Class most in demand PVE and its relative usefulness in pvp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class most in demand PVE and its relative usefulness in pvp

Hey peeps, I want to return and enjoy some team fun, are there any classes in high demand atm? And also if you could briefly explain that particular class strength in PVP.

e.g Absolute glass cannon, or grp pvp monsters

Thanks in advance

When in doubt, just go Venaplaga
    "Internet is full of trolls and idiots."
    - Albert Einstein

Mail me gold to IGN: Scimitarry

Comment

I can only recommend characters that are not broken (broken = low DPS even Geared)

Support class with good dps:
      • Light Fury (Assassin - Bringer)
      • Physician (Academic - Alchemist)
      DPS class that are not broken
      • Moon Lord (Warrior - Swordmaster)
      • Sting Breezer (Lancea - Stinger)
      • Flurry
      • Destroyer (Warrior - Mercenary)
      • Bleed Phantom
      • Inquisitor
      • Crusader
      • Artillery
      • Ray Mechanic
      • Gear Master
      • Shooting Star
      On Demand
      • Moon Lord
      • Sting Breezer
      • Flurry
      • Destroyer
      • Inquisitor
      • Ray Mechanic
      • Gear Master
      • Shooting Star
      • Crusader
      That is all i can suggest on general.

Comment

Originally posted by BamBam View Post
        I can only recommend characters that are not broken (broken = low DPS even Geared)

Support class with good dps:
        • Light Fury (Assassin - Bringer)
        • Physician (Academic - Alchemist)
        DPS class that are not broken
        • Moon Lord (Warrior - Swordmaster)
        • Sting Breezer (Lancea - Stinger)
        • Flurry
        • Destroyer (Warrior - Mercenary)
        • Bleed Phantom
        • Inquisitor
        • Crusader
        • Artillery
        • Ray Mechanic
        • Gear Master
        • Shooting Star
        On Demand
        • Moon Lord
        • Sting Breezer
        • Flurry
        • Destroyer
        • Inquisitor
        • Ray Mechanic
        • Gear Master
        • Shooting Star
        • Crusader
        That is all i can suggest on general.

Thanks, could I ask is Elesta still a gd sup dps class? is it in demand atm?
        There seems to be an awful lot of black maras atm for sorc class.

Comment

• Aqua
          Aqua commented
          Editing a comment
          And with Flurry and Sting breezer, which is a better tank? thanks

• BamBam
          BamBam commented
          Editing a comment
          Crusader has lots of movement when using most of his abilities, Electric Smite, Mighty Blow, Divine Combo, and a lot of super armor breaking skills, Crusader's skills always has a large AoE they are more mobile and could be in different locations on a space, on PVP it is key to be mobile, Inquisitors could be ideal to electrify enemy using chain lightning, lightning bolt is also good at that and is range, but they are both relatively mid-close range but inquisitor has Avenging Wave and when knockbacked they could retaliate.

Crusader and Inqui 50-50 on PVP but Inquisitor has more narrow AoE skill, Crusader beats Inquisitor, but it comes to using the character.

Sting Breezer moves a lot and has range skills, Flurry doesn't, both aren't meant to tank so dodging skill is necessary.

• Mr.Shovels
          Mr.Shovels commented
          Editing a comment
          PVP wise, its up to the player to control how their character would win a fight, but on a PVE perspective, Inquisitors are mainly used due to their popularity and simplicity over which to focus where you just need to get all INT and Matk on your equipment and necessary jades to improve Inqui dps.

Its debatable to many if Inquisitors are better than Crusader, for me i've been sticking with crusader for a long time now due to its capabilities than what an Inquisitor could offer.

Crusader's Pros and Cons:
          Pros
          - Wide skill AoE
          - Burst Damage
          - Agile (skill usage has mobility)
          - Fast Cooldown (via cooldown reduction trigger by skill rotation)

Cons
          - No knockback recovery
          - Slow (skill animations)
          - No useful buffs (besides Sacred Hammering, nothing else)

Inquisitor's Pros and Cons:
          Pros
          - Fast (skill animations)
          - Very useful self buffs and self healing passive
          - Constant DPS with a balance of burst damage with several skills
          - simple skill rotation

Cons
          - Idle (most skill usage leaves character vulnerable standing on the spot)
          - Average skill cooldown (not as spammy as Crusader abilities)
          - Timing of skill usage is complex (Requires the right moment to use most abilities)

Inquisitor's issue is that most of the abilities you use will leave your character vulnerable for a few moments while skill is being used, in order to accommodate that weakness you will have to time your abilities, whereas running around and timing your abilities would leave you open for a few seconds without dealing any damage, but the moment a boss stops its movement, Inquisitors could deal devastating damage against an opponent.

In the upcoming Inquisitor revamp, some of its abilities would have been changed, so i recommend you stick with Inquisitor to experience the changes that will happen, it might be good, it might be bad, but until you see the changes to yourself, you won't know yourself if its worth it.

Don't make a Crusader for a sub, its not a good idea because Inquisitors are a great sub even without good equipment, Crusaders are better if Geared.

Thank you again! And last question, how is crusaders Dps compare to the other “in demand” classes u mentioned? What’s the highest dps output class out of those? (Considering with gd gear and gd skill)

Comment

• RichyRichy
          RichyRichy commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr.Shovels I completely agree with you on inqui DPS, it isn't that much and it is based on a lot of factors user's experience and stuff.

I based my opinion with my lazy crusade skill rotation using conviction aura alone, with same gear inqui rotation

• Aqua
          Aqua commented
          Editing a comment
          Cant thank you enough. So detailed. Your the best shovel around <3

• Mr.Shovels
          Mr.Shovels commented
          Editing a comment
          RichyRichy actually because there is an upcoming revamp of the priest specialization including both the 2nd specialization, Inquisitors would have the highest DPS rating than crusaders even when fully geared, not to mention Saint getting an entirely new set of skills to use which is great in exchange for bind and cure relic, not to mention miracle relic is now removed (its useless tbh in a lot of sense) a lot has changed on the skill tree of priest, so yes Inquisitors in a sense has a better dps rating than crusader once the revamp is updated on our server's here in DN SEA.

Sadly there's yet to come for a revamp on the Paladin, including both the 2nd specialization which is Guardian and Crusader.

Does DA still relevant DPS?

I'm a geared Dark Avenger but other classes with +10 only with no FD plate can surpass my DPS 2times more.

I think moonlord is always on a go in DPS for warrior class since 24cap.

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
          Mr.Shovels commented
          Editing a comment
          DA's DPS is very low in comparison to that is the Saint's DPS.

They select only a few class that most players used and maintain its integrity on the DPS Ranking, since moon lord are often used by many, and there's a lot of moon lord out there, its also a popular choice for many that's why Moon Lord always maintains its usual rankings on the list.

I've had a DA, it was also a mistake to even try and gear it up to be honest, that's why i stopped before i even got half-way through gearing it.
      Working...
      X