Level 95 Newbie. Gear problems.---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Level 95 Newbie. Gear problems.---

-Im new, and real talk, the dragon nest universe is so vast. I love it. But it's a little too overwhelming.

So I started in the quiet Praire Town, the game explains well some basic mechanics, etc. To the peaceful Calderock, many quests, but manageable then BAM! after they send you to Saint Haven, the game just slaps you in the face with terms like 1Tier, Converters, Jades, Talisman, Engraving, Themepark, Colloseum, Points Exchange, Master-Apprentice etc, etc, etc.

Now my question is:
    As a newbie who decided to just focus on leveling first and reached CAP 95 using the rare equipment drops from dungeons. What should be my goal gear-wise? (ill worry about other enhancements later..maybe??! or not.. *facepalm*)
    I see there's a lot of option like Hero Neris, Theano, Desirous Theano, Medea, Rune Dragon for 95-. But which is normally built first by "experienced" players. Is it hero neris to desirous theano to legend dragon set or hero neris to dragon set, or what. Because the game just throws everything and all this powerful tools at you without a word. Lol. Please help simplify the gear tiers for 95 newbie char.

EDIT: And yes I tried reading. A lot. Guides are everywhere but all its authors seem to expect that their readers is a seasoned experienced DN player. It's like asking the sales person what he/she is selling but then the inventor explains instead using all technical jargons----.
    Last edited by Celdris; 02-11-2018, 06:59 AM.

Solo player here returned from 60 cap.

What I did for gearing was.
    1: Aim for 95 using normal gears (anything that drops that is better than my gear at the time).
    2: Did chapter 14, 14.5, and 15 Main quest (for talismans and 95 stat heraldries and a good amount of gold) while reaching 95.
    3: Bought +20 Neris Weapons with gold gained from questing.
    4: Made +10 Neris Armors + skill heraldries
    5: Buy / farm 95 Talismans
    6: Buy / farm 95 epic jades
    7: Farm for 93 skill accessories and jades
    8: Was able to get lucky farming so I bought 93 L rune neck and ring
    9: Get +20 Neris Armors (using jellies from reward boxes and some enhancement hammers I found)
    ---> This was (i think) before the server have the Neris to Medea Converter.
    ---> Those gears are enough for me to clear VN norm, 93 norm Nests, Nightmare Dungeon (mostly with public party).
    ---> From there it is up to you on how you want to do your gear upgrade.
    ---> I only started doing the daily tasks after I finished Chapter 15.
    Then converted all my Neris to T1 Medea when the converter was released. Will convert to T2 Medea once I have enough farm XD

Hope that helps, send me a PM if you have more questions
    Last edited by Biran; 02-11-2018, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Hmm. Hero Neris is actually a good start when gearing your characters for me since it can be bought at blacksmiths in a very affordable price, plus you can enhance it 'till +10 without worrying it might break. With this gear equipped, you can do basic tasks which can help you earn gold little by little to gear up your character such as by doing daily quests, lv90 - 93 nests.

Since reading for you might not work. I suggest you to socialize with other players (be careful of cancer ones) or much better if you join a humble guild which they can help you grow and can train you to become a good player, (they can teach you marketing skills too). This works every time, though you may encounter several criticisms (direct and indirect, if you know what I mean).

To be honest, I'm just an average player and I admit my road in DN was really tough. I never paid attention to my gears because I like to do things on my own, until there was such time I received a super hurtful criticism that changed me forever. I really wish you can find a nice friends along the game and be strong whatever happens. (Oh my gosh, I'm so dramatic). After all this is just a game. Feel free to message me if you have inquiries, I'll gladly help.

Comment

I'll try to keep the explanation as simple as possible without compromising on your growth.

Equipment:
        Neris (epic) < Medea (unique) < Calypse (legend).

Neris only has 1 tier, while both Medea and Calypse has 2 tiers of upgrade. You need to enhance your equipment to +20 before you can upgrade to the next tier (i.e Neris tier 1 +20 to Medea tier 1 +0, or Medea tier 1 +20 to Medea tier 2 +0)

Accessory
        Chiron (epic) < Fury-Determination-Seals (unique) < Genesis (legend)

Genesis set is an exception to the 'higher level items are always better' rule, because of the massive amount of stats they can give. Future update will increase their level from 90/93 to 95, further preserving their value. Consider farming Light, Dark, Space, Time, Harmony, and Fusion cubes to make Genesis set as you play through the game.

I can give you more details if you can tell us about your desired class specialization. But for now, take your time reading all the posts carefully.

P.S: You can check Growth Guide (to your right side of the screen, when you're in the town) to take a sneak peek at your goals.
        Last edited by NearLawlet; 02-11-2018, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Hola, welcome to Dragon Nest. Let me get the things very simple here.

DN is a level-cap game, where you basically has nothing to do until you reached the level cap. Everything before that can be considered as an introduction into the game, included your class skills, game controls, lore (if you do the main quests), game mechanics and etc. Hence your goal is correct, get to lvl95 first. Use those Rare grade equipment dropped from dungeons to level up. DO NOT REPAIR THEM, as you can just keep replacing your old items with freshly dropped items in dungeons.

Once you reached level 95, things get complicated, but its ok you can get used to it. For your information, the grades of items goes like this: Normal -> Magic -> Rare -> Epic -> Unique -> Legend.

Firstly is your gears, where I will explain different path below.
          1. Neris -> Medea -> Calypse
          This is the most typical gears growth in current level 95 cap, with Neris = Epic, Medea = Unique, Calypse = Legend. NearLawlet had explained about this quite well above, so I will just skip. You may buy Neris items straight from blacksmith.

2. Rune Unique -> Medea -> Calypse
          This is slight faster but slight more expensive way. Rune Dragon Unique gears cost about 3k for weapons, 2k for armors per part, and you may craft the Converter from infamous blacksmith, aka Berlin.

3. Rune Legend -> Calypse
          This is the only way to obtain Calypse in current patch (Medea > Calypse might comes in within 2 months.), and fastest but most expensive. Each Rune Legend (RUDL) weapon costs 35kg, and you need to enhance them to +10 before be able to upgrade into Calypse, which cost another 40kg. Not recommended for newbies or casual players.

Other than these, those Theano and stuff are all useless already and just throw away.

Accessories is another main things, with them being ranked as below:
          Chiron (Epic) -> Rune Legend (Legend) -> 95 Unique (Unique) -> Genesis (Legend) -> Refined Genesis (Legend).
          From here, Chiron is the best, most newbie friendly accessories you can get from Nest Point Store located inside NPC named Priestess Mocha near Boundary Gate, West of Saint Haven.
          You may see 95 Unique is better than Rune Legend, despite being Unique, is due to the enormous amount of stat it gives compared to Rune Legend (lvl93).
          Genesis (lvl90), and Refined Genesis (lvl93) is the end game accessories in the game, taking 3-4 months of farming to produce 1 piece of them.

There are a lot more gears in the game such as Talisman, Heraldies, Cash Costumes, etc., where its too lengthy to explain here, and I believe you will get familiar with these once you had done with your gears.
          Last edited by BananaCredits; 02-12-2018, 04:36 AM.
          "Internet is full of trolls and idiots."
          - Albert Einstein

Mail me gold to IGN: Scimitarry

Comment

• BananaCredits
            BananaCredits commented
            Editing a comment
            I am aware that the converter patch. Knowing ED, I just write 2 months in case they decided to postpone it at last minute.

• Vaddix
            Vaddix commented
            Editing a comment
            Rune Uniq accessory?

• BananaCredits
            BananaCredits commented
            Editing a comment
            oh lel still living in RDN era.
        Working...
        X