Clarity in a Company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarity in a Company

So, since ED has taken over DN SEA from CC (mostly), there have been a lot of changes that we as players have needed to adapt to. Most of these changes are good, but there are of course some really bad changes right now. A lot of these issues could just be chalked up as "teething pains" as they're acclimating to running DN SEA and how our community is, but without an open channel of communication as to what we find to be issues then said "issues" will never be fixed.
    I'd like to mention the really big one that irks me of How ED is currently presenting information to us as players, and i'll be using 3 big examples to really expand on what i mean.

Example One

With ED taking over, we got a huge increase in events on the relaunch of Dragon Nest SEA, everyone in the community was thoroughly pleased with this and were happy to see that it, in turn, lead to an increase in GM activity. But a lot of the time the events were let down by how mismanaged they were, a lot of the time the events were starting off the stated times and finishing early in turn to that. The event I'm talking about now is the Shake it night event! If you're unaware, the "Shake it night event" was an event in which players had to find and dance with the Game Master at 20:00 on a saturday night, the reward given was the Ice Chair Mount. Many players were excited for this mount, only to log in at 20:00 and find out that the event had already ended and they were unable to obtain their mount. without any prior information on their site or on facebook they had started the event 1 hour prior to the announced time. Now, I'm fully aware that they stated that the event may be altered at any time before the event actually starts, but that's not my point. The lack of communication meant that a large portion of players were unable to even get a chance to enter the event, ignoring the amount of people i know who were unable to have their forum account verified in time because the verification email took 5 days to reach them. Not everything can be run perfectly and I don't expect every event to run flawlessly, i was one of the lucky ones who was online at the time and joined in but unfortunately, without prior warning outside of the game, many people missed their chance for this event due to the information given out on the site... which leads into example two.

Example Two

One of the big things that really annoys me in this topic is something that would be an extremely easy fix, but barely seems to get noticed by ED staff. The Times that they announce when announcing an event or a maintenance. Usually they will state the maintenance will start at 10am GMT+8 yet, the maint will end up starting at 9am for example. This has happened many a time and it's quite clear that the people updating the site aren't in the GMT+8 time zone. But they're using a template (or something of that sort) which IS in the GMT+8 time zone, due to that the announcements always include the wrong time and is quite annoying to see consistently. It feels like there's no caring, since it's such an easy fix... yet nothing has been done to change it.

Example Three

And the final example we come to is during the actual event announcements. There is so much information missing in most of these events that it's hard for some people to even enter them. The Deathmatch event would of been wonderful to enter but, the initial announcement didn't include the time OR game mode, so if people wanted to enter then they'd be struggling to make sure they have the time free if they work night shifts. A number of PvPers i know, straight up didn't enter due to these issues and It should of been simple to fix. But that's not all, in the most recent event (the spending event), it was announced that one of the top tier prizes would be wings unique to DN SEA. Many people are excited for these wings and the likes but we've got no information on what they look like and buying into the event would be like asking us to take a leap of faith that we like what we're given. The lack of information is creating a wall in which not everyone is willing scale to get the prize. If the rewards do not live up to the price it costs to get them, then amount of trust that will be lost will be monumental.

Now, I'm by no means saying that ED is failing but rather there are areas which could be improved. This is certainly not EVERYTHING, but rather it's a place to start! Most (if not all) of these issues are extremely easy to fix and it's possible to go further and beyond by creating stuff like a forum post with each event for people to discuss the event (similar to how CC handled it). All in all ED has done decently but, some areas are rough. Hopefully this helps ED in one way or another!

Best of luck guys.
    What to write here.

+1 support

Comment

go daddy kuwu

Comment

• Kuru
        Kuru commented
        Editing a comment

Hi ED, please notice us in forum :|
      Queenth Arte Shoppe

Comment