is removing a big amount of gold sink. Let's say in average, one piece of T3 +20 will need a player to shell out approx. 120,000 gold (excluding jellies and mats; like garnets) which means removing it from circulation. Now, if all the tiers are reached, that means there will be: 200,000 boxes - 20 box (event requirement) = 10,000 chars that will skip the gold sink altogether, which if combined amounted to: 10,000 * 120,000 gold = approx. 1,200,000,000g. Note that this is just a quick calculation to illustrate the point.

The other problem with injecting an absurd amount of overpowered items to the market is that it will induce oversupply to some items. Like for example, Low Jade Heart or Mid Jade Fragment, because as we know, we can get those items from Labyrinth Relics, and the stronger a player is, the higher floor s/he can do, and the more relics s/he can get. You may think it won't be a problem, which is possible but it will surely shake the market for quite some time. And this doesn't just affect current players but future players as well; especially future players, because they will miss the event and so they won't be able to compete. The only way for them to compete is to wait for another event that gives similar op items.

2) IT WILL DEMOTIVATES *MOST* PLAYERS

What I mean by "most" is these guys:
              1. Those who made their T3 +11 and above shortly before this event (eg. 1-4 weeks ago). Why it demotivates them? Because you see.. to make just one those T3 +20, in my case, I need no less than 80,000 gold, and that's just the gold. Excluding all the time spent to do nests for lebriums, and the jellies, lapis, etc.
              2. All of the new players who joined *after* (shortly or even long after) the event has ended. They'll think that they're unlucky and after trying to play for maybe a few days or weeks, and seeing that it isn't that *easy* to get those *instant-T3+20-from-the-event* using the regular ways, what do you think it will do to their motivation? Yup. They'll have 2 options: 1) Just don't care about it and continue to grind like madman and risked to get all of said efforts thwarted again in the future with an op cash event(s), OR 2) Just wait, play *casually*, without paying of course, because hey we all need to save for those days when there is an event like that again right? So why waste your hard earned money?

So, who is exactly that will get benefited from this event? Well, I'd say players who are casuals, or just *lazy* to grind (I'm not saying laziness is bad, this is just a game anyway). I'm actually in this bracket, I mean yeah I have T3 +20, but it's just one, just the main weapon. I'm too lazy to make the others T2, much less at max T3 +20 XD Anyway even that the event actually benefited me as a player, I'm still against it because all of the negative effects it will brings to the game.

3) THE MOST IMPORTANT ONES: THE EVENT IS LIKE ED IS SPITTING ON THOSE WHO PAYS THE SERVER THE MOST, AKA. "THE WHALES".

I don't know if you guys knows what "Whales" are, but here is a short summary: Whales are those people who are the biggest spenders in a game. I don't remember the exact numbers but whales is like only 1 or 2% of the game's population but they collectively spends more than all the other players combined, like maybe more than 50% or even as big as 80% of the game's revenue is from those "Whales". This is not only true in games but also in real world, where half of the world's wealth were owned by only a few handful of people (think Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, those rich people from Saudi, etc.).

I'm sure you guys realize that the server isn't paid by those casual players (which is the one who benefited most by the event), because casuals rarely spend (if ever). Like it or not, DN is still alive by now because the server's being paid by those "Whales". And I'm sure you guys knows who they are by now. Yup. They're those who has complete T3 +20, and complete with full rare talismans with 3rd stats. Plus a complete set of 3rd stat FD heraldries. You certainly can't have all those if you're a "casual"-type players (like me XD).

That's why I also sympathize with 12ChopChop, because even if I'm not sure if he's a big spender or not, but he earned it. That what's important. I know the pain (and time!) to do all those service's runs, and all those grinding in nests, and then have all those efforts negated in just one day. It's just too disheartening.

And the scope of this event also unlike anything I've ever seen. This is not like the Ice Dragon giveaway, because you need to spend a lot on that event (I personally spend gold equivalent to around US$ 60). And even if you spend, there's no assurance that you'll get the rewards, because only the top 10 guilds will get rewarded.

Comment

T11 Cleared Brothassssss

WE HAVE WON...!!!
                YAY...!!!

Comment

Working...
                X