Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Sugestion- Bring Back Abyss Difficulty for the lower levels or something simular

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Sugestion- Bring Back Abyss Difficulty for the lower levels or something simular

Hello there!

I am a returning player to the game myself, been playing off and on since it first game to North America and something I always loved to do was the Abyss difficulty as I found the Normal and Hard difficulties to not be challenging and Master was only ever slightly challenging if Solo. Abyss was the only real difficulty that made the game challenging enough to play with other players of the same level.

As the game currently stands now that I am back and all the starting content is on Normal and then Master..., So far nothing has felt challenging. The game is lacking currently an incentive for new players and returning players to go through the game till max level where the Abyss difficulty is and I do think that as a result it has toned down the amount of player interaction early on in the game as it becomes a race to the end.

This series has such a rich story, funny characters and places..., but the difficulty now is too easy for me to want to stick with it, and I think several other players might feel the same way. I don't mind that the Nests were moved till end game, that change kinda makes sense to keep them all relevant. But the removal of the Abyss difficulty doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me from a development and gameplay aspect as it made the early levels more rewarding. I just fought my lvl 15 boss at the point I was at, same level as me and nothing special other then the pet... I destroyed the boss in 2 skills. This shouldn't be possible, I remember being terrified of this boss back in the day till I learned the attack patterns, but now there is no need to learn them as they die so fast.

Anyway, All ranting aside. I do think it would benefit the game to have options for the people who want the game to be harder. Even if it doesn't give extra EXP in the early levels I would be fine, as long as there was still some challenge.

/sign. I like double bosses. Just don't include Dimensional Boxes if you think that people are abusing them.
    Level 95 Sniper ~Nancekku~ ChibiDN Traitor

Comment

I don't know why those old Abyss runs were even removed. I loved doing them.

Comment

I agree I love something that challenges me and abyss did that

Comment

There are many suggestions for the return of difficulty--I'm glad! I hope eyedentity hears us out > <

Comment

Originally posted by Acrell View Post
            I don't know why those old Abyss runs were even removed. I loved doing them.
            They were removed becasue as cap got higher, it's pointless to do them. They increased EXP gained as cap increased. But I would agree, bring back Abyss level for all dungeons

Comment

Originally posted by gvue View Post

They were removed becasue as cap got higher, it's pointless to do them. They increased EXP gained as cap increased. But I would agree, bring back Abyss level for all dungeons
              I can understand that they seem "pointless" to do them, but for those that are new to the game, low-level nests act as early, challenging PvM content and when they still existed, they represented milestones for players. It's exciting when you do Cerberus Nest, and have a lot of fun, then look forward to grinding so that you can do Apocalypse Nest. Right now, it's pure "grinding,"(though I would hardly call it this when everything dies to 1 hit) and it's utterly boring as s h i t.

If they brought back "classic Dragon Nest," i think it would be appealing to new players as well as old ones. There's no reason to only reward veteran players or PvP players exclusively.

Comment

Originally posted by Mintchi View Post

I can understand that they seem "pointless" to do them, but for those that are new to the game, low-level nests act as early, challenging PvM content and when they still existed, they represented milestones for players. It's exciting when you do Cerberus Nest, and have a lot of fun, then look forward to grinding so that you can do Apocalypse Nest. Right now, it's pure "grinding,"(though I would hardly call it this when everything dies to 1 hit) and it's utterly boring as s h i t.

If they brought back "classic Dragon Nest," i think it would be appealing to new players as well as old ones. There's no reason to only reward veteran players or PvP players exclusively.
                I agree that they should. But Eyedenity removed it completely. The removal of 32/40 nest killed DN a lot. It is pure grinding lol. That's boring for DN now.

Comment

Working...
                X