MDSD 101: A Simple Guide For Magical Design Synthesis Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDSD 101: A Simple Guide For Magical Design Synthesis Device

Hey there! So, I wrote this thread since I notice Magical Design Synthesis Device popping out here in the forums lately. I check the Forum for any info for MDSD, but I think there is none yet or might be buried for so long. I am personally a fan of this device, because I also like Fashion Nest for my waifu archer (My main, lol :3). So here you go!

What is Magical Design Synthesis Device?

Magical Design Synthesis Device (MDSD) is a cash functional item you could use to transfer stats of a costume A to costume B.

The main reason why it is sought out by many players is mainly because of aesthetics, the way characters look. What looks good and what looks bad is subjective. There are costumes with great stats, but not fashionable enough. And there are costumes that are highly fashionable, but they have terrible or out-dated stats. MDSD, though it is limited, is the tool to attain the design you desire with the stats you like.

How can you attain Magical Design Synthesis Device?

By the time of posting, MDSD is only attainable through Altea Boxes. Yes that is right, it is RNG based.
    However, there are a lot of petitions here in the forums to make it available in the cash shop, which I support.

How do you use Magical Design Synthesis Device?

Go to Inventory > CC > Functional Tab > navigate and locate your MDSD > Right Click and the device will activate.

You will find 3 boxes which are: Ability, Design and Synthesis Result

​​​​​​​
    Lorallite (Windwalker)

Ability: Place the costume with STATS you like on this box. For instance my [Epic] Black Passionate Medical Dress.

Design: Place the costume with the FASHION/DESIGN you desire on this box. For instance my [Magic] White Ballerina Dress

Synthesis Result: Will show the final product of the synthesis. The final product would be an [Epic] White Ballerina Dress.

Lorallite (Windwalker)

Comment

Could all Cash Costumes be placed on Magical Design Synthesis Device?

The answer is… No. Unfortunately, the costumes that could be design synthesized are limited. As I replied on this thread, these are what I have observed regarding MDSD:
      • Any piece part of a 4-piece/part limited costume set is NOT design synthesize-able
      • Anything that is sold on the Costume tab on cash shop aside from the monthly/HOT costumes is design synthesize-able. (Unless otherwise proven, though this is very rare. See last bullet)
      • All epic cash costumes are design synthesize-able.(Assassin, Medical, Mythology, etc.)
      • Most monthly/limited edition costumes are NOT design synthesize-able.
      • All hero costumes are design synthesize-able. (Argenta, Iona Geraint, etc.)
      • You CANNOT re-synthesize a synthesized costume.
      • Design synthesized costumes are always NON-TRADABLE (TH:0), regardless if the costume you used are tradeable (TH:2, TH:1) or not (TH:0)
      • If the costume placed on the Ability box contains engraving, the engraving would also be transferred to the Design.
      • Some limited edition costume that can be design synthesized are:
        • Chinese/Flower Costumes 2015 (tested)
        • Aristo Costumes (tested)
        • Gothic Costumes 2015
        • School Uniforms (Calderock, Berlin, Etc.) helm
        • Rare Grade Traditional Korean Helms (not applicable for magic grades)
        • Egyptian Costumes
        • 2014 Swimsuit Costume Helms
        • Rising Star costumes
        • Mushroom Costumes
        • Nabob Costume
        • Aircrew Costumes
        • Detective Costumes
        • Lingerie Costumes
        • ( Open for anyone who could help me list more)
      I got a MDSD on my Cleric Character but I want to synthesize Archer costumes, is that possible?

Unfortunately, no. MDSD is locked per class. You can only synthesize costumes for your own class.
      If you are an archer,you can only synthesize archer costumes. If you are a cleric, you can only synthesize cleric costumes, and so on.

Can Design-synthesized costumes be placed on Server Storage?
      Yes, they can.

~~~

I hope you find this helpful. Any correction, clarification or suggestion, please do not hesitate to reply.

Happy Gaming ^^
      Last edited by nvLite; 06-30-2018, 12:49 PM.
      Lorallite (Windwalker)

Comment

Change Log:

01/07/17:
        • Changed title to Magical Design Synthesis Device 101 from Magical Costume Synthesis Device
        • Added more info.
          • Non-trade
          • Not resynthesizable
        01/24/2017
        • Clarified information regarding 4-piece costumes. added Limited
          • Turns out there are some 4-piece part helms that can be design synthesis.
          • Though, they are the helms available on the cash shop or Limited 4-piece costume are not yet proven to be design synthesize-able.
        01/27/2017
        • Added Class limitation section.
        02/04/2017
        • Edited title.
        05/26/2017
        • Added server storage info.
        06/07/2017
        • Updated Limited costumes
        10/13/2017
        • Transferred to ED forums
        • Added 2014 Swimsuit helms
        6/29/2018
        • Added more exemption costumes
        Last edited by nvLite; 06-28-2018, 03:41 PM.
        Lorallite (Windwalker)

Comment

Alongside wishing for it to be available in the cash shop, I hope they change the name of the item to be more distinguishable or at least change the inventory icon just to avoid the confusion between the costume synthesizer.
          Last edited by yutehara; 10-13-2017, 05:46 AM.

Comment

I think all HERO set can be design synthesized.

I haven't tried Velskud though.

But..
            I synthesized an Argenta Helm into a Waitress Hat. (there was a time when Argenta set > Epic set: Medic, Maid and older)

Geraint can also be synthesized.

5-part Iona Set synthesized with 5-part Police Set.

Rubinart can also be synthesized

Gardener Set (Dec 2016) can be synthesized.

Uniform Set (Nov 2016) can be synthesized

Restaurant (Feb 2015)and Priest/Nun Set(Apr 2015)CAN be synthesized (I used to have a synthesized Sacred Tunic with Argenta stats but I used it as a synthesis material for my Racing set XD)

Cannot synthesized headgear of Halloween 2015 and Christmas 2015 set (both 4 part limited set).

Marine Set (Magic grade, 2013) CANNOT be synthesized.

Headgear of Swimsuit 2014 (2015 in SEA) can be synthesized.
            Last edited by BabyKuri; 10-31-2018, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• nvLite
              nvLite commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi kuri thanks for these.

Most of these are already mentioned in the notes aside from the 2014 Swimsuit helms.

Thank you for your contribution ^^

• BabyKuri
              BabyKuri commented
              Editing a comment
              You're welcome!
              Sorry I missed that hero part. My eyes jumped to the bulleted part. XD

yay finally , thanks for continuing the guide!

Comment

• nvLite
              nvLite commented
              Editing a comment
              Welp. No problem ^^

clarification, are the magical synthesized costumes still server storagable? cause the synthesis item itself is not server storagable so im nervous of synthesizing my epic costumes "OTL

Comment

• nvLite
              nvLite commented
              Editing a comment
              yes. they are server storageable

I really hope ED would put a non-synthesizable symbol or phrase for those costumes that cannot be synthesized.

Comment

• BabyKuri
              BabyKuri commented
              Editing a comment
              Why not just make them ALL SYNTHESIZABLE?
              I can't think of a reason why they won't allow some costumes to be synthesized.

• nvLite
              nvLite commented
              Editing a comment
              a good topic for PH meet up event i suppose?

Updated.

6/29/2018
            • Added more exemption costumes
            Lorallite (Windwalker)

Comment

Working...
            X