Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expanding on storylines besides the Main story!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expanding on storylines besides the Main story!

Hi all,

So it occurred to me today while I was showering that aside from the main story, much of the Dragon Nest lore hadnt been expanded upon since it was introduced to the game.
    Examples would be Elanor (I cant remember how you spell her name, but she's the sister of the dark elf we kill in Carderock? Pass), whom you befriend at Saints Haven and would later progress to become the new Queen of the Dark Elves.
    The story ended pretty open endedly, with room for continuation, however has not been revisited since the Level 40 cap.

Similar incidences can be seen across many other NPCs with progressing stories, take example Stella and her business ventures, which effectively ends around the 50 cap I believe. Recently, Warrior Trainer Rodrigo had a minor come back with the TPK nest (Im not sure if this is for warriors only), and honestly I thought it was a nice touch (Correct me if Im wrong here though because I'd been out of touch with DN for a while.)

This brought up an idea in which I would like to propose- Can we perhaps have some more side story quests which expands on the original quests which we completed at a lower level? They added so much more to the game and a level of vibrancy to an otherwise somewhat linearly progressing world. What happened to the Dead City of the Dark Elves? Will May maybe find her true love? I personally found that as the level cap increased, the world of Dragon Nest became increasingly less lore rich, and more and more-so basic.

Whatever happened to Bishop Ignacio? Also, after befriending soo many NPCs and learning their stories, why is it that there are no more NPC related quests?

I guess to summarize, my suggestion is to please 1. Expand upon the stories and quests besides from the Main story line. No not new quests, to expand upon existing ones- there's so many aspects of the world which I feel like was never fully explored upon and 2, To make NPCs more relevant again- each of them (especially the new ones) have a level of story relevant to them it would seem, however would be by and large overlooked and glossed over unless they are somehow involved in the main story line- which wasnt always the case. This trend is more evident in the NPCs released post level 60. It's honestly quite a bit of a waste because I feel there could be so many more stories to enrich the DN world.

Above is my suggestion, if you happened to take the time to read this then thank you for your patience. Im quite a lore addict so I find that these things definitely enrich the game experience for myself.
    My humble thanks =)

Spoiler:

Didn't you kill the Bishop in a dragon raid? :x

Comment

Actually you faced the bishop during 70 cap in the Guardian Nest, he was killed later in the nest. I believe that the bishop we saw in bdn was mostly a illusion/nightmare.

Comment

Hate to burst your bubble, but they've been taking out side-quests or taking out portions of it. If anything, the game is heading in the opposite direction than you wish. I know how you feel though, I want to see more Teluna (current Dark Elf Queen), I want to see more of the other NPCs. Early DN, it actually felt like that the NPCs were important and may make appearances later. Now it really just feels like NPCs are throwaway exposition.

In all honesty, I'd say ED is trying to slowly bury DN.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodwill View Post
          Hate to burst your bubble, but they've been taking out side-quests or taking out portions of it. If anything, the game is heading in the opposite direction than you wish. I know how you feel though, I want to see more Teluna (current Dark Elf Queen), I want to see more of the other NPCs. Early DN, it actually felt like that the NPCs were important and may make appearances later. Now it really just feels like NPCs are throwaway exposition.

In all honesty, I'd say ED is trying to slowly bury DN.
          This ^ I feel as though they never flesh out their characters enough anymore past a certain point. The Dark Elf Queen is now going to wage war on humanity, Eyedentity be like "eh its not important".

Comment

Originally posted by Eliel View Post

This ^ I feel as though they never flesh out their characters enough anymore past a certain point. The Dark Elf Queen is now going to wage war on humanity, Eyedentity be like "eh its not important".
            Apparently the genocide and impending doom of the whole Dark Elf race is negligible in the grand scheme of things HAHAHAHA

Comment

Working...
            X