Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tempest class balance and server lagging issue

Hi everyone,
    First, I would like to informed that I've been played DNSea for a while. And my main is tempest.

I mostly play for PVP, but nowaday. many things happened until a point that I have to write this to GM or developer.
    Also, I would like to share my thoughts to fellows in this forum

I got 2 major concern about Tempest class balance and the server issue.

Lets start:

1. How the hell developer made tempest as a tempest

Since the beginning, People do believes that "Acrobat" are really good at PVP, especially 1-1 until around cap40
    But I was thinking how unfair the game balance that the "Tempest is one of the most helpless class" in my opinion.

1.1 Engaging skill:
    We invest some skill points to expecting that it will bring "significant" upgrade to our specific skill. For tempest there are "Binding shot EX" and "Kick Shot EX".
    But it seems like even these skills goes "EX", It doesn't help much. e.g.

Kick Shot EX: In PVP, This is one of the very first skill that will available to use. I saw many people stuck using this skill because IT CANNOT GET PAST most of skills casted by other class.
    Even normal hit from Clerics or Warrior can stops this skill (A decent so called "EX" of tempest). And spell casters like Majesty just shoot a beam or Ice spear to stop us. And now many classes gain more benefits from their long range abilities. Kick shot EX are really needed for initiate. The second thing is the kicking moment. I rarely saw it can really strikes the enemy properly and launch them to air. Most kicks are just like nothing even I saw it 100% "hit", If often "Slipped through" the body just like nothing, Regardless of the skill itself is damn bug or there is a lag. But this happens many times. Conclusion, This skill is likely to be effective only when you follow up the combo. The kicking state is so fucked up that sometimes it just doesn't work even with well-aiming. And running moment is too useless without some iframes.

Binding shot EX: The upgrade of Binding shot is just extended the range and it's AOE, Binding shot basically has 2 hits - The state that it reaches the target and the state that it pulls them it. In an ideal situation - Binding shot is use when and enemy is knock back. That's an easy catch. But since there are many moment that I need to use it in some "Emergency" situation. This skill can't incapacitate almost anything, can't stops enemy from casting, and most important is - THE RANGE IS NOT RELIABLE. Sometimes, I saw on my eyes that it can reaches enemy at very long distance, but sometimes, It appears like it cannot reaches enemy even when they just standing still or walking - with an "Average range". I was so upset that I can't have a handy way to predict the outcome of the skill. And often makes my plan goes fucked.

Blooming kick: At level x: Blooming Kick explains that it will make "100%" stun rate. Come on, It doesn't work that way. Blooming kick is a very important skill with an expectation that it will deliver stun to the enemy sowe can get some slot to manage. I considered "Blooming Kick" has long cast time with a very short range. That's still ok. Despite it can be stopped by spamming of SM's slash. Blooming Kick stun chance still get deducted by "Hidden Armor" of other class. That's mean not all Blooming Kick can actually stun. AndI can't figure a better skill to stop someone from casting their skill rather than Hurricane dance and Blooming Kick. If Blooming Kick failed

Pin wheel: Archer class is very stupid at getting up, while other class "Get up" as quick as they can, Archer takes about 2-3 second to cast Pin Wheel. In PVP , Pin wheel is very easy for opponent to strike at me by just wait for my character finishing her animation. It may looks cool when a fucking character designer came up with that idea but it is very impratical move. Most classes get up instantly and push enemy backward as soon as they can, Perhaps in just 1 action. But it takes too long for archer to spin her legs and ended up facing enemy next strike.

1.2 The aspect of gameplay and the character
    Most of games in the world, The character that habits close range combat always have their "survival ability", Regardless of their high armor, being invincible at some moment, or being very fast. It's the basic mechanism that provides the balance and support the way of playing. For tempest, Perhaps being the "A closet attack range melee class" among all classes in Dragonnest, Admid it, There is no sexy way of playing them. Most of the time Tempest always trade their life like a fucking tank to get close to the enemy, - get slashed first, get smashed first - Most tempest falled on the ground 1 times at the very beginning of the PVP. Yup surely a lot of melee classes do that. But they still maintain their engaging with very high SA like destroyer or iframe for Swordmasters. Tempest has almost no iframe contains in their skill. With the fun fact that - "it is a class that has closet attack range" with "Lowest SA" in the game. If you think Tempest are fast think again. Most of their skills takes 0.5 sec to perform. like Blooming Kick, bindshot, Multishot. These skills can be cancelled by a fingertips of enemy. Even casting "Hurricane Dance" still can be stopped by a normal hit of cleric. What are a thing that support the fact that they are "Melee" character? It feels like you grab one stupid knife fight with a person who is holding AK-47.

There are a scenario like..
    - Almost all tempest skills just slipped through paladins. But they attack me just fine. WTF (Paladins right now have iframe almost 100% of their move. Acro is very poor at countering their charges)
    - One spamming slash of SM stops heavy skill like blooming kick.
    - Completely raped against Kali. (You know what I mean)
    - Runner sniper, not a chance
    - Etc, almost any skills (or even a fart) and get acros fall on the ground.

I heard a story that they onced nerfed acrobats so badly. But it is better to just get this class out and make a better one. Maybe acrobats are just being a class that represent Chun-li but there is no potential in gameplay nowaday.

