Suggestion: Hide Chat, New Filters on chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion: Hide Chat, New Filters on chat

Hi, i've got a suggestion related to spams on chat especially via bluebird to which is nonsense most of the time related on someone scammed them, someone shouting vulgarities on another language like "Bobo" "Putang ina nyo" etc and some "F*ck You all" etc, i tend to mute all of those players as soon as i see those spams, so i wont see their stupid drama

Most of the bad words i see on chat are mostly from the players from the Philippines, these are most of those vulgar words they mostly say on world chat and on local channel:
    Puta;Pota;Bobo;Tang ina;Putang ina; Potang ina; Gago;

please do update the filter on these bad words, its unpleasing to even look at them.

i am not sure about malaysians and indos or people from thailand because i dont usually get to see them talk that much in world chat, nor they trash talk in pvp, they have their own servers to play as well so maybe thats the reason.

Please add a function that entirely hides the chat box not only the border but also the entire chat words scrolling up and up and up, its annoying to see and you cant actually just ignore it when it keeps scrolling.
    There should also be a new configuration on chat to where you can only see 1 type of chat on the tab you click for example:

PM tabs should only show PMs from other players, Party Tab should only show up Party member chats, Guild Tab on chat should only show up Guild chats by Guild members etc.
    there should also be a function to disable the spam of system on chat, we dont have to keep seeing the items we looted or being looted by our pet, it spams up our chat even if we increase the size of the chat box.

+1
    They should have done this ages ago.

Comment

Yeah. Should have done eons ago. Hmm..maybe because no one voiced it out before? Hoping Tasha et al recognizes our suggestions.
      Azonia Teh 110-pound Dancer
      BoRaCay Guild

Semper Fidelis

Comment

in my uncle's cafe, whenever you use those words your time will be deducted by 5 minutes. I hope Ed will listen to our suggestions.
        Last edited by imlouminare; 08-25-2017, 02:59 AM.

Comment

+1
          Would also want this. Would like filter my fellow Filipinos' and some curse words.
          I am the One-Eyed King!!

Comment

Technically, you can unpack the pack files, find "prohibited_words.xml" (I believe that is what it is called, at least on the server side, though there's a good chance it will be in a dnt file on the client side), edit it and add new strings for words you want censored, then repack the files.
            Last edited by Riugа; 08-26-2017, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Riugа View Post
              Technically, you can unpack the pack files, find "prohibited_words.xml" (I believe that is what it is called, at least on the server side, though there's a good chance it will be in a dnt file on the client side), edit it and add new strings for words you want censored, then repack the files.
              tampering with pak. files is considered as illegal, as the game and moderators stated that using MODs or Modification files ingame with or without knowledge of other people in the game is a serious breaking of their rule and could lead your account banned if proven you are using one, even if it is just an appearance mod, MODs are MODs that could change the way your game is for you.

these MODs are used as well for cheating Ingame, well that was from the past, i am not sure what happens today if they try doing it again.

just remember, the way you said it, is bad, its illegal to tamper with Pak. Files in your DN folder, this could lead to your account's temporary suspension or a permanent Ban.

even if you suggest to just add a few words, you are still encouraging other players to do something else while unpacking a Pak. file.

Comment

Originally posted by CLYMAX View Post

tampering with pak. files is considered as illegal, as the game and moderators stated that using MODs or Modification files ingame with or without knowledge of other people in the game is a serious breaking of their rule and could lead your account banned if proven you are using one, even if it is just an appearance mod, MODs are MODs that could change the way your game is for you.

these MODs are used as well for cheating Ingame, well that was from the past, i am not sure what happens today if they try doing it again.

just remember, the way you said it, is bad, its illegal to tamper with Pak. Files in your DN folder, this could lead to your account's temporary suspension or a permanent Ban.

even if you suggest to just add a few words, you are still encouraging other players to do something else while unpacking a Pak. file.
                Illegal under Cherry Credit's Abuse Policy, sure. We're undergoing a transfer right now that puts the Abuse Policy in murky water. We're technically no longer bound to CC's terms, however ED hasn't explicitly stated theirs yet either. DN NA's abuse policy does not implicitly fall under the future SEA service. Even if it were to adapt NA's or SEA's old abuse policy, you can't be charged ex post facto for anything.

Comment

I really hope ED will do something about it, it is very annoying when you see players spamming birds and you'll have to scroll back to read chats.
                  zProFury

Comment

+1 To this, I rarely use the chat tab. And just play in game doing what I intended to do.

Comment

I like that we can turn system messages off in the chat (very convenient when people are spamming gacha boxes). Hope we can do it with blue/yellow bird spam chats too.

Comment

Another +1
                        I keep missing some messages from party/guild cuz of the bluebirdragespams when I'm afk for a little bit and sometimes people think I ignored them .-.

Comment

Originally posted by Riugа View Post

Illegal under Cherry Credit's Abuse Policy, sure. We're undergoing a transfer right now that puts the Abuse Policy in murky water. We're technically no longer bound to CC's terms, however ED hasn't explicitly stated theirs yet either. DN NA's abuse policy does not implicitly fall under the future SEA service. Even if it were to adapt NA's or SEA's old abuse policy, you can't be charged ex post facto for anything.
                          ok then, because you said this on chat, if a moderator decides to send this and inform to the game devs of the game, they will include this on their policy, you can now be banned because of tampering pak files inside the game.

actually this is copy righted as well, you literally cant mess with things inside the game folder unless the client itself said so

Comment

Knowing ED, they can't be bothered quite honestly. I don't mind saying a few controversial things since they hardly care at this point. I am merely offering a do-it-yourself solution you can technically apply while the new abuse policy has not been posted yet. At this point in time, it is a lost cause to rely on ED to do just about anything. If you can make it happen yourself, you're better off relying on yourself rather than ED.

Regarding being banned, I do not think a hash of the hardware ID and files is sent to verify the presence of modified pack files (namely because it could be a mere case of corruption; you cannot programmatically distinguish intentional and unintentional modification of the pack files). Additionally, the game isn't even secured with TLS (or anything that even provides a fraction of the security TLS offers for that matter), so you could have a packet sniffer capture the valid hash then modify it the next time it is sent in order to get innocent people banned.

In regards to client copyright, that is not exactly the case. Some of the things inside the game folder do not belong to ED, such as fmodex.dll and the Direct3D libraries. Actually, (and don't mind me veering off topic a bit) you may be surprised to know that not even ED (and many other Korean MMOs actually) abide by the licenses of the libraries they use. Some veterans here may recall the time when I reported the lack of the FMOD license disclaimer in the DN client folder to the CEO of FMOD, who in turn confirmed the license violation with me and went on to "notify" ED of this. I do not know how it turned out (I'm almost willing to bet that ED never responded due to my own experience with them), however one and a half years later, the license disclaimer is still not inside the DN directory. This is just some food for thought. They don't seem to take legal matters very seriously for all I care, so I do not think that anyone should be overly concerned about ex post facto policies as you described.
                            Last edited by Riugа; 08-30-2017, 01:10 AM.

Comment

• CLYMAX
                              CLYMAX commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Ok, got it, you were direct to your point but i should request that suggestions like the matter would concern other moderators, and other players might actually do it and actually do this stuff in discrete, that would rather tolerate ED or the publisher of the game for security measurements and ends up breaking the game further (not that it would happen but possible) just don't suggest anything that would influence other players on being curios and end up doing Modding of files next time
                          Working...
                          X