X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utilizing SH's Flying Ability to Maximize DPS Windows in RUDN's Mechanics

Update about Skill Rotation and Skill Plates

Hi, since the most important thing being a SH is how you can freely DPS in the air without getting bothered by boss's attacks, and by that case i recommend you to use Magic Arrow, Arrow Storm, Rising Wind, and Aerial Wild Shot all CD Plates to safely stay in Airborne even when you have WP and Harmo Buff, and with rotation starts with Rising Wind > Magic Arrow > Deluge Bolt + Arrow Storm > Aerial Wild Shot > Spiral Bolt > Tornado Shot > (Back to Magic Arrow again until Aerial Wild Shot or Spiral Bolt) > Liberty Attack + Tornado Shot EX Instant, yesh it's ended with you landing to the ground near boss and use the Tornado Shot EX Instant to maximize your DPS.

And after that, i recommend to keep DPS-ing in Airborne until Tornado Shot CD is done to use Liberty Attack + Tornado Shot EX Instant again to keep you for being damaged on the ground especially if you're still learning the boss's movement and attacks, if you're confident on your dodging skills then i suggest keep using Tornado Shot EX Instant whenever Liberty Attack is off CD like i did in the video below.

You may change the Rising Wind CD Plate to Deluge Bolt CD Plate or Tornado Shot Action Speed Plate, depends on your preference

Don't forget to use Flamingo or Air Raid regularly and the end of your skill rotation if you wish to keep staying in Airborne

Video Description

Hi everyone,

Since SH's boost is finally here (and Monkey Catch's second-jump-bug finally fixed), i just wanna share to y'all who maybe wanna try playing her for RUDN raids, here's a video of how you could utilize her flying ability to maximize your DPS even DURING mechanics.
    Here are some explanations :

Scene 1 : If you fly high enough (but not that high tho) you could be invincible to every mech debuff that the raids gave you, like IDN's confuse debuff, or Managram's confuse debuff as well, but to other new debuff mechs i think we have to try it first (like Phoenix's rotating fire breath mechanic in VN, i tried to fly high enough but still got hit and instant death), well in RUDN i think you can dodge almost from all its debuff mechanic

Scene 2 : Beside debuff mech like Confuse, you could be invincible to mech's failure penalty as well, at the start of scene 2 if you look at the system image it was shown that i failed to kill all the minions but i didn't get hit by the explosion penalty cuz i was still in the air, and of course there's the Managram's fire breath mark which either you got the mark or your friend did, you could still DPS in the air without having to worry for anything, even spikes (refer to scene 3)

Scene 3 : In this scene you could see that spikes (and breath as well) won't bother you to DPS during the Crossroad mechanic, you could try to DPS above the breath as well but i wouldn't suggest it cuz if you somehow messed up your skill rotations to stays in airborne, the breath would instantly kill you, so DPS-ing above the spikes is a better option.

Scene 4 : Dark chaos room mechanic, yes you could DPS in here too BUT in raids you should consider your party members as well, so try to fly just right in front of the boss or a little bit to the left/ right so your friends could still walk through the mechanic without you being the self-ignorant-egoistic-partykiller-bastard, oh in this scene (which is my favorite stage to "steal" some DPS) is my entire DPS spots for stage 3 so take a look.

Scene 5 : Same at scene 4, DPS spot for stage 3 mechanics

Scene 6 : This is where your party member's envy you so much, during the Dragon Sign mechanic, while your friends are moving to the left/ right to line up the Fire Lines (i dunno what to call them), you can still DPS-ing as they move BUT you have to stay still above them Fire Lines so you wouldn't mess up the Fire Lines (i tried to read this and it's quite confusing to me as well, just watch the video), and when the dragon is flying to use its breath, you could either be a show-off-fvcker who gets to fly near the dragon like i did, or just simply walk through the breath with your friends.

Scene 7 : Just me being a show-off-fvcker who can stay alive by flying when those mechanics failed.

For you Silver Hunters who wanna try this as well i really really recommend that avoid using Rising Wind while there's spikes/ poison etc below you cuz Rising Wind's chained-to-the-ground bug is still exist.

Happy flying !

P.S.
    Ignore my low damages cuz my main is not archer sorry, 240k matk in-town, 2k FD, 400k crit damage, 50% light

P.S.S.
    Even when you got the ASPD + MSPD from Harmonize and WP, you could still stay airborne with the right skill rotations, give it a try or check my raid video using SH in here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlgksvYzVkQ&t=346s
    Last edited by WildMist; 05-10-2018, 03:07 AM.

Thanks for sharing the nice video. I hope though that someone posts a skill rotation/use sequence. That would be even nicer.
    Azonia Teh 110-pound Dancer
    BoRaCay Guild

Semper Fidelis

Comment

• WildMist
      WildMist commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll make one later @w@/

I'm more interested in the plates since it can affect your skill rotation i wonder if you did something different with it.

