Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Armory troubles

Hello ~
    My problem is that every time I enter that dungeon (East Armory) It disconnect my internet! It doesn't close the game or anything like that, but it disconect the internet of my router. I don't know what to do and I really want to play... Anybody help!!

(I'm from Chile, SA)

So, just to make sure I understand this right, if you enter East Armory, your Internet stops?

So, it doesn't just disconnect you from the game, it disconnects your internet completely? (No YouTube, no Facebook, etc.?)

Another question. It's just the East Armory? What about Ancient Archive and West Armory? Do those disconnect you too?
    ~ Check this out if you're having problems installing Dragon Nest ~

~ Check out this or this if you can't hit or loot anything in-game ~

Orona -- Ice Witch

Comment

Originally posted by Orona View Post
      So, just to make sure I understand this right, if you enter East Armory, your Internet stops?

So, it doesn't just disconnect you from the game, it disconnects your internet completely? (No YouTube, no Facebook, etc.?)

Another question. It's just the East Armory? What about Ancient Archive and West Armory? Do those disconnect you too?
      Disconnects completely... and I have to restart the router. For now is just with that dungeon.

Comment

Ummm... I'll be completely honest. I have no idea how to fix that.

I did a little Google searching and found a thread that might be of some interest to you. It's not related to Dragon Nest, but the problem is similar.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/...ing-games.html

Here's the short version of what's posted in that thread.

1) If you're using wireless internet to play Dragon Nest, try using a wired connection instead.
        2) If you're using a laptop to play Dragon Nest, make sure the power settings are on "Maximum Performance".
        3) If neither of those work, you may have to make sure your wi-fi adapter is up-to-date with its drivers.

Let me know if any of those ideas make a difference for you.
        ~ Check this out if you're having problems installing Dragon Nest ~

~ Check out this or this if you can't hit or loot anything in-game ~

Orona -- Ice Witch

Comment

• Edelweiss
          Edelweiss commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll try using an UTP cable for now. But what I find weird is that my router loses the connection, not my laptop :/

• Orona
          Orona commented
          Editing a comment
          Good point. x.x Can you tell us the model of the router you have? Maybe the router needs to be upgraded/replaced?

I'll be honest, I'm still hoping a cable connection keeps your router from overloading. (It sounds like that is what's happening, anyway.)

Ok... with an UTP cable I can play without problems, so thank you for your help. But now I think I need to change my router :c
        And my router is a Thomsom TG 798vn
        Last edited by Edelweiss; 12-12-2016, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• Orona
          Orona commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm glad the UTP cable fixed it for you.

Unfortunately, I'm struggling to find any information about your specific router online. x.x (I actually can't even find a single page with that brand/model number) So I don't have any more thoughts for you.

To be fair, networking isn't something I know a lot about, so me reading the router specs probably wasn't going to be the most helpful. xD I kinda hoped someone else might know about routers though and speak up.
      Working...
      X