Non-steam launcher can't start the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-steam launcher can't start the game

My steam's Dragon Nest launcher works fine: when I click on Start Game the launcher closes, the XIGN thing on the bottom right shows up, and the game starts - logs in, I can play. The regular (non-steam) launcher however, does not start the game. The launcher opens, my game is up to date, I click on Start Game and the launcher closes, and that's the end of that. The XIGN doesn't pop up at the bottom right and the game doesn't start.

Both launchers use the same files within the steam folder, and are from the same Steam download.

Attached is a screenshot of four log files:
    Left half is the log and outlog from the failed startup (non-steam), and the right half is the log and outlog from the successful Steam startup.

I wanna be able to run the game outside of Steam, so any help or info is appreciated.

EDIT: I get no error messages whatsoever that's why I looked at the logs

Seems you need to fully uninstall Steam version DN first to finish the work. Because of our latest launcer update, currently many of you guys includin me are having trouble with patching files. But generally users solved the issue by uninstalling DN and download whole new files again. Maybe this can work for you.

Comment

Unfortunately it didn't work for me. Patching keeps failing again. Gotta try that workaround for patching another player has posted within the forums and see if the regular launcher would start the game by then.

Comment

Tried the easy-installer this time and that one patched without a hitch and runs the game fine.

Comment

Working...
        X