Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to buy RUDN SVC without getting scammed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to buy RUDN SVC without getting scammed.

Dear all adventurers, or heroes, or whatever ED wants to call us "players",

If you happened to read the forum, or notice the blue birds, there are a lot of RUDN HC service scamming happening recently generally by imposing the geared characters in the game. This thread is written after many of my guildmates and my friends are being accused as the scammer by the victims. Most of them are servicer themselves, but some are not servicer and get imposed anyway.

This thread serves as a platform for sharing the idea of how to buy RUDN HC service without getting scammed. While some may say the victims are "blind" for not able to notice the different names of imposers and real person, but that would be irrelevant over here and you may open a new thread and argue over there instead. Same goes to "servicers are greedy / are services legal / servicers are the scammers" or any similar stuff.

PS: I am not a good writer, and may misses any information. Please do share your opinion on safely buying the service and I will update on my first post.

So how do the scamming goes?
    I had used a subs of mine to act as innocent client to buy service from the scammer, named "Nejibanah" (could be other IGN as well), as well as asked some victims about the procedures. With some minor differences, the general steps are:
    1. You pm him for the price, usually 35kg for 7 wraths (as of 6/1/2018).
    2. He will ask you to meet him at specific channel, or directly party you to summon you to other channels.
    3. He will be alone in the party, and it is fishy because he is only level 84. He will then clarify that this is his subs, all the other runners are transferring items.
    4. He will now stand near an AFK-ing geared player, be it legit servicer or just geared, and say this is one of the runner. As a normal human being, it is normal to inspect the player, which make you stand near to him.
    5. Using the imposer of said geared player, he will PM you saying that the scammer (Nejibanah in my case) is his subs and ask you to trade him for payment (sometimes directly trade you using that imposer if the character is in Saint Haven). If you refuses to pay without seeing all the runners, he will then say the runners want a proof of payment before they come.
    6. If you insist on seeing the whole party before paying, he will normally repeat step 4 taking another geared player as another runner.

I only tried until step 6, and most of the victims pay after step 5.

This is the most recent (or "old" claimed by some) scamming method. For other scamming methods, please refer to the following thread by launcelot:
    http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/se...employed-in-dn

How does the imposer names look like?
    Normally replacing capital letter " i " with small letter " L ", "W" with "VV", or other very confusing letter replacing. Some of the examples are:

<real person> --> <imposer name>
    BanmaBanma --> BanmaBamma
    Mayhap --> Meyhap
    CrazyWen --> CrazyVVen
    HiyahHiyah --> HiyahHlyah

These are just some examples, and the imposer names sometimes get more creative than Elon Musk.

Services seem risky, how to buy it without getting scammed?
    There are a lot more methods of scamming services out there, including the most recent one above, so it is not quite possible to list out the counter measures for each of them. Different servicing teams have their own rules as well. Here will write out what is the general precautions to take when buying services.

1. Don't pay before you see the full runners party. This is your golds, and the servicers should able to give you the confidence to pay them in forward. If they failed to do so, you may just leave and search for another more promising service team. Some may drag the pay until after entering the GTS with all runners.
    2. Pay to the correct person. I believe this will be emphasis by each team before payment, as there is a scam where a random person come to trade you and ask you to pay for the service, while he himself is not the servicer. Ask clearly from the runners, and wait for the Raid Chat saying who to pay to.
    3. Screenshots. Take photo of the runners name (recommended before and after entering GTS), the person you traded to, the price spoke by the seller, and as much details of the run as possible. These will be your evidence in case anything happen.
    4. Add them as friends. Add them in Facebook, or preferably Discord that provide you their identity and a communication method outside of the game. You may have a quick check on the accounts of theirs before buying the service. As a bonus, if they are legit, at least you have a way to contact them for next service.
    5. Know some trusted servicers. This may reduce the chance of getting scammed by "geared scammer", and helps you to differentiate between the real legit servicers and the imposers as well.

These are just few precaution steps that could be taken. Once you get know to one trusted service team, everything will go smooth.

What to do if I got scammed?
    Send a 1:1 Enquiry to EYEDENTITY, as well as posting on forum with all the evidences you have. With sufficient concrete proof, ED should make some moves in protecting their customers (players) welfare.
    As for forum, it acts as a warning to other service buyers, as well as providing a platform for the involved servicers to clarify in case of any misunderstanding. From servicers point of view, sometimes we do get some false accusations that make our name dirty and affects our business as well.

That's all for my idea and opinion on how to buy service without getting scammed. I welcome all constructive comments, and answers any questions if I can.
    "Internet is full of trolls and idiots."
    - Albert Einstein

Mail me gold to IGN: Scimitarry

Can also add: If scammer's not in SH, they can also try to make the player pay via mail

Comment

The thing is, with our current server being very susceptible to many troublesome issues, buying expensive service has never been so risky.

God knows what sort of mess will occur after tomorrow's patch, and I sure as hell wouldn't put it past them (ED) to neglect to fix it anytime soon. Especially given their horrible track-record of troubleshooting.

Comment

• BananaCredits
        BananaCredits commented
        Editing a comment
        Can you elaborate on what server issues will make the buyer susceptible to scamming?

• NearLawlet
        NearLawlet commented
        Editing a comment
        I was referring to the previous game-breaking issues such as black screen and duplicate login, as both problems render service run to be almost implausible and impossible.

• BananaCredits
        BananaCredits commented
        Editing a comment
        I think most of the svc teams has the policy of "In case it is server problem that caused a run to fail, full refund or rerun will be given for the client". Of course this waste all people's time.

also make them use party chat instead of whisper...that way you know that the chat bubble isn't from the afk geared player
      "Behind every mask lies a man who can't live in his own sins..."

Comment

Working...
      X