• Cannot complete Arch Heretic Advancement Quest

Client version: ver. 584
    Time: 11:40am EST
    Character name: Caligo
    Character level: 53
    Class: Heretic
    Frequency of error: All the time

Description:
    During the advancement quest for Arch Heretic I talk to the Priestess of Darkness Eclaire and I'm supposed to fight my shadow afterwards to advance from Heretic to Arch Heretic, but the game doesn't let me fight it and instead moves me to Liverwort Marina straight away.

Actual result: The game skips to another screen and moves my character to Liverwort Marina with the quest not completed.
    Expected result: Fight my shadow during the quest to complete it.
    Temporary Solution (work-around): None

Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crpGK773mLk

If I go back to the Gate of Darkness again and return to the Boundary of Dimensions the same bug occurs. Would it be possible to "force" my character to go from Heretic to Arch Heretic if it can't be fixed?
    Last edited by Tortellini; 01-27-2017, 10:24 AM.

Originally posted by Tortellini View Post

Client version: ver. 584
    Time: 11:40am EST
    Character name: Caligo
    Character level: 53
    Class: Heretic
    Frequency of error: All the time

Description:
    During the advancement quest for Arch Heretic I talk to the Priestess of Darkness Eclaire and I'm supposed to fight my shadow afterwards to advance from Heretic to Arch Heretic, but the game doesn't let me fight it and instead moves me to Liverwort Marina straight away.

Actual result: The game skips to another screen and moves my character to Liverwort Marina with the quest not completed.
    Expected result: Fight my shadow during the quest to complete it.
    Temporary Solution (work-around): None

Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crpGK773mLk

If I go back to the Gate of Darkness again and return to the Boundary of Dimensions the same bug occurs. Would it be possible to "force" my character to go from Heretic to Arch Heretic if it can't be fixed?
    Minor bugs and glitches can cause all that im dying you shall remain a heretic forever

Comment

Dean50 Yaya

​​​​​​​Help?

Comment

• alaraen
        alaraen commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry for reviving an old thread, just wondering - did you ever hear back about that? I had a similar issue where I couldn't get my Cleric (to-be arch heretic) past the tutorial - it would keep reloading the tutorial. Eventually, I went to the character screen and back about 5 times before it just worked somehow.
    Working...
    X