Regarding LF CM3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding LF CM3

I'm having trouble understanding how much damage does the Edge Fan and Ring Strike deal.
    From my understanding of CM3,

Edge Fan deals an increased 1300%/hit of the 190%/knife hit (only lvl 6 for me) and it does a total of 14 hits so [ 190% (1 + 13.00) ] = 2660%/hit x 14 = 37,240% would be the total damage dealt or would it deal just how much the Edge Fan would if the 6 knives hit [ (190% x 6) x (1 + 13.00)] = 15,960% total [1,140%/hit for 14 hits of the new Edge Fan].

Ring Strike deals an increased 1500%/hit. From testing the CM3 combo, the Ring Strike part deals only 1 hit. On this point onward, I don't know if it's bugged? or does it deal the 20 (maybe 19??) hits of the EX version in one explosive drop?

Originally posted by vjdarktm View Post
    I'm having trouble understanding how much damage does the Edge Fan and Ring Strike deal.
    From my understanding of CM3,

Edge Fan deals an increased 1300%/hit of the 190%/knife hit (only lvl 6 for me) and it does a total of 14 hits so [ 190% (1 + 13.00) ] = 2660%/hit x 14 = 37,240% would be the total damage dealt or would it deal just how much the Edge Fan would if the 6 knives hit [ (190% x 6) x (1 + 13.00)] = 15,960% total [1,140%/hit for 14 hits of the new Edge Fan].

Ring Strike deals an increased 1500%/hit. From testing the CM3 combo, the Ring Strike part deals only 1 hit. On this point onward, I don't know if it's bugged? or does it deal the 20 (maybe 19??) hits of the EX version in one explosive drop?
    yeah Ring Strike INS is basically 15 hit RS into 1 big hit, about edge fan i don't know tbh someone said it changes the modifier of Edged Fan to 1300% instead

Comment

LF's CM3 skill description is misleading (at least in the Edged Fan bit). It doesn't increase the damage of Edged Fan but changes it (modify) to 1300% per knife. Getting Edged Fan past level 6 does not increase it's damage in any way. So, it is wise to only get Edged Fan 6.

For CM3 Ring Strike, basically RS Damage in skill description x 15 in a single hit. RS total damage is highly dependent on character's height in air (tested this by using Quantum Trance -> Double Jump to gain air height) and the height of enemy's hitbox. In most cases, non-CM3 Ring Strike outdamages CM3 Ring Strike (full cast Ring Strike is commonly 20-hits) but there's the debate of casting time and vulnerability in casting the full non-CM3 Ring Strike.

Comment

• Skyros
        Skyros commented
        Editing a comment
        For CM3 Edged Fan it is a 1300%/knife. I haven't tested this but I think the 1300% is dispersed in 12 hits (0.5 coeff per knife) and the extra 2 hits have no damage (or atleast substantial damage) just like Edged Fan non-CM3 animation.

For CM3 Ring Strike, yes, you are right. Having a skill tech and skill heraldry also increases the damage following your calculation.

• vjdarktm
        vjdarktm commented
        Editing a comment
        So Edge Fan CM3 is a (or should be) 7,800% skill dispersed in 12 hits [650%/hit] but 2 hits is "bugged".

The CM3 Ring Strike is just the EX version [increased by 50% so (413% x (1 + 0.5)) = 619.5%] to make things simpler. But yeah, a skill tech and heraldry would increase it significantly [455% x 1.5 (ex ver.) = 682.5% x 1.2 (heraldry) = 819% x 15 (cm3) = 12,285%] but is approx. 4,000% less than the 20-hit one.

Hope my calculations are right =D

• Skyros
        Skyros commented
        Editing a comment
        As I said its still not tested, but 14 hits is weird considering there are only 6 knives accounting the damage. Well just a theory.
    Working...
    X