Allow option to reduce skill visual for own skills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow option to reduce skill visual for own skills

Please set an option to reduce or somewhat make your own skills transparent. I am aware that there is an option for skills cast by partymates. Some classes can have their visibility reduced due to casting their own skills (e.g. Abyss Walker's Nightfall + Killing Wave combo).

Originally posted by BlazingSkies View Post
    Hello Adventurers,

Transparency Effect

It's a feature that can make your skill effects transparent as well as party effects.
    You can fine-tune the alpha value and set it appropriately in a line that is not disturbed by the visual field, not completely disappearing the effect.

Some effects are not affected by options, so we are improving and testing.

This is from Developer K's announcement for future updates not released on any servers yet. Stay tuned for further details, info, and notices regarding transparency effect in my future content thread.

Comment

• Skyros
      Skyros commented
      Editing a comment
      Well really good to have this for as a future update, looking forward for this. (Already subscribed to your thread)

The real question is this: when skills become invisible, will we be able to see through it properly, or will it have the shitty property now of seeing only the map texture through it?

If you play an adept you may finally have invisible Ice Palm, but if you see through your ice palm, you cannot see certain details such as the poisonous balls in Rune Dragon S3, which is a bit redundant... It gives a false sense of security, for which I rather have the opaque Ice Palm.
    Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
    Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
    Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

• Skyros
      Skyros commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry did not play Adept before, so you can see through Ice Palm but not see what the boss/mechanic is doing?

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Sometimes the Ice Palm will be near you and will cover your screen. However, as you can see through now, you may think this is good... except it's not.

This is an example how you cannot see things through Ice Palm:

• Skyros
      Skyros commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, hope the future transparency option will fix that. I would rather stay with the opaque skills if the transparency option meant something like that. Could give you wrong info about your environment.

I think it is the best suggestion I've ever seen and it definitely should be met!
    (I quite often can not see the boss when use skills>< )
    "Work hard if you want to live"
    — Argenta
    "Luckily you have me... We can go all dungeons if you want "
    — Comrade

Comment

Working...
    X