Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap Limit for Critical Dmg / Elemental Attk / Critical

read title.

Wanted to know their cap limit for the current level cap, some said Critical damage is capped by 300%, but i doubt it considering last cap it was capped to 222%

Originally posted by CLYMAX View Post
    read title.

Wanted to know their cap limit for the current level cap, some said Critical damage is capped by 300%, but i doubt it considering last cap it was capped to 222%
    300% is the cap. Where is the saying that last level cap had a crit dmg cap of 222%?
    Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
    Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
    Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

• CLYMAX
      CLYMAX commented
      Editing a comment
      i tested it out on my own character, switched my level 93 jades from "Main stat" Vit to Crit jades,at that time it was 222%, then i had my limitation heraldry equipped, and limitation talisman equipped, but it didn't went up even at 1%, not because i didn't had enough crit damage but maybe i was thinking back then it was capped to that

Critical Damage 300%
    Critical 89%

I wouldn't exactly call it a cap limit, but elemental classes tend to suffer heavily from diminishing return after reaching 100% elemental attack.

Comment

• NearLawlet
      NearLawlet commented
      Editing a comment
      CLYMAX I will be using an analogy from other thread.

Case 1: you have 2 apples. you get 1 apple.
      Case 2: you have 10 apples, you get 1 apple.

In case 1, you get 1 apple to make 3 apples. 3 apples versus 2 apples is a 50% increment from adding 1 apple.

In case 2, you get 1 apple to make 11 apples. 11 apples versus 10 apples is only a 10% increment from adding 1 apple.

In both cases, you add the same amount of apples but the "gain" in case 1 is higher because you have less apples in the first place.

Note that diminishing return will ALWAYS take effect, but the impact becomes much more significant at a higher value.

• CLYMAX
      CLYMAX commented
      Editing a comment
      uhhh.... apples...

so it means, the more elemental attack you have, it would still be the same as having less elemental attack? because i think the difference between having 100% and having less but getting the same result doesn't make any sense... is this really what the game's system is intended to be? or its just a miscalculation on the developer's part?

And also, i have a crusader, and there are times i am buying champion attack jades on the priestess of darkness store at the nest points section, whenever i get a good stat (Eg. 2400 patk/matk , 7500 Crit, 8%~8% matk) i always tend to use them, than an elemental attack jade, since i have enough light attack supported by my costume accessories (Cold Sadynth Set, Brilliant Ring the green rarity ones, skill accessory rings)
      so what's your thoughts regarding on this diminishing return, is it worthit if i just focus on getting elemental attack jades? or considering having my attack power increased instead, equipping these jades on my weapons, and letting my skill accessory rings, 2 of them having elemental atk attributes, and equip their slots with elemental attack jades, so that i can maintain a decent attack power on my crusader?

• NearLawlet
      NearLawlet commented
      Editing a comment
      CLYMAX It doesn't work that way... Adding elemental attack (as an elemental user) would still increase your damage, regardless of your previous elemental attack.

However there are certain points where you gain MORE damage by simply switching your elemental jade with destruction/magician jade. Use the following simplified formula to determine which jade you should use:

Damage Output = ATK * (100% + Elemental Attack %)

Obvious enough, whichever jades give you higher number is the better choice.

do crit dmg also affects elemental attack? i think i've read somewhere that it isn't

Comment

• NearLawlet
      NearLawlet commented
      Editing a comment
      It does not affect elemental attack because it's an entirely different modifier.

rather than making new thread, I am gonna ask here a little diff question
    since im outdated with end game gear, does specific element has advantage / disadvantages to non element user if using conversion? prob more on gear based
    for example, last few caps dark element is the best because of tough acces increase dark attack while theres no other 3 element on necklace and earring
    thanks for any answer

Comment

• CLYMAX
      CLYMAX commented
      Editing a comment
      i wanted to apologize for my rude comment, i wasn't clearly thinking when i posted that comment.

As for that, most boss nests has an elemental resistance (that is when i read about the elemental resists of the green dragon, on gdn, but i don't know about the current nests)
      some nests has higher resistance to a particular element, like it could be for the ice dragon, would have higher ice resistance, and maybe less fire resistance? it should be like that right?

i've read something about boss resistances to both physical and magical attacks, and elemental attacks, well that was before the major update removing most recent nests (i think that was on level 90 cap update)

And maybe you are right, dark element maybe the most effective element of all considering dark element mgiht have less elemental resistance to some nest boss.
      Ice on the other hand, it could be used by adept right? considering adept has fire and ice attribute skills.

• Knee
      Knee commented
      Editing a comment
      CLYMAX Adept does use both Ice and Fire but their awakening passive "Elemental Mastery" unifies both of them and uses the higher value.
      Example you have 70% Fire and 40% Ice from gears and whatnot, both your Ice and Fire will follow the higher number, in this case Fire so both will be 70%.
      That's why even as an Adept, it is wiser to invest in Fire so that you can share it with other Fire class such as Ripper, DA and Saleana.
      The only point to invest in Ice as an Adept is if you play both Adept and Eles regularly.
      If you solely play Adept then by all means take the cheaper option.

• CLYMAX
      CLYMAX commented
      Editing a comment
      i see, thanks for the details, i don't use an adept so i really didn't know that it was like that, nor had the interest on reviewing their skills.

so adept really is a unique elemental class, its on a different league on its own
Working...
X