2. Impratical and lagging server
    First thing first, I connected from Thailand. Okay I may use a wireless connection. But I was doing fine with Dota2 without any significant lagging. Dragonnest is a game that sometimes fake a ping. Seriously, I experienced a lot of game that exhibits lagging, as well as Dragonnest, But I find a game tricky handle with a syncing mechanism. On your side, your character is free to walk. It looks like everything go on just fine.. until at the moment your got smashed from nowhere. Then you realized that last second you were still seeing your enemy at the other side of a map. or being very far from you. There is a fine line between human error and lag. But trust me, This game mimick lagging so neatly. And point is, If you are lagging and your opponent is not. They will see you behave just fine. At the moment you are lagging and looks like the character standing still. In reality, they are being offensed by the opponent. Lagging may not happens like one big wave. But happense overtime. Much enough to let me lose advantages of fight, There are stupid scenarios like.

- I saw enemy walking away, But in reality he is lying on the ground
    - I hit enemy with blooming kick, Then I took his damage, then 2 seconds after that, enemy just get stunned.
    - I saw enemy taken my damage and was lying on the ground, and I put my skill on him, Nothing happened because actually he was get up and ran off 3 seconds ago.
    - Can't counter properly. I always taken damage first before my oppoment did. Even I cast ahead of him.
    - Relocation, All classes not just mages.

PVP is never fair nowaday because these stupid issues, How the hell you can have a proper fight under shitty environment. I never see PVP revamp since DN started. There are just stupid nerfs that never bring true balance to a gameplay, not even close.

Conclusion
    I personally likes Dragonnest for art direction and the game mechanism, But I would like to raise my concerns about a bad game balance and a shitty server. I was addicted, But now getting bored. So much lags and many things that makes a game isn't well enough to be a game. I am about to get my ass out and shift to something more "Well-crafted" "Well-made" "Well-thought". rather a game that evolving into a harem, Invest money into new nests, But never invest into sake of quality.

To DNSea team, please acknowledge and convoy this to Eyedentity,
    Thanks

Originally posted by flukosan View Post
    Pin wheel: Archer class is very stupid at getting up, while other class "Get up" as quick as they can, Archer takes about 2-3 second to cast Pin Wheel. In PVP , Pin wheel is very easy for opponent to strike at me by just wait for my character finishing her animation. It may looks cool when a fucking character designer came up with that idea but it is very impratical move. Most classes get up instantly and push enemy backward as soon as they can, Perhaps in just 1 action. But it takes too long for archer to spin her legs and ended up facing enemy next strike.
    This one is actually true, it's is very very slow. I really feel bad for those archers I fought in pvp. That's why when they got up, I just give them a chance to get up by keeping my distance away, so they would feel safe and never use their tumble skill just to evade my upcoming attack after they just got up.

There's a fast version of it, but only for machina, and that should be used in archers as well.

Comment

Originally posted by flukosan View Post
      - I saw enemy walking away, But in reality he is lying on the ground
      This!

My internet is so fast that I could download 12 episode of an anime and finish downloading it in a few minutes, yet my ping reaches to middle and yellow, and this normally/naturally/constantly happens to me.

It is truly frustrating and keeps fucking up my combo.

I often see this occurance on pvp videos as well

Also, my framerate drops so low and it cancels my combo, similar to getting a electrocution debuff from an opponent

Comment

I would just simply quit playing DN if they could just have an anime adaptation of it, and I'd rather watch it all instead. Unfortunately, they only have one episode, and it's on chinese (I don't wanna be racist, but, I really hate chinese anime because of their "Ching Chong" ramblings in it). I don't even know if that was considered an episode.

Honestly, I'm just playing DN because of it's unique storyline, and most RPG animes doesn't even have this kind of thing, so I play just to immerse myself, pretend as a main character and carefully reading all dialogues in the storyline, then record all of my gameplays and watch it all, and when I watch it, it feels like I'm already watching an episode of an anime.

Again, I don't want to be an SJW or something, but I really hate their ideas about "Gender-lock" in the character, I really want male machina so bad.
        Last edited by Agent3554; 05-29-2018, 06:35 PM.

Comment

flukosan
          I will be very honest and say that i did not read everything in your post in detail. However, i do recognize the few points that you brought up that is making tempest really suck in pvp now.

Believe me, i used to be very into pvp with a tempest myself, getting into top 5 overall ladder ranking at one point. However many nerfs came and it became too much and i quit pvp as a tempest altogether.

A few things that killed tempest (or rather, acrobats in general) in pvp are:

- No more reliable initiating skills (I- frame removal from initiating skills like kickshot, spiral kick, cyclone kick etc.)
          - Very short range on main damage skills (Aoe of spiral vortex is smaller than its skill effects, unlike many other class skills where the aoe is bigger that its skill effect.)
          - Few and unreliable SA / SA break skills. (Skills like bloomkick and ring shot are just about the only strong SA break skills, but pretty much all of them possess very little SA. and cannot break 1/2 of the skills)
          - Joke EX instant. (While other class's EX instant can be used in pvp. Tempest's EXi is totally unusable in pvp)
          - Silence effect removal on Hurricane Dance. (Targets hit by HD can now still escape, if they have high para resist, which defeats the reward of being able to land this hard to use, hard to land skill.)
          - Awakening skills are unsuable in pvp.

I can go on, but thats just some of the things i find that really kills off any fighting chance that tempests have in pvp.

Comment

Working...
          X