Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a Question to fellow Clerics, Its a noob question of mine (sorry about it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a Question to fellow Clerics, Its a noob question of mine (sorry about it)

Is Guardian Classes should be also be Agi/Str and Agi/vit as a second choice or something?
    The main is Str/Vit yes I understand that but what about the second choice, What is your opinion ^_^
    Thank you
    "I Apologize for being a hindrance in your life, I must walk and fade away like I never exist in this world." - LazySp3aKx

INT/VIT stat

INT mainly for magical def
    Class Mastery 3 guide with some details
    Edited as of 28/11/2017

Comment

• JudeMenrieTorres
      JudeMenrieTorres commented
      Editing a comment
      Not Inqui, Guardian xD

• Arkhaez
      Arkhaez commented
      Editing a comment
      It is still true. As tank main role, you might want to boost your magical defense more by stacking up INT.

If you do not like that idea, then maybe go for something with AGI for crit if you're still not capped.

go for VIT for extra HP and Defense, it will drastically boost your survival and also increases the effectiveness of your Guardian Force which is needed to give your allies a barrier that will help absorb the damage they take which the durability of the barrier depends on how much HP you have.

go for INT for the extra Magic Defense? im not sure about that, your attribute priority ranked:
    1. STR ~ Your main Attribute as a Guardian Class which role is Tank, increasing it will improve your physical attack power, and critical damage
    2. VIT ~ 2nd important attribute as a Tank , increases both your MAX HP and Physical Defense and also your paralyze and stun resists.
    3. INT ~ 3rd most important attribute as a Tank, increases your Magical Defense, which is needed by a Guardian, but believe me you can compensate with the Heraldry and Talismans that increases your Magical Defense, this attribute will be a hindrance for you instead of getting VIT which will be much more helpful than getting INT, which increases your Magical Defense a small amount considering Heraldry and Talismans increases your Magical Defense drastically, you will get this attribute anyway if you are geared enough (Legend Gears)
    4. AGI ~ not so important considering the Role of the Guardian Class is to tank, to which damage is not that necessary, critical chance is too small considering AGI stats only gives you a small amount of it, but also gives you decent amount of Physical Damage, but it will not be a good choice for your Role Tank, party buffs will compensate for your low critical chance, give the chance to deal massive damage for the DPS class and do your role properly, dont get this attribute as your 2nd choice in increasing stats on your priorities.
    that is all i could share with the knowledge i know hope it helps

Comment

• JudeMenrieTorres
      JudeMenrieTorres commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that information sir I appreciate it so much (y)

• CLYMAX
      CLYMAX commented
      Editing a comment
      More MAXHP makes Guardian Force more effective, remember that Guardian Force is your main defensive skill to protect both you and your allies from danger, having Guardian Force will absorb damage you take and your allies while your saint is waiting for his healing skills to cooldown.

coordination is also key to successfully pull off saving your allies when certain mechanics will kill you off, because some mechanics won't literally kill your team, it will just damage them,if the damage is enough to deal a killing blow on your party , having Guardian Force will absorb most of the damage and leave your party
      alive

Originally posted by CLYMAX View Post
    go for VIT for extra HP and Defense, it will drastically boost your survival and also increases the effectiveness of your Guardian Force which is needed to give your allies a barrier that will help absorb the damage they take which the durability of the barrier depends on how much HP you have.

go for INT for the extra Magic Defense? im not sure about that, your attribute priority ranked:
    1. STR ~ Your main Attribute as a Guardian Class which role is Tank, increasing it will improve your physical attack power, and critical damage
    2. VIT ~ 2nd important attribute as a Tank , increases both your MAX HP and Physical Defense and also your paralyze and stun resists.
    3. INT ~ 3rd most important attribute as a Tank, increases your Magical Defense, which is needed by a Guardian, but believe me you can compensate with the Heraldry and Talismans that increases your Magical Defense, this attribute will be a hindrance for you instead of getting VIT which will be much more helpful than getting INT, which increases your Magical Defense a small amount considering Heraldry and Talismans increases your Magical Defense drastically, you will get this attribute anyway if you are geared enough (Legend Gears)
    4. AGI ~ not so important considering the Role of the Guardian Class is to tank, to which damage is not that necessary, critical chance is too small considering AGI stats only gives you a small amount of it, but also gives you decent amount of Physical Damage, but it will not be a good choice for your Role Tank, party buffs will compensate for your low critical chance, give the chance to deal massive damage for the DPS class and do your role properly, dont get this attribute as your 2nd choice in increasing stats on your priorities.
    that is all i could share with the knowledge i know hope it helps
    That's contradicting...
    I don't know how much stacking INT can help increase MDEF but if it can increase from 50% base up to like 85% then it's better to stack INT as a tank, right?

Comment

• CLYMAX
      CLYMAX commented
      Editing a comment
      MDEF is not an issue for a guardian, having more HP will help the Guardian Force Buff to be more effective, having more INT to increase your Defense is pointless considering it will only increase few MDEF for every point of INT and trading more Survivability for INT is not advisable.

Think of it carefully, VIT increases MAX HP/PDEF/PARA RESIST/STUN RESIST while INT increases MATK (which is useless for a guardian/MDEF/CRIT DMG

• Knee
      Knee commented
      Editing a comment
      By my post above, I'm saying INT/VIT instead of STR/VIT as a tank.
      Of course VIT is a must, more like VIT is the main stat here, the 2nd option is either STR or INT in which STR is useless since your damage doesn't matter so the other logical is INT which does increase your MDEF, the question is by how much, if it can increase like 30% of MDEF then I'm down for that instead, if it's like lower than 10% then might as well stack STR.

Str/VIT is obviously main choice

AGI > INT because agi boosts Guardian pdmg, of course guard damage isn’t high priority but you need damage to clear content so having damage is good

mdef gain from int has been nerfed, and good Guardian doesn’t need mdef to live

but to be honest most of this sounds ridiculous, gems only give str/int/agi so why would you sacrifice STR, guardians main stat, for INT or AGI?
    Last edited by ceruulean; 10-25-2017, 02:47 PM.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Who guards the guardians?

Comment

Working...
    X