Comment

• Kwangjaaaa
      Kwangjaaaa commented
      Editing a comment
      All cooldown reductions. Which is more beneficial tho, DMG or CD? Cuz I've got DMG for Arrow Storm and Deluge Bolt. Also can you explain each of your plates? That would be very nice

• nvLite
      nvLite commented
      Editing a comment
      Having CD is beneficial in terms of sustaining airborne

• Kwangjaaaa
      Kwangjaaaa commented
      Editing a comment
      But for damage overall?

Nice video. While I wouldn't really recommend such bold gameplay to any player during a raid (for fear of endangering your team members) it is nice to know you can avoid certain mechanic with enough altitude.

Though, in all honesty, I believe Artillery will still outdamage SH with similar gear thanks to her near-instantaneous FTA which can be used at any time without the need to aim as long as you're within
    range.

Besides, even if your SH does not take any damage, certain trace attacks may still follow you and hit your grounded teammate (i.e Poison Meteor/Ball, Dragon Sign).

TL;DR such trick should only be used by players who are confident of their ability to pilot SH, and even then it's best to not use them at all in a party play.

Comment

• WildMist
      WildMist commented
      Editing a comment
      Compromising the safety of the team is only on stage 3 Dark chaos energy though, we can strike that out if it's the best for the team, the rest is fine, just for the Dragon Sign and stage 3 poison balls (where we have to run in circle with the team to avoid) as long as we stay at one spot in the air, we're good to go, in my video you can see that at Dragon Sign mech i managed to stay just in that spot so i wont compromise the Fire Lines to go other ways.

Oh and stage 3 Poison Balls Machine Gun and Pizza Laser Mark mech, we could stay in the air and prevent those mechs from killing our teammates if we got the mark, same thing like a cleric using block or divine avatar when they got the mark.
      Last edited by WildMist; 01-16-2018, 07:54 AM.

Alright, as per asking a raider:

And yes, everything in the video should work perfectly fine in 8man
    As long as you don't just f*ck your party members up by doing it

As for this matter

Compromising the safety of the team is only on stage 3 Dark chaos energy though, we can strike that out if it's the best for the team, the rest is fine, just for the Dragon Sign and stage 3 poison balls (where we have to run in circle with the team to avoid) as long as we stay at one spot in the air, we're good to go, in my video you can see that at Dragon Sign mech i managed to stay just in that spot so i wont compromise the Fire Lines to go other ways.

Oh and stage 3 Poison Balls Machine Gun and Pizza Laser Mark mech, we could stay in the air and prevent those mechs from killing our teammates if we got the mark, same thing like a cleric using block or divine avatar when they got the mark.
    Raids are Team Play, hence everything should be done with teamwork, including mechanics.

Compromising team play for personal DPS gain should not be advertised in my opinion because you are a team.

Unless your team is completely comfortable with the above gameplay, you should always do mechs as agreed or as it should be.
    Last edited by nvLite; 01-16-2018, 09:31 AM.
    Lorallite (Windwalker)

Comment

• WildMist
      WildMist commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, i've decided not to Fly-DPS in the most dangerous mech like Dark energy, but other DPS spots i'm still doing it.
      As for teammates, actually my friends were the ones who suggested to try SH in RUDN mechs since they saw me being invincible during IDN mechs, so i got excited when i found out you can do DPS in those restricted moments, oh well i'll never gonna use my SH in RUDN HC though cuz she's very low-geared and i always do RUDN HC using sorcs and healers.

Thanks again for your inputs very appreciated @w@/

• Vaddix
      Vaddix commented
      Editing a comment
      Besides, I dont think its a great idea to fly around like 90% of a time during the extent of the raid, but flying really is fun tho :v .

• nvLite
      nvLite commented
      Editing a comment
      it does :')

i never tried any archer chars but i tried creating SH now its lvl 90 and its FREAKING AMAZING when it flies !! i laaaveeettttttttt !~~

P.S. im practicing and thinking of making it my main Char ♥♥

Comment

"I believe i can Fly~"

Patience is a virtue~
      Thank you Huzaaaart for my Avatar~

Comment

Interesting, sticking

Comment

New raid video if anyone's interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlgksvYzVkQ&t=346s

Comment

I'm returned player maining SH in cap 90 era and totally new to these 95cap things. May I have a few questions about SH in cap 95?

1. Did they remove Skill Accessories because I cannot find them anymore at Blacksmith? The fact that matter is that I'm used to the 2s CD Monkey Catch and it did save me a lot back then.
            2. In next patches, 50% INT will be added and CM3 debuff duration will increase to 10s sounds like a big boost to SH right? Has SH ever been on top DPS for the last 3 years?

Comment

Should I learn Owl's Insight since it's a permanent passive now?
            And why should I take FD instead of more light attack?
            Last edited by Gotterin; 10-23-2018, 05:27 AM.

Comment

• nvLite
              nvLite commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi!

Wise of the Owl/Owl's Insight is a good skill to have, it can vary since you are SH. But generally, it does help.
              FD vs Light Attack.
              - Light Attack is easily gain-able on various resources and very abundant in-game. Final Damage is reverse.
              - Even if you are not going to invest in FD, it gives you more reason to take the FD passive as it is a different multiplier.

• Gotterin
              Gotterin commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh, okay! Thank you a lot, your guides are super-helpfull~!
          Working...
          X