High Ping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Ping

I've been experiencing a constant 270-300 ms for the past few days now.
    Not sure whats brought this on but i've checked my net and it's not that.
    I'm Australian and whenever my ping spikes its just for a few seconds.
    My ms normally sits around 190-210, but now it's just unplayable :/

Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm not using my home internet so I can't confirm/deny if the server is acting normally, but I guess I'll just mention a few things that could cause lag on your end:

1) Internet being unstable due to having many people/devices on it
    2) Internet being unstable due to using wifi instead of a wired connection
    3) If you play through Steam and Steam is trying to do any updates while you play, that can cause it
    4) If your computer uses Windows (especially Win10) and Windows is trying to do updates while you're playing Dragon Nest

If none of those are at fault, then I'm a little low on ideas for why your ping would all of a sudden start being higher than normal. :x
    ~ Check this out if you're having problems installing Dragon Nest ~

~ Check out this or this if you can't hit or loot anything in-game ~

Orona -- Ice Witch

Comment

Originally posted by Orona View Post
      I'm not using my home internet so I can't confirm/deny if the server is acting normally, but I guess I'll just mention a few things that could cause lag on your end:

1) Internet being unstable due to having many people/devices on it
      2) Internet being unstable due to using wifi instead of a wired connection
      3) If you play through Steam and Steam is trying to do any updates while you play, that can cause it
      4) If your computer uses Windows (especially Win10) and Windows is trying to do updates while you're playing Dragon Nest

If none of those are at fault, then I'm a little low on ideas for why your ping would all of a sudden start being higher than normal. :x
      1. There's always at least 2-3 people using the net at the same time but its never taken a toll on my ping ever.
      2. I have cable net which is the fastest type available in australia.
      3. Just changed my steam updates to apply them offline. Still no change to my ping.
      4. I have Win 7.

Thanks for your input at least appreciate it

I've called up my provider and they say there has not been any outages or maintenance in my area.
      A virus check has come out clean.
      Disconnecting the router and letting it chill for 10 minutes hasn't done anything.

I'm quite positive this is ED's fault. I've sent in a ticket and made this thread, kinda hoped the server maintenance a few days ago was going to fix this but I guess not.
      I've run out of options and not entirely sure what to do next.. sigh

Comment

Hmm. I guess I only have one question left then. Is DN the only game that has seen a spike in ping lately? So by that, I mean, are there any other applications or games that have been loading more slowly or have shown spikes in ping?

For example, a friend of mine has crappy internet that sometimes likes to lag him for no reason. It causes him to lag in-game, but it also makes him lag on TeamSpeak, which we use to speak.

Another example; as I said in the previous post, I'm not on my home internet right now. Sometimes I get hit with awful lag where I am, but I also see a noticeable difference in how fast and at what quality YouTube videos or Twitch streams are loading.

I guess what I'm implying is: If DN is the only application on your PC that's acting differently, then ED (or CC support) probably needs to fix it, or guide you in finding the problem. It may be possible for something on your end to cause only Dragon Nest to act up, but I'm lost regarding where you would have to look to find the problem.

Worst case scenario, we should have an actual game update next week. If you have absolutely no assistance by then, definitely try to log in anyway and see if the patch fixed your issue.

Best of luck though, and I'm sorry I couldn't be more help.
        ~ Check this out if you're having problems installing Dragon Nest ~

~ Check out this or this if you can't hit or loot anything in-game ~

Orona -- Ice Witch

Comment

Working...
        X