Skill Damage Bug - Windwalker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skill Damage Bug - Windwalker

There is a huge damage bug with the skill Rising Storm of Windwalker and I found it when I was comparing the damage with the skill Eagle Dive.

After the patch update, Instant Rising Storm should have 12281% damage

Calculation: 6820% (original skill damage) x 1.5 (extension damage boost) x 1.2 (awakening damage boost) = 12281%

Whereas Instant Eagle Dive should have 8295% damage

Calculation: 2765% (original skill damage) x 1.5 (extension) x 2 (awakening) = 8295%

Therefore INS RIsing Storm's damage should be way above INS Eagle Dive. But in my testing, the reality is totally opposite.

INS Eagle Dive
    Ins Eagle Dive damage: approx 3bil

Click image for larger version  Name:	Inked2_LI.jpg Views:	1 Size:	194.8 KB ID:	147607
    Ins Eagle Dive 2nd test: 3.3bil

Click image for larger version  Name:	Inked3_LI.jpg Views:	1 Size:	182.9 KB ID:	147608
    INS Rising Storm: 2.6bil

Click image for larger version  Name:	Inked4_LI.jpg Views:	1 Size:	211.9 KB ID:	147609

INS Rising Storm 2nd test: 2.6bil

My stat:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	QQ图片20180912173945.jpg Views:	1 Size:	36.7 KB ID:	147610

The ins Rising Storm's damage does not match with the calculations at all, there is a BIG MISTAKE in calculating the damage of Rising Storm. I've made several tests for Instant Blooming Kick as well to justify my doubts and later on I will post the result.

Attached Files
    Last edited by fiish; 09-14-2018, 05:04 AM.
    One day I will wake up with Paro the love of my life
    We will play some DN and everything will be alright
    - ✨
    (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*

Skill (Ins) Damage (Percentage) In-Game Damage Dealt (Billion) In-Game damage as per 1% of Skill Damage (Billion)
    Eagle Dive 8295 3.3 3.3/8295=0.003978
    Blooming Kick 7634 3 3/7634=0.00393
    Rising Storm 12281.4 2.6 2.6/12281/4=0.002117 (???)

I did some tests on Blooming Kick and I use it as a comparison subject along with Eagle Dive.

If we divide the In-Game Damage Dealt by the Skill Damage, the number we get is a unit that increases proportional to 1% of Skill Damage.
    It’s clear to see that Eagle Dive and Blooming Kick are consistent but Rising Storm is way lower than the average 0.00395.

With the number, it can be calculated that Rising Storm should at least have 12281.4% x 0.00395=4.85bil damage dealt.

So it’s either my calculations went wrong or there is a damage bug with the Rising Storm. I know Windwalker hasn’t been a popular choice unlike other super op classes but, but I really do hope ED still cares about us. I have spent a lot of time and effort in this game and I have been hoping Windwalker becomes stronger, I appreciate the buff even it’s not strong enough to make WW a T1 class. Rising Storm is not the only bug with WW but it’s the most urgent one right now. So please I need some response.
    @GM
    One day I will wake up with Paro the love of my life
    We will play some DN and everything will be alright
    - ✨
    (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*

Comment

Hi there!

There is some sort of confusion. Technically speaking there is no change with AC utilization of Blooming Kick and Eagle Dive, they just rephrased the statement from "becomes" into "increases". This makes it 1 + 2.

I quote a snippet from Wikipedia article.
      An increase of 100% in a quantity means that the final amount is 200% of the initial amount (100% of initial + 100% of increase = 200% of initial); in other words, the quantity has doubled. An increase of 800% means the final amount is 9 times the original (100% + 800% = 900% = 9 times as large).
      This means that the value of Eagle's Descent EX is taken as the original amount (100%). Increasing it by 200% makes it 3 times larger than the original making up 300%.

I have computed this and shred it in my guide at SEA. Initially, I computed same as you, however, they just rephrased the Awakening text. The AC contenders are still AC ED and AC Blooming Kick.

note: Air pounce is not updated here, AWK Air pounce damage is equivalent to 6 hits, increase of 500%.

Additionally, I suggest testing with a broken weapon so that you will get consistent damage results. The variance between the min and max attack can make a difference in damage testing. This is what I learned from veterans.
      In reference to Rising Storm, it has never been a contender before with Air Current utilization. It has been Eagle's Descent and Blooming kick which has been more competitive than Rising Storm. I personally only use it as a filler ever since awakening got introduced along side with Cyclone Kick.

Proper utilization of AC skills and Showtime are what I think essential for Windwalker game play. Core DPS skills would be Enhanced Spiral Edge, Air Pounce and either AC Blooming Kick or AC Eagle's Descent.

A discussion in SEA discord a few months ago mentioned that a tDN player classified WW on par with Arti after these changes. However, I do feel the same in which the boost still lacks a few thing to make WW on top, but, it gave the boost Windwalker long deserved.

To summarize, this is no bug and damage output is correct.

All the best!
      Last edited by nvLite; 09-17-2018, 02:15 PM.
      Lorallite (Windwalker)

Comment

I think the change in tooltip descriptions may have caused some confusion (including for me). It was until I took a closer look.
      • For example, the previous notation for AC Eagle Dive was "ATK becomes 300%".
      • While the new notation is "ATK increases by +200%". Which is the standard for our other skills and Dragon Nest actually.
      • In terms of numbers, both notations mean to multiply the board damage by 3.
      • So long story short. I think the numbers should be okay.

It would be expected to get fairly similar damage values. Since the four AC skills have only +/- 566% range variation among each other.
      • AC Eagle Dive: 12443%
      • AC Blooming Kick: 8483% (additional hit 12724%)
      • AC Rising Storm: 12282%
      • AC Swift Attack: 12159%

Last edited by NanamiMuffy; 10-02-2018, 08:33 AM.
      ⋋(◍’Θ’◍)⋌ windwalker (=^・ェ・^=) War Mage

Comment

Working...
      X