Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regarding about the recent Raven boost (which was actually a nerf)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding about the recent Raven boost (which was actually a nerf)

ED release the follow up patch for it.
    The Developers already admitted that it was a nerf thus they follow up with a fix for it.
    It seems unreasonable for Raven mains that thinks its a boost for this patch and to be slammed with disappointment because of the half ass Raven boost that we got.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.e5pbm55fid6q (source for the Developer's note)

"We DIDN'T REVIEW the damage of the main skills...". Say again? "DIDN'T REVIEW". My goodness this game's handlers. Still, DN SEA implemented the erroneous change. I don't know anymore

Comment

• NearLawlet
      NearLawlet commented
      Editing a comment
      DN SEA had no choice but to follow the update timeline just like other servers such as DN NA or DN INA. Even if they knew something was bugged, there's nothing they can do until the server is allowed to implement the next patch.

Though I can agree that it's ridiculous of developers to implement such change without testing...

It doesnt seem like a huge nerf to me at all, although star combi was removed the new gull has improved damage and only cost you 5 bubbles. Its not that bad.

They appeared, gleaming and victorious. Our Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds,the ceremonial Naga drums. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. They were not stoic and silent. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
    When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by divine blades.The drums,the Empire, fell silent forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelly View Post
      It doesnt seem like a huge nerf to me at all, although star combi was removed the new gull has improved damage and only cost you 5 bubbles. Its not that bad.
      The cast time is horrible.
      Old GC fast cast makes the gameplay fluid, not anymore now.
      I'm not happy with the change but it is what it is.
      It will get buffed again soon enough(hopefully) to 17000%+ and the removal of steal consumption for CS, maybe by that time people will forget about the old GC.

I won't call it huge nerf but it is still a nerf even if it says otherwise on paper.

Comment

• Chelly
        Chelly commented
        Editing a comment
        Knee Gc cast time can be bypassed by inserting gc during rake exi. Tested it out and it works.

• Knee
        Knee commented
        Editing a comment
        Chelly That works if you have harmo/willpower, in a situation of let's say solo service/btg dps test if you have no willpower fragment(I'm one of those who rely on other people for willpower fragment coz I can only play like 1-2 hours daily), the speed won't be enough to pull that off unlike burning coal.
        Another thing is rake exi is something you cast off cd so need to pay more attention to positioning if you want to squeeze gc in.

It's great when you can pull it off consistently but if you fck up it could be costly.

• Chelly
        Chelly commented
        Editing a comment
        Erm, it is the responsibility of the user to get the WP fragment to pull that off then, Furthermore wp fragment is permanent at the moment , so its not an excuse that not having it will hinder the rotation, where you have the choice to use it or not. In addition ,it can also be sped up using crippling punisher however for 15 seconds only.
        At this point of time, i dont think anybody would run raids without wp?
        Burning coal is an alternative, but it has longer cd than rake exi, so i believe in exchange for the wp fragment, casting gc in rake exi is much better.

I fail to understand why ppl prefer multi-hit to single-hit skill even though the damage are similar. Single-hit skill is unstable, but in the long run, total damage will be the same.
      zArAthena - Flurry. LafielHime - Black Mara. LukaLukaNF - Black Mara. zArZeratul - Raven. FaerieMoon - Arti

Comment

• Ragnár
        Ragnár commented
        Editing a comment
        It is not about being multi-hit or not, it's about the casting time, which is huge compared to the previous multi-hit. Also, the chain star loss, reduced the damage alot. In my case, it's 700m damage i'am not having, and so the slow motion new GC cast time, made my dps fall over 20%. It's alot to consider if u stop to think its damage per second. Before, with only 403k p-atk my DPS in party was like 70m. Now after patch, i've increased my attack to 515k and my DPS is only 5**. So... thats explain why most of raven users are pissed off with this new patch. Note: My dps in party does not count as my real DPS. In traning ground before i was having 183m. Now it's just 146m.

• Chelly
        Chelly commented
        Editing a comment
        I didnt know whacking a stationary golem = your dps, must as well you just stay inside btg for the rest of your dn life..

At first I was skeptical about the changes since mainly because I knew about the Guillotine Cast time. I tried it out last night in IDN HC and it was not half bad to be honest. Until I go into Rune HC in a balanced party (that means no one using Calypse), I cannot say for sure if it's better or worse by how much exactly, but I do feel like the gameplay has changed, but the overall DPS/Damage output is the same. Almost feels like a breather, really, since you don't have to keep chasing that x3 bubble mechanic after using chain skills. lol that was the biggest flaw and time waster in the old gameplay if you ask me.

To back me up, here's my IDN HC result last night. I got 143m DPS with 145b damage done. See how the skill people are hating on so much for being slow is still top dog DPS skill. lol

But Crow Storm, lol it's just so sad, can't even 1-shot an Ice Statue in IDN HC.

link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...-04-17_Sun.jpg

Comment

• Ulrich
        Ulrich commented
        Editing a comment
        I would agree, it's a different gameplay now, which is a bit of an itch for a main Raven player like me, but I'm slowly picking it up again. I'm slowly appreciating GC now, but not quite, as its casting time is hell, it gets interrupted so bad, but once it hits...damage! It was also nice to go away with the Rake spam, true, but the damage they nerfed from isn't something I might get used to...(at least for this patch). Lastly, I'm in the process of appreciating the new Crow Strom, but heck its damage and making it hit is lame (hope its better in the next patch). Sadly, I just use it as an escape to take advantage of the 0.5 invulnerability...geez

Honestly, i like the new GC better. It makes raven easier to use. Also, now you can land 2 GC easily in the time frame of fade. Yes, i agree that the dps is slightly lower now but thats gonna be fixed in the next update so i don't have any complaints.

Comment

Cough cough**

They appeared, gleaming and victorious. Our Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds,the ceremonial Naga drums. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. They were not stoic and silent. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
        When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by divine blades.The drums,the Empire, fell silent forever.

Comment

• Xenocho
          Xenocho commented
          Editing a comment
          They say you can never run from your roots, based on your signature gif LOL

Yes, this is a big nerf to Raven. Raven is weak class. Yes, Raven is suck. Raven is unplayable.

Bonus: Raven after boost
        http://www.bilibili.com/video/av16773615/?zw
        zArAthena - Flurry. LafielHime - Black Mara. LukaLukaNF - Black Mara. zArZeratul - Raven. FaerieMoon - Arti

Comment

Working...
        X