Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revising the "Energy" system for EX skills.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revising the "Energy" system for EX skills.

Hello all,

Today I bring forth a suggestion regarding the "Energy system" (i.e. Bullets for Shooting Star, Hyper? Train for Gladiators, Magic Energy for Lunar Knights which can we please rename to Moon Lord already etc) which I havent particularly thought through however would like to throw out here either way.
    You see while the concept itself is great and adds a new layer to the game play, I find that this system makes skills either too spamable in certain cases (Shooting star. Im unsure if this system is new for Tinkerers actually.), or renders certain skills unusable and or often unused.
    For LKs in particular, one of the skill upgrades meant that using that skill from now on consumes all available magic energies, which while adding a certain sense of "ultimate" to it, meant that the skill is used maybe like twice the whole dungeon despite its short cool down, and all while the same time rendering the actual class ultimate a mere gimmick often unvisited.
    Similarly with Coup De Grace for Gladiators, where using it once means that several other skills becomes unusable for the next short while at the very least, and also limits the amount of usage of the skill itself.
    I find that this system too often limits the enjoyability and frequency of use of certain skills.

Like I said I havent completely thought this through and just wanted to throw it out there, apologies if I was repeating myself a lot. This is just something I wish Eyedentity could look upon, as I find perhaps in the midst of pursuing balance the classes have somewhat lost their uniqueness la di da.

Perhaps the easiest way to address this issue right now would be changing the values of energy consumed for each skill- either increasing it or decreasing it, so the system is a bit more forgiving for players whom miss or do not execute the skill properly, and perhaps a bit more restrictive on certain skills that are being spammed too frequently.

Otherwise, a complete overhaul will be nice- I find that skill overhauls are needed in not just this system but several other aspects as well, but that's for another post at another time.

Thanks for having the patience to sit through my post LOL feel free to criticise me.

Regards, Humble =)

I love energy, I love loading skills through the use of other skills, I love this micromanagment. Makes the game feel more action-y and adds a layer of strategy. This is what the game should have been from the beginning instead of having mana points. Part of the reason I main Majesty it's how annoying mana is.

I actually think that making certain skills unuable it's good, people should be made to think their options rather than mindlessly throwing skills as soon as they are off cooldown. If the system it's made more lax, it becomes completely pointless to have the bubble system to begin. it's not like your entire quickslot bar becomes bloqued like if you ran out of mana.

The real issue here are the skills that bubbles actually turned them spammable instead of the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Chocorroles View Post
      I love energy, I love loading skills through the use of other skills, I love this micromanagment. Makes the game feel more action-y and adds a layer of strategy. This is what the game should have been from the beginning instead of having mana points. Part of the reason I main Majesty it's how annoying mana is.

I actually think that making certain skills unuable it's good, people should be made to think their options rather than mindlessly throwing skills as soon as they are off cooldown. If the system it's made more lax, it becomes completely pointless to have the bubble system to begin. it's not like your entire quickslot bar becomes bloqued like if you ran out of mana.

The real issue here are the skills that bubbles actually turned them spammable instead of the other way around.
      I agree with you on many fronts when it comes to micromanagement and adding the additional layer of strategy. You mentioned half of what I intended to get to which is certain skill shave become too spammable- but at the same time, there is also another load of skills that have become virtually unusable. The energy system needs a revamp as I see it in the sense that it has made a handful of skills sit on two extreme ends of the spectrum- either wayyy to spamable or way to unusable, hence my point.

There never should be skills which are unusable. Restricted in use but having skills which consumes all your "energy" (bubbles I believe you refer to them as?) is imo, quite stupid.

Comment

Working...
      X